Emily

Emily

A Chapter by C.

Her name was Emily. I hated her.

She was a bitchy brunette with blue eyes so icy they’d give you hypothermia. They melted a little when you fucked her, though.

Her mom shoved her out of the car at her cousin’s one weekend in the middle of the school year. I guess the mom had enough of Emily’s s**t and just decided to ditch her off on someone else. Everyone in the cousin’s family was fucked up as well, so they didn’t care about Emily’s problems. She was probably the most normal of all of them, to be honest. She was the only one who could probably still be fixed if she managed to ever meet someone willing to deal with her long enough to fix her.

I met her a few weeks after she came into town. My dealer skipped town; didn’t even have the decency to tell me.

But, Emily figured out where majority of the drug deals were made in town and started hanging out there. It was Frisky’s Bar, downtown. They ‘let any ol’ riff-raff in there’ " according to a sign placed outside the door. They didn’t even card.

Not that I cared much, I wasn’t a big drinker. Coke was my thing, and unfortunately, Emily was the only one in town that dealt it anymore.

When I walked into Frisky’s she ran up to me like a giddy little school girl and waved a bag in my face. The bag had a lipstick stain kiss on it the same color as was on her lips. I knocked her hand down and told her to stop being so f*****g obvious. And when I asked how she knew what I wanted and if she was stalking me, she just giggled and held out her hand for cash.

I rolled my eyes and gave her the money.

The next morning, I found her asleep in my bed. My memories were foggy, but I did remember f*****g her. She was pretty good  ̶  Would’ve been better if I didn’t hate her, though. She left a ruby red lipstick stain on my mirror that I didn’t notice until after she left.

We met every other weekend at the bar for smokes and beer and drug deals. I woke up every other weekend to her naked in my bed.

A few months after she got into town, we went on what I guess would be our first date. We went to Denny’s at 2 am after I fucked her and she decided she was hungry. We smoked at the table, and the waitress flirted with me, which pissed Emily off. But, the jealousy made her f**k even better.

That summer was filled with Green Town Beer, cheap cigarettes, foggy windows, midnight lake swims, lipstick stains, and so many lines I couldn’t count.

September came around, and I went to school for my first day as a senior. I was so close to freedom I could almost smoke it. Emily said she’d meet me on the football bleachers for lunch.

I’d fallen in love with her over the summer. I told her the night before school started. She told me she loved me back. We decided to skip town and leave for L.A. the second after we graduated.

She never showed up for lunch. I got pissed and ditched my last class. When I went to my truck to drive home, I saw a ruby red lipstick stain on the driver’s side window.

I slammed the door behind me after I got home and stormed into the bathroom, to try to take a shower to calm down.

That lipstick stain she left on my mirror was still there. I never washed it off.

A few moments later, blood splatter stained the counter, now covered in glass, and flowed down the sink. My knuckles burned and I spent the next hour picking glass out of them.

When I finished senior year, I did a line immediately. I’d been saving it. It was the last of the stuff she sold me. I went home that night and packed my bags. I wasn’t going to L.A., but I was getting the hell out of this town. The next morning before I left, I grabbed the mail. I wasn’t expecting anything, so I’m still not sure why I did it.

In the middle of my mom’s bills and junk mail was a postcard from L.A., signed with a heart and a lipstick stain.

It only took me a few hours to reach Los Angeles.



© 2017 C.


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

I really enjoyed this! I think you've done well establishing just how kind of, out of the blue their relationship ended up.
I would have liked a little bit about why he changed his feelings about her, or what he now saw in her - or even just that her bitchy-ness wasn't as evident anymore or something.
Although, there was just a small mess up on the line where you talked about her being the only person that dealt coke in the town. It says, 'Emily was the only one in town THE dealt it anymore.'
Well done though, loved how raw it was. Keep it up.

Posted 7 Years Ago


I did enjoy this story.
"In the middle of my mom’s bills and junk mail was a postcard from L.A., signed with a heart and a lipstick stain.
It only took me a few hours to reach Los Angeles."
I liked the above lines and I did like the woman. Wild temptation make a man want what he doesn't need. Thank you for sharing the amazing tale.
Coyote

Posted 7 Years Ago


Such a beautiful story .... I love it and really enjoyed reading it thanks for sharing such an awesome piece of work

Posted 7 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

230 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on June 12, 2016
Last Updated on March 9, 2017


Author

C.
C.

IN



About
boo, you whorecrux. more..

Writing
Her Name Was... Her Name Was...

A Book by C.


Every Which Way Every Which Way

A Poem by C.


Blowing Smoke; Blowing Smoke;

A Poem by C.



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Madeline Madeline

A Poem by Reaper


Stars; Stars;

A Story by C.