Magneto/Phoenix: Moonraker

Magneto/Phoenix: Moonraker

A Story by Abishai100
"

This odd story recounts the engagement between magnetism-master Magneto and ace-attorney Phoenix Wright on a moon mission involving eco-daylight!

"
Alright, one last vignette, politically conscious since my others were too neutral, as some have suggested, and this story, inspired by the film K-PAX, references the two iconic folk-comic characters Magneto (magnetism master) and Phoenix Wright (wily expert attorney)
What is it about general Dianetics that we find so darn fascinating?


----



====

Magneto traveled to Earth's moon to look at the electromagnetic radiation spectrum created by global warming and nuclear and toxic waste and measure how Earth's visibility was transforming because of environmental changes. Magneto discovered when he got to Earth's marvelous moon that the ace company human attorney Phoenix Wright was already there, arrived on a NASA shuttle and developing a special Earth-environment analysis station in a giant bio-dome which may someday house a human colony of Americans. Magneto, the supreme mutant superhuman and master of magnetism and magnetic fields and field manipulation, wanted to interrogate and debate with the human lawyer Phoenix Wright and determine if the work the attorney was doing for human civilization was in line with democratic rhetoric. Phoenix was reputed already for negotiating a strong eco-contract between Sinn Fein and Parliament in the United Kingdom regarding improved socioeconomic conditions created by new eco-conscious factory jobs in Belfast (Northern Ireland) between the Irish Catholic minority and British Protestant majority. This was to be a key discussion between these two iconic Earth individuals!

MAGNETO: This ice-station analysis center on the moon is impressive.
PHOENIX: Thanks, Magneto!
MAGNETO: Why're you so curious about bio-dome relevant Earth analysis?
PHOENIX: We're measuring time-variables regarding urgency to escape our planet!
MAGNETO: You mean you're assessing corrosion of Earth atmosphere and moon capacity?
PHOENIX: Precisely; if the Earth becomes too grey, the moon can serve as an observing haven!
MAGNETO: Well, why not another planet instead of Earth's moon for cliched escape, Phoenix?
PHOENIX: This moon-base eco-environment analysis mission will inspire Earthlings to forge reform.
MAGNETO: So?
PHOENIX: If moon-life study encourages Earth reform, there'll be more focus on non-escape!
MAGNETO: You mean, people on Earth look up at the moon at night and feel awe and humility?
PHOENIX: Right; so if Earthlings know moonlings are studying eco-patterns, more diligence will arise!
MAGNETO: In other words, create a lab on the moon so there's less gumption to destroy the Earth?
PHOENIX: The less gumption there is, the less need there will be to escape far away from our planet!
MAGNETO: Well, let's hope this moon escape lab is the last space-body necessary for distanced learning.
PHOENIX: Right.
MAGNETO: Impressive; so why didn't you tell Americans in the media about this mission?
PHOENIX: This is really a legal matter involving American capital and worldly secrecy.
MAGNETO: When do you intend to release this information to the press, Phoenix?
PHOENIX: We'll tell everyone once we obtain the great results we seek, Magneto!
MAGNETO: I worry that such secrecy may only create more paranoia.
PHOENIX: You mean you worry that we're taking too long to tell America about this mission?
MAGNETO: Exactly.
PHOENIX: Well, Rome wasn't built in a day, you know.
MAGNETO: Right, but this level of secrecy seems dangerously alien.
PHOENIX: I understand your concern, but this level of reform-work requires legal protections.
MAGNETO: So to protect long-term securities, we create short-term legalese?
PHOENIX: Right-o!
MAGNETO: I see; I wonder how much legalese you were tinkering in Belfast.
PHOENIX: My work in Northern Ireland for the United Kingdom was for capital and lifestyle.
MAGNETO: I wonder how much American legalese expertise friskies promotes terrorism!
PHOENIX: I know you're right about natural paranoia arising from legalese labyrinths, Magneto.
MAGNETO: And?
PHOENIX: Well, and we work with such fears to create walls of bureaucratic intelligence!
MAGNETO: Intelligence?
PHOENIX: You're a super-human who can manipulate magnetism itself.
MAGNETO: So?
PHOENIX: I'm an attorney on Earth working with bureaucracy itself to mold human diaries!
MAGNETO: Perhaps we'll agree about many things someday, my odd but smart friend.
PHOENIX: Cool!

After this wonderful interaction between Magneto and Phoenix Wright the ace-attorney on Earth's moon, the two iconic individuals concluded that improving conditions and consciousness on Earth required a fair deal of work, play, imagination, revolution, tinkering, engineering, science, money, and of course, good humor! The two individuals would continue to engage in various discussions pertinent to improved life on our planet, and Magneto would come to respect Phoenix's sense of legal diligence, while Phoenix himself would develop a deep appreciation of the mutant Magneto's sense of strong work-diagrams. In other words, Earth had two dialogic friends in Magneto and Phoenix Wright. Perhaps greater days were ahead for a planet and species enduring deep levels of real depression.

====


"Money is everything" (Ecclesiastes)




{Magneto & Phoenix Wright}


© 2020 Abishai100


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

20 Views
Added on July 23, 2020
Last Updated on July 23, 2020
Tags: Earth, Fan-Fiction, Comics

Author

Abishai100
Abishai100

NJ



About
Student/Minister; Hobbies: Comic Books, Culinary Arts, Music; Religion: Catholic; Education: Dartmouth College more..

Writing