Split

Split

A Story by Phantom Heart
"

Here�s something I had forgotten about, it�s somewhat confusing but I�ll post it anyway.

"

It was dark, void of all light. A light sprang into the abyss, and forced it into the corners. Stephanie walked into the room, an unpleasant smile on her face. Stephanie looked up, her face still wet with tears. The salty streaks seemed to have permanently marred her features. She had been crying for a long time. She smiled at Stephanie, joy spreading across her face like a flood. Stephanie looked down at her like she was something unwholesome, not to be touched. Stephanie was oblivious to the look her savior gave her she stood up, running to embrace her savior. Stephanie struck out at her as she approached. The violent strike sent Stephanie crashing to the ground. She lay there in a heap for only a moment hoping for the apology that would never be forthcoming. Still she looked up hoping still, wishing for something, anything. Vain was all the hope she had. This she knew all too well.

Again she started crying not from pain or even from the ill treatment she was receiving but instead she cried because she had no other way to express what she was feeling. What was she feeling? Was she happy? No and yes. She was confused, burning perhaps. What was this feeling inside her? A mad rage would take hold of her as she gazed into the venomous eyes of her salvation. But no, it could not be hate she felt, that was out of the question. She needed more that hatred to sustain her. Peace she also felt, an unearthly calm stole into her mind as she puzzled over her feelings. A longing for love was the first to arise from the calm of her mind. It was followed quickly by a sincere desire to keep Stephanie near her always. She was in love.
 
Stephanie was done here. She turned and walked through the light. Stephanie screamed, it was hollow and piercing in her mind though no sound was made. Was she going mad? Why was she leaving didn’t she understand? She loved her! She was scared now. Afraid of the dark, terrified of being alone, hating the light that brought her with. She hated her! Why was this so hard to see? She was in love. She was scared of everything around her. The pain of fear was unbearable it felt like someone was strangling her driving out sanity and leaving nothing in its place. Stephanie stopped when she was halfway out not because Stephanie started screaming, but because she enjoyed inflicting pain. She had to try to focus, to keep her mind from leaving her completely. She had to focus on Stephanie. Think about how much she meant to her. The pain was blinding but she had to hold on for just a moment longer. Maybe this time she would come back, maybe she wouldn’t leave. Yes! That was it, hope. Hold on another moment.
 
Stephanie didn’t move either leaving or returning, she was enjoying this. Her smile returned. Yes, this was why she returned. Stephanie was screaming as loud as she could but not a sound could be heard. She was in hysterics trying just to scream. Stephanie, after a look and a long breath, she left. Stephanie was alone. She was cold inside. She tried to purge it from her wash herself in tears. Nothing worked. She retreated to a corner where the darkness was gaining strength. Soon the darkness rushed the light and engulfed it. It was dark.

 

© 2009 Phantom Heart


Author's Note

Phantom Heart
Stephanie actually has a split personality problem. All this has taken place in her mind, that's why nobody talks.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

You have a natural talent and you definitely captured the whirling incoherent thoughts of a schizophrenic perfectly. Nice Job.

Posted 15 Years Ago


O.e
daaaannnnggg gena.....
that sounds like a dream i had once...........
O.O or was it a dream??
*dramatic music*

It was a great story.... a bit confusing...... but good.

........hey.......*looks at your note thingy*........
I talk to my voices all the time....................
for all I know.....they're making me type this........
XD!!!

Posted 15 Years Ago


Cool! Very well written! What's happened to poor Stephanie?

Posted 15 Years Ago


Whoa, sounds like stephanie is dead or like she has split personalities and one is taking control...COol story very interesting!

Posted 15 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

152 Views
4 Reviews
Added on February 2, 2009
Last Updated on February 16, 2009

Author

Phantom Heart
Phantom Heart

Coal City, IL



About
I really would like to become a better writer in order to express myself clearly. I am looking for lots of constructive criticism. I haven�t had anyone teach me how to write, so I have jus.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..