The Keeper

The Keeper

A Story by Abishai100
"

Two brothers in the modern IRA must resolve a personal matter to come to the grave concern of Protestant-Catholic danger in the United Kindgom.

"
One last Irish politics/media vignette, inspired by the film Patriot Games. Signing off,
====

As the new millennium on Earth embraced a networking tech and globalization aesthetic, catering to new kinds of society avatars and folklore, youngsters embraced futuristic media and entertainment catering to the sleekness of traffic harmony.



However, all was not well in Paradise. Despite the explosion of capitalism and globalization rhetoric, lingering problems with Israel-Palestine in the Middle East and Protestant-Catholic divisions in Northern Ireland kept the stained memory of inter-religious wars and conflict and inequalities and mistrust.



Of particular concern was the Protestant-Catholic rift in Northern Ireland. British Protestants had settled in Ireland and Northern Ireland as colonists for centuries but endured various forms of inventive and even dangerous Irish Catholic rebellion. The Irish Catholic minority simply felt like they were socioculturally too disparate from British Protestants to live alongside each other with governmental inequalities. The Irish Republican Army (IRA) was formed as a guerrilla-outfit to create mote civil rights and employment equity between Protestants and Catholics in Northern Ireland. As Protestant-Catholic relations continued to be strained in the United Kingdom (UK), the deepening worries of rogue fanatical 'criminal' IRA terrorists and unwarranted British police brutality created the overall sense of an irresolvable division between Protestants and Catholics in the modern world!



The division between Protestants and Catholics is no joke. These two denominations comprise the major sects of modern Christianity, and mistrust and incompatibility between the two religious orders signals a major issue for Western civilization! Two IRA brothers, Sean and Thomas Collins, were on opposite sides of the modern spectrum/struggle in Northern Ireland. Sean was more moderate, favoring Sinn Fein (the legal and political 'wing' of the IRA and its various factions) processes, while Thomas considered himself to be a radical IRA sentinel, carrying out bomb-attacks on all kinds of targets in Northern Ireland. Sean was an armed militant as well, striking at British military helicopters in Belfast and British police barracks in Northern Ireland, but he didn't cater to the radical sentiment of striking at all kinds of civilian targets in Ireland and England. Sean and Thomas were therefore like 'night and day' as twin-brothers and 'knights' of this modern IRA dilemma. However, both Sean and Thomas agreed that neglecting the Protestant-Catholic rift in Northern Ireland created by economic and employment inequalities in community life in the modern world and catering more to Israel-Palestine woes between Jews and Muslims would lead to glaring problems in the Christian church. These brothers had lots to think about in the 21st Century!



Sean and Thomas Collins continued nevertheless to work together to bring to the world attention the serious division within the Christian church and between Protestants and Catholics in Northern Ireland! These two IRA brothers decided to work very differently and differently towards Sinn Fein, but both believe in the future promise of peaceful coexistence of Protestants and Catholics in the United Kingdom!



Sean and Thomas traveled to the USA together to find Republican sympathizers who'd donate money so the IRA could purchase more black market munitions (anti-helicopter missile-guns) and resources in the underground. During their finance mission, they both met a gorgeous Irish-American actress and media figure named Ali McGraw who was stunning blonde bombshell. They both fell in love with her, and she made love to both of them, but neither knew of it. When this terrible love-triangle was exposed, the brothers were heartbroken and furious and blamed each other for an unwanted IRA betrayal in America caused by an overly-emotional love-triangle. They departed America with money and guns and clothing and bid Ali farewell, promising never again to return to create more undesirable complication. Ali had no choice but to say goodbye and returned to her Irish-American life of media entertainment in safe and comfortably peaceful America.



Now, rifts between siblings in the IRA was a not a new story. There had been process and method disagreements among the factions of the IRA and various Irish Catholic rebel groups for ages! However, Sean and Thomas Collins took a serious look at the ramifications of catering to their threeway love-betrayal involving the beautiful Irish-American actress Ali McGraw. They realized this rift between them as brothers would deepen the already complicated disagreement they shared regarding Sinn Fein moderation with modern terrorism and Protestant-Catholic peace. They took a look at old photos of historic brothers who were members/soldiers of the IRA over the years and began to lament.



