Shiva/Saraswati: A Civilization Digit

Shiva/Saraswati: A Civilization Digit

A Story by Abishai100
"

The god Shiva and the goddess Saraswati initiate a beneficial relationship, working together on Earth daydreams and creating strange modern diaries!

"
One more post-retirement story, and this one represents my longtime interests in mythology and references the avatars Shiva (Hindu god of destruction) and Saraswati (Hindu goddess of wisdom) and touches upon the respected science institution the Salk Institute (California), a symbol of modernism imagination. This vignette was inspired by the film Gattaca (Ethan Hawke). Thanks so much for reading (and enjoy!),
----




====

Lord Shiva, master of destruction, was meditating on his mountaintop in the Himalayas in Nepal (Asia) when he began thinking about the ethical use of science and history in modern human civilization. Shiva began thinking about the mistakes in science and history in humanity's past, including Eugenics and World War II and Watergate and illegal performance-enhancing steroids use. Shiva was thinking about the contours of macro-ethics while deriving a universal set of standards for the modification and governance of Earth politics, so human beings could better embrace the sheer complexity of social consciousness. Shiva was meditating all by himself and ironically started to feel lonely and was wondering if he had a friend (or a girlfriend!) with whom he might share his heavy mental daydreams.



Shiva was primarily concerned with the political use and methodological marketing of the Salk Institute in California. This prestigious science research institution, named after Polio vaccine doctor Jonas Salk, houses many luminous and esteemed human civilization scientists engaging in all kinds of pioneering modernism-relevant social and biological research. The Salk Institute stands as a testament to humanity's cultural and intellectual investments in methodological laboratory research and therefore represents a social standard for human intelligence (and imagination!). That's why Shiva, master of destruction, considered why upholding the sanctity of the respected Salk Institute would reflect his current meditations on the contours and complexity of civilization dogma. The Salk Institute stands also as a totem of great infrastructural daydreams.



SHIVA: My fair goddess, you meditate often lyrically about human wisdom and learning!
SARASWATI: Why have you come to me privately, Lord Shiva, when you already have two wives?
SHIVA: I know I'm officially betrothed to the authoritative goddesses Durga and Kali, but I like you!
SARASWATI: You like me?
SHIVA: Yes, Goddess Saraswati, you have a certain loveliness when it comes to peaceful meditation.
SARASWATI: Have you been heavily meditating lately?
SHIVA: Indeed, I have, and such heaviness has made me feel quite lonely, my fair goddess.
SARASWATI: Who told you that you couldn't reach out to your wives Durga and Kali for comfort?
SHIVA: No one told me that, but I find your sense of peaceful contemplation very charming!
SARASWATI: How'd you surmise I was more appealing to your brand of meditation?
SHIVA: I considered your posture with your enchanting sitar and thought about my loneliness!
SARASWATI: Your goddess wives Durga and Kali simply couldn't entreat you with their arms?
SHIVA: My two authoritative goddess wives Durga and Kali are often too busy with their own politics.
SARASWATI: So, you believe my peaceful meditation leaves much room for, say, dialogue and conversation?
SHIVA: It seems to me that your sense of gracious deliberation leaves some hospitable room for teamwork!
SARASWATI: You want to become my team-mate?
SHIVA: I suppose the heaviness of my meditations leads me to seek an ally for my political analyses!
SARASWATI: Well, what have you been analyzing, Shiva?
SHIVA: I've been looking at the contours of humanity's political and scientific errors.
SARASWATI: In terms of what?
SHIVA: I've been thinking about errors of the past such as Eugenics and Watergate and the weight of America.
SARASWATI: America?
SHIVA: Yes, America is humanity's official political Big Brother and hosts the esteemed Salk Institute (California).
SARASWATI: The Salk Institute is a proud institution representing great human and social imagination!
SHIVA: Your sense of brevity and honesty is direct and refreshing, and I think we can become great friends.
SARASWATI: What would you like to work on together?
SHIVA: I propose we work on a Salk intervention scheme, and I propose we start a secret endearing relationship!
SARASWATI: Give me time to consider both your proposals, Lord Shiva!
SHIVA: Of course; I leave you to think this over, and I'm again charmed by your aura of delight.



