Children of the Corn: A Video-Game Adventure

Children of the Corn: A Video-Game Adventure

A Story by Abishai100
"

A children's teacher decides to use a Stephen King novel to create a Halloween video-game adventure for kids designed to draw out dreamy imagination!

"
I really wanted to offer an education vignette about reinventing Halloween mysticism, inspired by the film Toys, since this St. Patrick's Day we might want to think about why and how Americans appreciate the modern social value of creative democracy!
This dialogic vignette references the Halloween-dioramic iconic Stephen King adapted Children of the Corn horror-cinema franchise.




Thanks so much for reading (signing off --- finally!),






====

"Isaac was a gifted children's teacher and amateur comic book artist who shared his doodle-drawings of offbeat Marvel Comics super-villains, especially Hobgoblin, with his kids. Now, Isaac wanted to expand his interests in education and art to develop a Halloween video-game for kids based on the Children of the Corn horror-film franchise. Isaac was sure he had the skills and interest to make this project something worthy of a modern diorama! Isaac was a real-life knight."



"Isaac's adopted son Ben loved video-games, so Isaac set-up a video-game playing center in Ben's room with his own laptop and controller. Ben would play various games at night in his room, including Sonic the Hedgehog and Castlevania. Isaac realized that kids thought of video-games as toys that encouraged freestyle imagination regarding courage and environments."



"The reason Isaac chose the Children of the Corn horror-film franchise/series as his inspiration for the video-game he was developing/designing with his computer-software company friend and graduate of M.I.T., Steve Job, was that the Stephen King based horror-story about a group of united children in a corn-field possessed by an underworld spirit and led by a Messianic 'dark child' of the Apocalypse named Malachai, was that this story-series presented kids as messengers of depression and visions of Utopia!"



"The Children of the Corn film series had become popular and was a hit Blu-ray purchase for Christmastime. Isaac thought that if his computer-genius pal Steve Job used the appeal of the film to create an intensive cornfield-adventure video-game designed for kids and focused on the macabre mysticism of the Halloween season, kids would think more imaginatively about why adults conceived of spiritual dangers and omens in terms of threats to democracy."




"The industry of video-games had become huge in America and fed many markets of modern consumerism. Video-game conferences and events saw numerous people gathered to witness the modern marvels of technology and computers. Kids loved video-games and would attend some of the more fancy conferences and events with their older siblings and parents who were becoming more and more entranced by this new age phenomenon."



"Hollywood celebrity Leo DiCaprio was also a fan of video-games and wanted to invest in eco-conscious video-games based on the eco-activism oriented comic book superhero Captain Planet. Leo saw Isaac and Steve Job's blog on the Internet about the development of a kids' Halloween cornfield-adventure video-game based on the Children of the Corn franchise and became interested in helping the two developers/educators see their project of creating a modern 'dioramic' arcade."



"Isaac and his young students contributed some of their doodle-art of Marvel characters for stills and silhouettes which might serve as inspiration for the video-game they were developing. Steve Job managed to obtain a lucrative contract with Konami video-games, thanks to the support of Leo DiCaprio. The doodle-art Isaac and his kids offered complemented the Halloween aura of this youth-targeted entertainment project."



"The Hobgoblin was one of Marvel's favorite villains, and Isaac and Steve Job wanted to take the general aesthetic of the avatar in the designing of the cornfield environments for the Children of the Corn video-game they were developing with Konami and DiCaprio. Hobgoblin was to be their special Golem."



"While horror-films were marketed only to adults, and the Children of the Corn was a horror-franchise, Isaac and Steve Job hoped to take some of the elements of mysticism and the notion of kids trying to construct their own Utopian islands to create more parallax thoughts about why the Halloween season, with images of macabre heroism, might appeal to kids' sense of adventurousness and imaginations about sanity and spiritualism. Was this new age 'witchcraft' for the entertainment industry?"



"Horror-cinema was huge in America, and the presentation of luminous actors and actresses in iconic horror-films represented Americans' love of scary stories, darkness imagination, and gothic scenery. The horror-film genre was a new 'castle' of society couture, and though they were cult-oriented, they boasted incredible images of gorgeous muscularity...and suspense!"



"The gala-presentation of the Children of the Corn video-game hosted by Isaac, Job, and DiCaprio took place in Seattle on Halloween 2020. The investors and fans of the movie and horror-comics were thrilled to see a kids' rendition of the iconic American horror-tales presented in a video-game format that youngsters could absorb as an intensive 'dialogic' Halloween adventure."



"Kids are no strangers to art, and the lush graphic video-game sequences paralleled Americans' appreciation of images of kids liberally using their imagination to embrace the adventure and romance and mysticism of natural environments, and this helped contribute to an overall autumn goosebumps canvas."



"The sequences in the Children of the Corn video-game presented at the Seattle gala included haunted cornfields with corn-stalks haunted by specters and goblins. The player-kids would have to wander around these virtual environments looking for signs of liberty and danger during Halloween Eve."



"There was a sequence in the video-game in which the player-kids would have to unlock a door leading to a pit of darkness in which they'd have to use memories of spiritual lessons and educational codes to free other kids trapped by an underworld entity. There was nothing too graphic, so the censors reviewing the game were not disturbed!"



"There was even a scene in which the player-kids would have to outrun a monster-tractor headed by haunted corn-heads that spoke omens! Isaac and Steve Job got lots of kudos at the gala for their creation of an authentic kids' fear-playground experience which encouraged imaginative ideas about why Halloween was linked to the harvest season...and to religion!"



"The poster-art for the Children of the Corn video-game was quite ingenious too, and it invited investors and fans of the franchise to explore why the Stephen King stories would lend themselves to new age democratic play."



"DiCaprio got kudos for networking with the right industry representatives to make this Halloween kids' gaming experience something that would bring out natural imaginations about mysticism and liberty and of course goosebumps."



"That Halloween season, Isaac had his kids dress up in representative colored costumes for trick-or-treating, while they presented the homes they visited for candy with flyers about the new Children of the Corn video-game. This was real modern idealism."



"This was the age of video-games, computers, and Facebook. That's why Isaac hoped to connect the Halloween sensibilities of the Stephen King story he was inspired by to construct a virtual growth experience for his young students. Would this be the new hallmark of American entertainment --- policy?"

====


"Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called children of God" (Matthew 5)




© 2020 Abishai100


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

20 Views
Added on March 8, 2020
Last Updated on March 8, 2020
Tags: Children's Education, Halloween, Video-Games

Author

Abishai100
Abishai100

NJ



About
Student/Minister; Hobbies: Comic Books, Culinary Arts, Music; Religion: Catholic; Education: Dartmouth College more..

Writing
Thin-Fate Thin-Fate

A Story by Abishai100