Mormon Airlines: The Virus Ark

Mormon Airlines: The Virus Ark

A Story by Abishai100
"

A creative wealthy Mormon prince decides to form a special 'ark of the sky' to help the Mormon community endure the terrible 21st Century Coronavirus depression!

"
One more love-letter to human resilience during this terrible Coronavirus pandemic, before I leave my friends/readers on WritersCafe who've provided me with so much and helped me enjoy my short-story writing experience, and this patriotic yarn was inspired by the films The Langoliers and The Grapes of Wrath!
====

"Isaac started Mormon Airlines using his inherited princely billions so his friends, family, and church friends and community kids could regularly tour the skies and seek shelter from the deadly global Coronavirus. The airplanes would help the Mormon community Isaac organized basically hide from the virus plague on Earth, so they'd be up in the air for very long periods of time, making their experience like a 'castle colony of the sky.' Isaac believed he was making a haven from this terrible 21st Century plague. He was a real knight!"



"Isaac and his first wife and adopted children loved to attend their favorite handsome Mormon church in California. That's where they befriended their Mormon friends and formed the community for Isaac's special Mormon Airlines. Mormons condone polygamous practices, so Isaac had multiple wives, but his first wife Isabel was his darling, and their two adopted children would be the feather in Isaac's cap to make a haven in the sky from the terrible Coronavirus! Isaac's wife and children considered what he was doing a great boon for the Mormon faith. They reminded Isaac that this was a spiritual mission to promote life itself!"



"Isaac formed a profitable relationship with a major Mormon businessman with ties to the airline industry. This businessman, Roger Corman, helped Isaac form Mormon Airlines and would facilitate the advertisement of this virus-survival 'mission' or 'ark' in the sky in the Mormon Magazine, a respected journal read by practitioners of the Mormon faith. This was not only spiritual creativity but it was also good modern business."



"When Mormon Airlines took off, not everyone was always happy on-board. There were goosebumps and ghost-stories during the flights, and some of the passengers claimed they simply never again wanted to land on land again and just wanted to 'hide' from the Coronavirus outbreak! However, Isaac tried to keep these voices of dissent calm, so his ark would be a sign of positive thinking and not modern antisocial escapism. He didn't want this to become a social failure because of cult-like hygiene depression...or natural paranoia."



"Was Isaac like James Bond or Brigham Young? Was he a revolutionary social agent of sociocultural life and political creativity or was he indeed some kind of religious community leader? All Isaac knew was this would promote good prestige for the Mormon community, since Mormon Airlines promoted democratic dialogue conducive to modern ideas about how social networks could be coordinated with Western daring in times of great deformity."



"The flight attendants and stewardesses and pilots (male and female!) on Mormon Airlines were vibrant attractive people. They wanted to host the symbolic flights which would become like a 'life-in-the-sky' experience, so they wanted the passengers or 'sky residents' to feel like they had possessed a virus-escape ark that Isaac built! These sky hosts/hostesses were diplomats of Western thinking and comforting beauty."



"Critics of Mormon Airlines suggested that this kind of publicized 'escapism' would only draw out dialogue about the problem of real viral deformity and the presence of antisocial villainy! These critics suggested that kids in the West would think of comic book supervillains such as Scorpion (Marvel Comics) who'd serve to remind them that Mormon Airlines was alienating those who weren't Mormon and hence made those enduring the Coronavirus on land feel like they were isolated as terrestrial bugs! They wondered if modern avatars like Scorpion only revealed Isaac's mission to be a thing of substantial dystopian proportion."



"However, the living on Mormon Airlines flights was peaceful and enjoyable. There was mid-air refueling by employed fueling jets so the planes could remain in the air for long periods of time. The cost of traveling/living in one of these virus-escape planes was quite high, but Isaac spread the cost with his immense inherited wealth so the tickets could be offered with reduced plans and group-rate packages, which was a terrific relief in this time of Coronavirus panic."



"The cuisine served on these flights was drawn from around the world and the kids and adults alike really appreciated the quality and taste of the menu items, which were both vegetarian and non-vegetarian. There were good drinks for adults and juices for younger passengers/residents. The hosts/hostesses made sure everyone was well-fed and comfortable. This sort of amenity-like approach to the 'sky ark' was vital to Isaac's mission."



"The attractive stewardesses formed girls' clubs and took time off between flights to unwind right on the airplane and enjoy drinks and companionship while Isaac coordinated the next flight! After two years of operation, while the Coronavirus continued to spread worldwide and continued to be a problem despite early predictions that it would simply 'disappear' in only 6 months, Mormon Airlines gained the reputation of being a terrific human company and ark."



"One of the lead stewardesses, Lois, a Mormon (like all the other members of this sky 'club') would roam the flights with her special technical flash-camera for photos for Mormon Magazine. Mormon Airlines became quite a modern phenomenon, but its critics suggested that this sort of 'escapist ark' gave those nervous on the land think that they were witness to some kind of eerie cultish haven in the air."



"Isaac made sure that this endeavor was safe from the threat of terrorism and anti-capitalism rhetoric. Therefore, he made colorful pro-commercial blogs about his mission casting himself as a modern community 'captain' and recruited media figures to make comments in the media favorable to notions of virus-haven design."