SEAN: This division between us evil, brother.
THOMAS: It's worse than the Protestant-Catholic rift!
SEAN: Well, we have to come to peace about Ali McGraw.
THOMAS: Indeed, brother!
SEAN: Disagreements between brothers is common in our struggle.
THOMAS: Everyone cares about Israel-Palestine, but not about the United Kingdom!
SEAN: They're simply more interested in Judaism-Islam, brother.
THOMAS: Well, we must understand this 'dragon' between us now, Sean.
SEAN: Yes, I agree.
THOMAS: What is this 'green dragon' of envy, brother?
SEAN: The great and dark Green Dragon symbolizes the presence of misfortune.
THOMAS: Misfortune, brother?
SEAN: The perception of chance and fate creates feelings of dangerous ambition.
THOMAS: So this ambition is tempered by natural frail human emotions, then.
SEAN: Indeed; we must deal with this frailty with great care and meditation!
THOMAS: What about terrorism?
SEAN: We have to treat terrorism and police brutality just as we treat religion.
THOMAS: Protestants and Catholics must find ways to live, work, and play together!
SEAN: We have to keep arguing our case to Parliament and drawing attention.
THOMAS: Yes, we can't let Israel-Palestine 'steal' the show.
SEAN: We'll tell Ali McGraw we're simply overwhelmed by the passions of our conditions.
THOMAS: She'll understand!
SEAN: We can't allow the great Green Dragon to create all manner of social depression!
THOMAS: Cool.



Even though the rebellious 'face' of the Irish struggle gave this Protestant-Catholic rift a special 'color' in the eyes of globalization advocates, freedom 'struggles' with 'color' abounded throughout human history, including the Indian struggle for independence from the British Empire which resulted in the 'Amritsar Massacre' of numerous peaceful Hindu Indian Sikh protesters at a religious site. However, the Amritsar tragedy was still not as 'grave' as the Protestant-Catholic deformity in Northern Ireland and what it would mean for globalization literature.



The Irish Catholic minority in Northern Ireland didn't want to live as separate secondary citizens in the UK and therefore gave various degrees of sympathy for the new attitudes espoused by the incendiary IRA, which nevertheless maintained its ongoing ties to the moderate and political organization Sinn Fein. Protestants and Catholics simply had to find ways to live together and create more society designs in the media and even in the deliberation of sociopolitical debates!



GREEN SHADOW (Special Sentinel of the Provisional Irish Republican Army): As long as Protestant-Catholic problems arise in the world, the Christian church will never be considered refined, designed, or conditioned!



Meanwhile, negotiations between Sinn Fein and British Parliament continued to proceed peacefully and in a sane fashion. The young handsome royal couple, Prince William and Kate, continued to serve as diplomats of governance and society while the Parliament deliberated about media spotlights on the Protestant-Catholic darkness!



Creative characterizations of the iconic Easter Rising of 1916 haunted both Sean and Thomas Collins who continued to wonder what would've ensued had they not engaged in their child-like threeway triangle with Irish-American actress Ali McGraw. Basically, this Protestant-Catholic deformity in Europe was really a thing of modern depression.



GREEN SHADOW: To cure the problem of inter-religious darkness, we have to find ways to bring Protestants and Catholics together in the United Kingdom to facilitate new forms of social drama and storytelling!



GREEN SHADOW: The problem of the Protestant-Catholic rift may seem one-sided, but in most cases, the world might see its tragically global proportions and its negative impact on the Christian church itself, on Christianity itself. We don't want an endless drought between Protestants and Catholics in the United Kingdom so storytellers can keep talking about the Irish curse of failed beauty.



BILL CLINTON: The Northern Ireland problem is an American problem too.
JOHN F. KENNEDY: Protestants and Catholics should find ways to celebrate life together!
DONALD TRUMP: Capitalism can create highways of diplomacy, even in Northern Ireland.
SEAN/THOMAS COLLINS: We will not crash to the curse of the Green Dragon!

====


"Money is everything" (Ecclesiastes)


© 2020 Abishai100


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

17 Views
Added on June 15, 2020
Last Updated on June 15, 2020
Tags: Irish Politics, Globalization, Religion

Author

Abishai100
Abishai100

NJ



About
Student/Minister; Hobbies: Comic Books, Culinary Arts, Music; Religion: Catholic; Education: Dartmouth College more..

Writing