Obsidian: The Quarantine Diet

Obsidian: The Quarantine Diet

A Story by Abishai100
"

Two figures in modern media during the Coronavirus quarantine work differently in American society to promote real dreams!

"
One last media-and-culture prayer vignette about Coroanvirus quarantine-time hope, and this last one (I promise!) was inspired by the film Hackers. Thanks so much for reading (signing off),
++++
====

Isaac was a modern-day prince who blogged on the Internet during the Coronavirus global quarantine and talked about the value of social communication and media in a time of great human bonding and teamwork during crisis. He considered himself a media knight.



Isaac's girlfriend, a Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Issue model was beached because of the quarantine and started dating Isaac when she discovered his charm and the fact that he was a very wealthy prince from Algeria. She supported his online social work in America.



Isaac's rival was a movie producer named Leo who wanted to use the quarantine in America to promote the movie industry.



Leo's own girlfriend was a fashion model who Leo advertised as an upcoming movie star and wanted to use as a spokeswoman for his new campaign to promote Netflix.



Isaac used the comic book superhero Green Lantern in his blogs about the importance of networking and teamwork and resource sharing during the Coronavirus quarantine. Green Lantern became Isaac's special avatar for his online missionary work.



Leo meanwhile was using the devilish comic book supervillain Hobgoblin to talk about the special role of entertainment and art in the time of the global Coronavirus quarantine. Leo compared himself to the villain Hobgoblin, a mutated freak who was once a great fashion industry mogul named Roderick. Leo was to Roderick what Lantern was to Isaac --- an avatar for network work during the quarantine.



Isaac and Leo however shared a common vision --- the construction of a great eco-friendly half-organic super-city in the future which would be a testament to the lessons learned from the mistakes of the past made by human civilization.



Since Isaac and Leo were both involved in computers and media, they were invested in new networking technologies and took an avid investor interest in Apple Computers.



Isaac stayed true to his roots and created blogs about radical social work and eco-activism during the Coronavirus quarantine and sometimes cited media figures who were equally interested in new age forms of civilization sanitation.



Leo meanwhile was focused on using the quarantine to market exciting cinema and spread ideas about how art and daydreams represented mankind's way to defy the depression created by times of quarantine and crisis. Leo was sort of Isaac's counterpart during this great American quarantine drama.



Leo was busy marketing a savvy new comic book film featuring a host of iconic superheroes/heroines such as Wonder Woman and Superman. Leo wanted American consumers to have convenient access to such movies on Netflix and promote the idea of consumerism through modern technology for the comforts of indoor life.



Isaac and Leo both shared a special child-like obsession with Obsidian black mineral rocks, since these rocks represented a special human imagination about the strength and mysticism of perceptible glory. Obsidian was, after all, a tangible vision of pure earthly daylight.



Isaac and Leo also shared a passion for Highlander comics, a special franchise focusing on fantastic time-travel adventure tales of incredible displaced swordsmen placed into modern America and confronting each other as rogues, mercenaries, pirates, warlords, buccaneers, and deacons. Highlander comics captured all the human fascination with survival and Earth destiny that was exemplified during the great Coronavirus quarantine tribulation. Isaac and Leo both considered Highlander comics a new age testament to man's sense of natural divinity.



Isaac and Leo found a special magical green rose and used it both to talk about the mysticism of earthly beauty in the media and why modern day Americans might think of flora and fauna as special sacred signs of penmanship during the Coronavirus quarantine.



Isaac and Leo also loved video-games and liked the pairing of the martial-arts hero Ryu with the underworld ghoulish specter Blanka in Street Fighter games to glorify the role of courage in times of quarantine to inspire imaginations about pure evolution.



Isaac and Leo were both drawn to the super-celebs Tom Hanks and Tom Cruise who found both their online/media work quite symbolic of quarantine-time tribulation. Hanks and Cruise were preparing to give an online media webinar at M.I.T. about the magic of dialogue in times of quarantine and wondered if they should invite Isaac and Leo to the online event.



The Coronavirus quarantine really did draw a lot of important attention and fanfare towards the power and prestige and mystique of media and computers and society itself. This was an ironic fortune found during tribulation.



As Leo continued to market iconic expressive films on Netflix, Isaac talked about the role of radical activism in times of great human tunes on the Internet.



Isaac presented his colorful kid-friendly doodle of Marvel Comics' Green Goblin on a special Internet blog about encouraging kids to stay at home and draw during the quarantine while schools were closed. Isaac was devoted to the metaphysics of indoor life and educational dioramas in America.



Would the Coronavirus quarantine tribulation create imaginations about sanity...or fears about terrorism?



ISAAC: Maybe the Ivy League can promote American dreams!
LEO: Maybe Seton Hall can remind Americans of the appeal of dollars!

====

"Money is everything" (Ecclesiastes)

© 2020 Abishai100


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

you are certainly creative

Posted 3 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

23 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on May 1, 2020
Last Updated on May 1, 2020
Tags: Coronavirus, Fable

Author

Abishai100
Abishai100

NJ



About
Student/Minister; Hobbies: Comic Books, Culinary Arts, Music; Religion: Catholic; Education: Dartmouth College more..

Writing