The Goddess

The Goddess

A Chapter by ANewAgeOfSkies
"

This is the story of Keisaka Inataru...or at least the end of her story.

"
     Keisaka Inataru lifted her head from the water. She had just flew straight into the ocean when she noticed the fallen angels following her. They moved along the wind and in blind sight, but their appearances were subtle, faded even. Only glimpses of their faces and sometimes their wings did Keisaka actually realize she was being followed by them. She knew she was being hunted for what she did in the past. Her memory of that single insufferable moment had given her a major headache. Forcing herself to focus on what was in the present, she began to fly up.

     The fallen angels must have known they were spotted. They let go of there fading appearance and became as clear as a glass surface. It became more difficult for Keisaka to see them, but that did not matter at the time. She would not need to see them to do what she did next and what she did next would practically be suicide for any normal demon, but her power came from the Sun. She was the goddess of the sun. She would use that power if she needed to, but not for violence. And so, Keisaka stopped her wings and focused her red eyes downward. As she fell toward the ocean, her white hair wrapped around her white skin, green, and black clothing. She twisted her body repeatedly to move quicker. Then, she dived into the ocean and swam to a nearby underwater rock.

     She stayed there for what seemed like hours. Her skin began to tear and crumble away with the flow of the water. She lifted her head from the water and gasped for air. There were no more signs that the fallen angels were anywhere in the area and so, she attempted to climb out the water, but her body was to weak. It had been scorned by the water's light energy. When Keisaka realized this, she began to feel even more weak and fainted into the ocean.

"Hey! I think I found her!" One of the fallen angels yelled, "The Sun Goddess is over here."

     As he claimed, the goddess of the sun was there. Her skin had turned grey and overall, she looked like a cracked doll as she slept on the sand. No, she wasn't sleeping, she wasn't breathing. Suddenly, without any sign that it would actually happen, her entire body shattered to pieces and flew away with the wind. The fallen angel was surprised by the startling event and took a few steps backward. The others that had came to see her had also witnessed it. They were also startled, but recovered quickly and began to fly away.

"She's dead now," one had stated, "Nothing we can do with a corpse."
"Yeah, just leave her there to rot," snorted another.

     They would never come back to this place. They did not know what would happen that night when it had rushed in over the sky. A new body had began to form. One that was different from before, it had light brown skin with raven black hair that came down a little farther than her shoulders. Her body twitched for a while and then clothes had formed around her. She wore a sleeveless, black turtle neck and white pants with black stripes and colors at the end. On top of all that was a short, black hooded cloak with a gem that was half white, half black that kept the cloak together. Then, her eyes opened. They were not a gleaming red, but a cold and dark blue that could probably freeze time itself. From Keisaka Inataru awoke Kaisaka Saikoro. The Demon Lord. Once she dies, the other will live again. That's what Kaisaka wanted to believe. She knew the truth behind that incredibly huge lie.

"I must forget," she whispered, "I must force myself to believe that I have a split soul."

     A split soul, where half of the soul belongs to her, so when the other half dies, she can live an equal amount of time or live longer and become a whole soul. Yes, that is what she would force herself to believe. That is what she had now believed and would not try to remember the truth. A truth that even you, the readers, don't know.


© 2012 ANewAgeOfSkies


Author's Note

ANewAgeOfSkies
Please comment! I would like to hear what you think!

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

90 Views
Added on December 31, 2012
Last Updated on December 31, 2012


Author

ANewAgeOfSkies
ANewAgeOfSkies

Eastampton, NJ



About
I like to write about different characters in the same stories because it makes it more interesting to read. It's hard for me to write without music though...and the music has to be related to the sce.. more..

Writing