Castlevania: Cam's American Text

Castlevania: Cam's American Text

A Story by Abishai100
"

A popular American athlete decides to immerse himself in the modern world of video-game IQ and learns about a complex labyrinth involving cyber-terrorism!

"
This is one last anti-terrorism vignette I felt the overwhelming need to write and share, and it references the iconic Castlevania video-game franchise and was inspired by the film Spy Game. Thanks for reading (signing off),
====

Cam Newton had become a celebrated American professional football player (NFL) but failed to capture a Super Bowl trophy. He decided to divert his energy and invest in the consumer market of video-games. Cam was interested in the colorful Castlevania video-game franchise and how it represented a modern fascination with social design. Cam started learning about modern media and video-game platforms and the developers lauded for the Castlevania empire in America.



Now, video-games were obviously very popular in the West and especially in America. Microsoft's Xbox had given a new face to the mass consumerism of 21st Century video-games. There were video-games of just about everything and not excluding war games like Call of Duty and fantasy-adventure comics-stylized game franchises such as Castlevania! Cam decided to become immersed in this world of cyber-play and became an athlete spokesmen for various Xbox conferences and gaming events in America.



Cam's girlfriend Diane was a popular fashion-model, so he asked her to do some part-time modeling for some Xbox media campaigns designed to promote more consumerism interest in new age games developed exclusively for the Xbox or well-suited for the Xbox's graphics-interface. Diane agreed, and Bill Gates of Microsoft co-endorsed this new media marketing with Cam who became his new pal. This was cool media marketing in America, and Cam was happy Diane was an integral marketing model for the venture. Capitalism could, after all, be folk.



Cam met a strange venture capitalist at an Xbox gaming symposia online named Hector Hammond, who seemed rather interested in configuring video-game markets for the NSA and determining how to create anti-virus grids designed to keep terrorist-hackers out of American Internet activity and nets. Hammond was a pure genius, but Cam had an eerie suspicion that his somewhat strange man had some secret hidden motive he wasn't sharing. Was Hammond actually trying to work with terrorists and hackers?



Hammond invited Cam to his palace in California for a weekend of Othello board-game play. This fun and inventive game involved moving and flipping black-and-white pieces on a grid board to create alternating territory-capturing or space-controlling rows and columns of piece-swallowing arrays. It was like checkers but in frozen time and more strategic. Cam loved the game and played with Hector for hours, and afterwards Hector explained Othello was a game that taught everyone the basic intellectual value of networks.



Hector Hammond then showed Cam his new initiative to make the Castlevania video-game franchise a hallmark of the Xbox platform, since the fantasy-adventure games involved vampires and epic kingdoms in pensive colors and therefore represented a youthful imagination about Wanderlust. Hector explained he wished to make Castlevania a Microsoft phenomenon so as to encourage young consumers to ponder how video-games symbolized pure democracy!



Cam became obsessed with these Castlevania games. He played for hours at his house on his glorified new Xbox his pal Gates gave him for his birthday. Cam played many versions, editions, and sequel-games in the Castlevania franchise, by himself or on online Xbox tournaments. He also began blogging about how Hector Hammond intended to champion these games as modern trophies of video-game drama.



Castlevania was quite popular in the 1980s and 1990s but waned in consumer value and gave way to other fantasy games such as the iconic Final Fantasy series and even Soul Caliber. However, Castlevania remained a symbol of why and how video-games would always represent youthful daydreams. Cam continued to market these games in the media with Diane and Bill Gates for the Xbox platform on the Internet. It was quite cool. 



The main protagonist in these games is required to venture through kingdoms and lands and defeat powerful warlocks, devils, gargoyles, sorceresses, and of course vampires and maybe even Dracula himself. Cam found this sort of fantasy-adventure experience in video-games arguably as exciting as his teamwork coordination experiences with the Carolina Panthers in the NFL. After all, these games required excellent hand-eye coordination and terrific wits.



Cam asked Hector Hammond what he thought about the violent quality of these new age graphic video-games, and Hector eerily and coldly replied that these violent war-games would forever symbolize a new consciousness regarding the advancement of military technologies and network oriented globalization intellect. That's why many of these graphic games were war-games and reminded people of the tremendous importance of real-life political wars. Cam was shocked at Hector's disarming passion towards this kind of media discussion!



Hector was even friends with celebrities Tom Cruise and Harrison Ford who were helping him market a new series of war-games about the troubles between the IRA and British military in Northern Ireland. These war-games were meant to raise social awareness of the real social problems involved with modern European troubles and globalized politics. Cam realized Hector Hammond was a tremendous media and network player with outstanding destiny friends.



When Cam visited Hector's palace and found him playing a prototype game of an IRA-Parliament street-war game called Green Fire and modeled loosely after the popular video-game Call of Duty: Black Ops, Cam realized Hector took video-games very very seriously. It was at this game session however that Cam heard Hector casually and humorously blurt out the truth that the was perhaps linked to some terrorist programs involving cyber-hacking and ISIS. Cam was shocked but kept quiet and continued to watch Hector Hammond play Green Fire with his new associates at his palace in California.



Cam decided to make call to the CIA and explained to them that he believed Hector Hammond was somehow linked to some cyber-hacking initiatives on American soil linked to the anti-American ISIS. Cam told the CIA this, and the CIA explained they'd been following Hector Hammond loosely for several years and were curious to discover why the genius billionaire was investing in Spanish club-soccer teams like Real Madrid and Valencia. Was Hector tied to some underground ISIS cells in Europe hiding behind Spanish soccer investment clubs? Soccer had of course become a very popular video-game sport in the West and especially among college students in the USA!



CAM: I don't know what the hell Hector Hammond is really up to, but all I want to do is continue to glorify democratic capitalism with my Castlevania investments with Microsoft and Gates. Hopefully, the positive forces of commerce will prevail of the lingering darkness of cyber-hacking and new age terrorism.

====


"Money is everything" (Ecclesiastes)

© 2020 Abishai100


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

This is much better than your "Icarus" story, but it is still very poorly written. The way you write about capitalism and terrorism and all that linked with videogames and the random appearance of non-related characters is unpleasant.
You managed to write something coherent this time, but it is still really bad. You've come a long way, though, and if you keep going you might find yourself in a better place at some point in the future.
If you want to improve more quickly I recommend you read the classics. I'm talking about The Odyssey, Victor Hugo, Dumas, Dostoievski, Charles Dickens, etc. By reading from the best you can get closer to being one of the best.
I hope I helped and if not you can just pretend I never even came here.

Posted 3 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

36 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on May 28, 2020
Last Updated on May 28, 2020
Tags: Video-Games, Terrorism

Author

Abishai100
Abishai100

NJ



About
Student/Minister; Hobbies: Comic Books, Culinary Arts, Music; Religion: Catholic; Education: Dartmouth College more..

Writing
Thin-Fate Thin-Fate

A Story by Abishai100