Koji Kuromata

Koji Kuromata

A Chapter by ANewAgeOfSkies
"

This is the story of Koji, a man who simply fell in love...

"
     Koji continued to work after hours at the dojo. Though, his real job was in his office at the back of the dojo. This is where he would sign contracts with people and hunt others down for money. He was quite the bounty hunter, but he only excepted to hunt down demons. His eyes were a deep purple due to the dark energy that lay inside him. Demons were easy to track down to him because his eyes allowed him to detect where large amounts of dark energy was. It was more like he was always being pulled towards it. As if someone, may it be himself or some other being, wanted him to get trapped inside the world of demons, evil, all of that.
     Koji walked to his office and sat in his huge black chair. He looked at the papers spread across his desk. A girl came into his memory, tall and skinny with bright and bouncy hair. Nostalgic as she seemed to him, he knew she would be coming back. The letter from months ago was the only proof he needed. Only a few more hours left until he saw the young woman that he fell in love with so long ago. Koji sighed and hung onto the lingering memory of her appearance, he personality, and her amazing smile. Something about her just seemed so angelic.
     If she were to come back, she would come back today at nine in the afternoon. The sun would be down by then. Koji worried that it might be dangerous for her to be traveling at night, but he knew she was strong-willed and would never give up. He looked at the cracked clock hanging above his bamboo sword pile. He should really clean up the place, but he's been so busy with thing lately. Her name, he remembered something important. After all the time Koji had known this woman, she had never spoke her name. This was very disheartening for him, the fact that he noticed it after knowing her for so long and after waiting for her to come back for even a longer time. This was pathetic, I'm a pathetic moron! He would have to learn it when she came back. Learn it, remember it, etch it into my mind.
     Someone walked into the dojo, Koji could sense it from his office. It was her voice that was yelling acroos the main room of the building. He ran, she's here, as fast as he possibly could, she's really here, to the main room. When he slid the doors open, he gasped. She was there, right in front of him. She seemed a little surprised by his sudden appearance, but recovered quickly and smiled gently. She looked the same as when she left, bright.
"Your name?"
"What?"
"Your name...what is it?" he asked urgently.

     She paused for a moment, she seemed taken aback by this question. Her response was firm, but gentle at the same time.

"Lucy."

     Koji repeated her name in his head to remember it. Yes, it was now embedded into his brain and would never be forgotten. He walked towards her as casual as anyone person ever could, and wrapped her with his arms. He held onto the moment as long as he could without making anything awkward. Then he stepped back, and asked her to follow him to the back of the dojo, past his office, where there was an opening. They sat down on the floor and let their feet dangle above the ground outside. They watched the fireflies that night and talked for hours as they catched up on the time they spent away from each other.
     Then, she left in the morning to go unpack her bags at her house. When she left the dojo that morning, she gave an eery smile. One Koji had never seen before, but he overlooked it. There were more important things to do. Later that evening, demons had ambushed the dojo. One of them held Lucy in his arms. She was unconsious and somehow seemed faded, unintact with herself.
"Listen," the one in front of all of the demons demanded, "We can't have you tracking us down anymore, so just turn yourself in and we won't hurt this lady here."

     The demon pointed his finger towards Lucy. Koji squinted his eyes at them, glaring at them or more like through them as his eyesight pierced through their souls. He looked beyond all of them and saw a blue pick-up truck outside. The back held four other demons with another inside at the driver seat. He focused on the demons again. There was no way out of this, truthfully. Koji wanted to keep Lucy safe. He agrred to turn himself in. The demons led him into the truck, but they stayed in place. One of the demons still held Lucy. As they began to drive off, Koji turned back to see Lucy.
     When he did, Lucy opened her eyes and instantly wore a tense, horrified face. That face killed Koji on the inside. He hated to see her face like that. Especially when it might be the last time he saw her. That terrified face would be a scar on his inner thoughts. Permanently etched into his mind with her name, apperance, and personality.
     They arrived at a building. It was tall and halfway through was cut off to just a set of stairs sticking out. One of the demons spread his wings, they were grey and withering. They were fallen angels. Demons that were closest to heaven.
"We could use your power," one laughed, "We'll even give you the special treatment."

     They grabbed one of Koji's arms and flew to the top of the building. There, he was pushed to the top of the stairs until he entered another dimension. The fallen angel nehind him didn't follow him the whole way, but one of the guards forced him into one of the cells.He was locked up there and had done nothing for a while,but then had a change of heart. He remember the face and so, he began to train everyday within his cell. Then, he remember her name.
"Lucy," he whispered, "I will get back to you."


© 2013 ANewAgeOfSkies


Author's Note

ANewAgeOfSkies
Please comment. I would like to hear what you think!

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

93 Views
Added on January 1, 2013
Last Updated on January 1, 2013


Author

ANewAgeOfSkies
ANewAgeOfSkies

Eastampton, NJ



About
I like to write about different characters in the same stories because it makes it more interesting to read. It's hard for me to write without music though...and the music has to be related to the sce.. more..

Writing