"All the Mormon pilots employed by Mormon Airlines were qualified and trained/certified pilots, so all the flying was safe for the passengers/residents. This was an important boon for the company and for the Mormon community!"



"There was of course modern online-WiFi amenities, so passengers/residents could continue to be 'wired' into civilization on land and keep abreast of all developments regarding the Coronavirus and world markets! In fact, no one felt like this was some kind of insane hideout. This was a creative form of life that Isaac compared to the days of American depression described in Steinbeck's iconic story The Grapes of Wrath!"



"To ensure air-security, Mormon Airlines cleared all necessary permits with air-field regulators and commissions and had the right inspectors make sure the flightpaths and passengers were clear from terrorism and not just from Coronavirus dementia. In actuality, no one wanted to see Isaac's ark collapse."



"One of Isaac's Mormon wives expressed grave doubts about the practicality of this sort of 'escape' from the land virus, but Isaac assured her that the flights would include certified medical professionals who'd tend to the hygienic and medical/clinical needs of the passengers/residents, while WiFi Internet resources would keep them connected to the world on land! Nevertheless, she remained wary that what Isaac was actually doing was creating some kind of child-like balloon."



"However, the advertisements for Mormon Airlines presented in Mormon Magazine were quite colorful and revealed the overall respect and admiration afforded to Isaac's special 'ark' of the skies by the entire Mormon community. This was actually great capitalism marketing in terms of human lifestyle. This was not unlike hippie-commune thinking promoted during Woodstock, which made it quite 'American' (and imaginative!)."



"Since Isaac made sure the Mormon community paid proper respect to all civil and federal and air-commission authorities, his mission gained a generally positive response from the global community enduring the virus on land! Since Mormon Airlines had its own medical resources in-the-air, there was less work really for doctors and hospitals on land, so Isaac ironically made things easier for those on land! There was therefore a strange air of democracy."



"The medical professionals on the Mormon Airlines (MA) flights were certified and good at patient-care and made the passengers/residents feel like this would be an experience that would help them think quite favorably about the way humanity would endure a real Apocalypse-like trauma like the 21st Century global Coronavirus outbreak. These doctors/caregivers checked to see if the passengers/residents had appropriate nutrition, oxygenation, temperature-control, posture maintenance, vitamin-and-medicine intake, and appropriate attention in case anyone was infected. This was therefore an impressive diary in the sky."



"The Coronavirus was nothing less than a blanket of substantive fear across the world! It reminded people that no modern luxury such as consumerism/capitalism conveniences such as Amazon or WalMart guaranteed perfect sanctity from the threat of unpredictable calamity. This was a rapture of sorts, so Isaac's Mormon Airlines would have to remind people of the way human beings, regardless of religious preference, liked to escape depression with doses of design and good old fashioned campfire dimension."



"There were of course people on the land who cheered on Isaac's Mormon Airlines, such as the Irish-American community in the United States! These cheering parades reminded the American people that this Coronavirus trauma would not conquer the basic human will to endure terrible times of strange darkness!"



"A comic book publisher decided to advertise and promote Mormon Airlines by casting Isaac as the inspirational figure for a new series of stories about the iconic Asian lawyer-warrior Phoenix Wright. These popular Coronavirus-survival stories inspired a video-game designer to then make an Apocalypse Virus video-game in which Isaac was cast again as the inspiration for Phoenix Wright. Suddenly, it was as if avatar-thinking was creating human survival dogma."



"Isaac did indeed hope such lifestyle imagination would promote positive perspectives on consumerism and life on Earth. This was great capitalism and even better dialogue!"



"Of course, Isaac continued to make his democratic rherotic blogs casting himself as a religious community 'captain' and proposing ways to make this kind of creative lifestyle-promoting virus-time survival a natural way of celebrating human diarism. Isaac considered himself a priest rather than a radical or hermit. What was he really?"



"As the good people on Earth continued to seek shelter and fight the Coronavirus outbreak as it reached its nearly-unbearable 3rd year, Mormon Airlines continued to stand out as the 'Hindenburg that Would Not Crash' (or at least that's what TIME magazine called it!). America would remember this experience as a time of substantial dreams. That's good history."



"Isaac decided to keep a journal of the entire experience and see what future historians would make of his ark of the sky. How would they talk about the work of the Mormon community in promoting virus-survival imagination? The Mormon Church had had its share of eccentricity gossip in the media, but Mormon Airlines was certainly worthy of special destiny diarism."



"A Hollywood movie producer decided to make a creative new movie about Mormon Airlines once the Coronavirus subsided, but everyone waited to see when that sort of perfect escape would actually happen! Once it did, Isaac's ark of the sky would certainly be the subject of more than a few creative American society drama discussions!"



ISAAC: I just hope we endure this horrible experience and think about why capitalism can ironically be used to promote modern-day diction. That's what I want for my friends and family of the Mormon faith, which has proven to be invaluable to me...and hopefully to America!

====

© 2020 Abishai100


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

you put a lot of work and talent in this great write

Posted 4 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

26 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on March 20, 2020
Last Updated on March 20, 2020
Tags: Virus, Airlines, Fable

Author

Abishai100
Abishai100

NJ



About
Student/Minister; Hobbies: Comic Books, Culinary Arts, Music; Religion: Catholic; Education: Dartmouth College more..

Writing