Shiva and Saraswati began working on various human civilization relevant subjects, especially Salk Institute research marketing in the Western world and the applications of politically symbolic items and imagination geared items such as Aer Lingus (Ireland airline) construction toys that represent a focus on socialization of governance ideas. They related these items and even toys to the functionalism behind the marketing of Salk research in America and Western civilization and how such research and marketing were imprinted onto the very soul of humanity! In other words, Shiva and his new 'girlfriend' Saraswati were now weighing the density of humanity's objects and toys that represented a focus on the management of basic social dogma. This was democratic work. It made Shiva and Saraswati more...delighted.



Shiva decided to transform himself into a human athlete, a World Cup soccer star from Portugal named Diego Costa who would flourish on the world stage in a very important international match with Germany. As Portugal gave Germany a fierce soccer game on the world stage, Shiva ('Diego Costa') stood out as some kind of streaking diplomat of civilization imagination, coordinating social fitness and athletic play with politically relevant ideas about the forgiveness of sins. After all, sports encouraged peace, and everyone wanted to forget about Germany's involvement in the Holocaust during World War II. Shiva ('Diego Costa') therefore emerged as a prominent athletic diplomat on Earth!



Meanwhile, Saraswati transformed herself into a shimmering Western actress who began to work on a film project about the value of Eugenics contemplation. This film a sequel to the Ethan Hawke film Gattaca, simply titled Gattaca II, would explore how humanity's focus on the layers of scientific controversy contributed to levels of sheer social paranoia. This film would earn Saraswati, now working under the actress pseudonym Anisha Roy after transforming herself, like her new 'boyfriend' Shiva, into a human woman, an Oscar thespian nomination. Saraswati ('Anisha Roy') realized humanity deliberation and creativity required a fair deal of dogma and was delighted with her sense of newfound daydreams!



When Shiva and Saraswati returned to the heavens, they congratulated each other for their missionary work on Earth regarding the contours of modern political and scientific and cultural complexity. They'd both fallen in love with the depth of human imagination and perhaps with each other! Shiva had finally found the right soul counterpart for his deep worries and discovered a real girl-friend who'd offer him great emotional boons and spiritual delights regarding the enchantment behind deus-ex-machina (divine intervention!). Saraswati decided she'd found a really nice 'daydreaming' boyfriend for serious diaries. This was a positive fairy-tale in the heavens and therefore delightful news for human civilization!



SHIVA: I yearn to see humanity find roads to valuable economics!
SARASWATI: Perhaps together we'll build more ornamented forms of social daylight.



If you like this fairy-tale about the Hindu god Shiva and the goddess Saraswati, consider what kinds of mythology and storytelling comfort you in times of great civilization distress on Earth, such as Coronavirus-dilemmas, world war paranoia, and even vanities!

====


"Money is everything" (Ecclesiastes)

© 2020 Abishai100


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

This was entertaining. though you may want to be wary of "cultural appropriation" on this. Some groups can be sensitive about outsiders using their gods as characters. Since Hinduism is an active religion in today's world, I recommend consulting with a Hindu person about this work to make sure you've done an acceptable portrayal.

Posted 3 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Thanks for the insightful comment/interest/readership,

Incidentally, I'd consulted somewhat with a Hindu-advocate/peer on Religion Forums and (incidentally!), we talked about the 'folk' use of mythology avatars in a more 'comic-book' oriented story-setting and we (minorly) agreed that with attention to details concerning a 'pedestrian' accessible imagination of the use of folk-mythology avatars in 'cartoon' like settings of 'fable' story, you can adapt these characters for social inventiveness/ideas, as long as you refrain from 'explicitly' soliciting the background/foundations of the avatars (e.g., religion/culture) as somehow 'superior' to other forms of characterization, which I hope I tried to do here.

Nevertheless, I'll stay abreast on what you commented, and I'm glad you liked the story itself...

Thanks again,

A

Posted 1 Year Ago


This was entertaining. though you may want to be wary of "cultural appropriation" on this. Some groups can be sensitive about outsiders using their gods as characters. Since Hinduism is an active religion in today's world, I recommend consulting with a Hindu person about this work to make sure you've done an acceptable portrayal.

Posted 3 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

35 Views
2 Reviews
Added on September 21, 2020
Last Updated on September 21, 2020
Tags: Mythology, Civilization, Hinduism, Salk Institute

Author

Abishai100
Abishai100

NJ



About
Student/Minister; Hobbies: Comic Books, Culinary Arts, Music; Religion: Catholic; Education: Dartmouth College more..

Writing