Prologue

Prologue

A Chapter by AWickedMoon

An ear wrenching scream shattered the illusion of chaotic peace in the concert hall.  It silenced both the crowd and the band.  Everyone quickly hurried to cover their ears from the sound.  I flinched but didn't cover my ears.  Some of the crowd started having nosebleeds and a few had passed out.  When it ended everyone turned towards the back of the hall to see what had made the noise.  A very tall woman maybe 6'6 with dark tanned skin walked out from behind a veil of smoke, and started heading straight for the stage.  We locked eyes and she smiled, I felt a chill go down my spine.  Was she some part of the show Michael forgot to tell us about? Michael was are producer and was usually pretty good about these things.  As she walked the fans drifted back, I could tell some stepped back out of fear and others from of a need they didn't understand.  She walked forward hypnotically.  Everyone seemed caught in a trance, there eyes glazed over in the haze.

Her upper body was covered in what looked almost like a steel corset made up of silver snakes with emerald eyes, they coiled around her body.  Two of the snake tails ended the armour in a point at her stomach.  From the point around fell emerald green silk to make a skirt, that ended mid-thigh.  From her feet to her thigh were covered with steel boots, etched with an ancient looking pattern. There was another metal snake running down he length of her arm, at her the hand its mouth opened and chains went out to each of her fingers attached to nail rings, sharpened to a point.  On her other hand she held a very old looking dagger, it was a steel dagger with etched with dark green flames.  Upon the bottom of the hilt there were three  silver cobra heads shown as hissing. 


As she walked past the crowd she extended her arms out and raked her fingers against some of the the fans cheeks, drawing blood on some.  She stared right into my eyes.  I stood frozen in place, not out of fear, but in surprise.  I was surprised with recognition but could not figure out where I knew her from.  I could hear someone calling his name in the background.  The woman reached the front of the stage stood just below me.  I noticed that her snake wrapped hand seemed to be glowing.  When she spoke it was like honey dripping down a chimney picking up all the dirty soot along the way.  Her voice its self was enough to draw blood from some fans ears.  "You think you can stand above me? "  She said.  "My dear creature, you must come join me,  I has searched for you for so long and you are my weapon against the shadows and the gods.  Andor come join with me once again"  She finished awaiting an answer. I looked at the rest of the band members but only received shrugs.

Andor?  I thought to my self before speaking aloud.  "I don't understand what you are talking about, and my name is not Andor.  My name is William Lunedor."



© 2014 AWickedMoon


Author's Note

AWickedMoon
Alright how do you like it? I just thought about it before bed and had to scribble it all down!

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Pretty interesting start for your story.
You need to check the grammar and maybe think about polishing it a bit.

Nice work. I'll like to see how this shapes up!

Posted 10 Years Ago


AWickedMoon

10 Years Ago

Thank you! I'm notorious for bad grammar! But I am working on refining my skills. Glad you enjoye.. read more
DanteYurei

10 Years Ago

Just a few details here and there, nothing that prevents the reader from understanding the sentence!
This is really interesting already! you always add in characters that have a really dark side. I like it. :) ;) Keep up the good work! Looking forward to the next chapter.

This review was written for a previous version of this writing

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Change ear to heart imo, also how can it be an illusion of chaotic peace? I dont particularly get what you're trying to say, one or the other would work better.in the second sentence there should be an until before the. Straight*. Fragment, fragment, put a comma in between them. eyes not eye. does she have two tails or did you mean to say the that she had tails coiling around her? good, when you say he stood frozen in place, not ouf of fear it shouldnt be a sentence on its in so remove the period. after that another fragment you can probably take it out as its a bit repeating. that be should be a but he could hear, you end your sentences too soon again, at the end of the third paragrraph that whole thing should be a sentence. nice imagery, its self = itself. there names sound too similar to me idk thats just my opinion

This review was written for a previous version of this writing

Posted 10 Years Ago


Pretty interesting for a prologue, though I am unsure if my opinion has much merit. I am not much of a writer book wise. The detail was just enough to give us an idea of what to imagine in our heads while still vague enouge to leave us wanting more. I look forward to reading more!

This review was written for a previous version of this writing

Posted 10 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

305 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on October 18, 2013
Last Updated on January 1, 2014


Author

AWickedMoon
AWickedMoon

Calgary, I am a fan of the egyptian gods, Canada



About
If you have time check out my Deviant account! http://jadepatterson.deviantart.com/ a> My name is Jade Patterson and I hail from Calgary, Canada. I enjoy dipping in to all genres and trying my h.. more..

Writing
Rant #1 Rant #1

A Story by AWickedMoon