The Ivy Stars: Fencing Glory

The Ivy Stars: Fencing Glory

A Story by Abishai100
"

Two Ivy League champions compete in the NCAA men's fencing championship, and both intend to bring the glorious trophy home to their respective American schools.

"
Too many heist stories, so here's something more much more classy, and it's something I enjoyed participating in during my college years, so I really hope you read this last one and find it...dioramic. Thanks so much, 
----
====

The NCAA men's fencing championship was approaching. The two rival teams expected to reach the finals this year were the two Ivy League teams from Dartmouth College and Yale University. Dartmouth was led by incredible Isaac Satan, a junior-year student, while Yale was led by outstanding senior-year student Thomas Hewitt. The stage was set for this very classy and finesse-driven collegiate sport.



ISAAC SATAN: "I love attending Dartmouth College, because it's an idyllic Ivy League school, and the students and faculty are first-rate, and the campus is simply amazing, and I intend to shine at the fencing championships and bring the trophy home for my great American school this year."



The Dartmouth men's fencing team prepared and trained with the co-ed fencing club as the championship approached. Isaac Satan made sure nothing was distracting him, so he could focus on the goal of presenting his best foot and face at the final match against Thomas Hewitt, his certain opponent. The Dartmouth men's fencing facilities were more than adequate to provide Isaac with the necessary confidence and cool.



THOMAS HEWITT: "A lot of people expect Isaac Satan to win, especially since he's an upstart junior-year student and hence one year my junior, but I've been honing my skills, and I intend to bring the college trophy home for my incredible Ivy League school, Yale!"



In fact, Thomas had a stellar senior-year in men's fencing for Yale heading towards the NCAA tournament. He was therefore very confident and pleased that he'd be most certainly facing Isaac Satan in the final of the tournament. Isaac and Thomas had both stood out in previous tournaments, but Thomas wanted to match Isaac's sense of graceful footwork and cavalier swordsplay with his own brand of cutthroat efficiency. Thomas was therefore very much in the mood to smile as the championship approached this year.



Isaac would not let anything deter his focus or concentration, so he set aside some time every morning to just stare into the mirror and make sure there was nothing in his mind distracting him from the goal of playing his very best and presenting himself in a manner of fencing that would liken him to Prince Hamlet himself!



FENCING ANNOUNCER: "Well, it's been an incredible match in this championship between Yale's Thomas Hewitt and the more finesse-driven Dartmouth junior Isaac Satan. The two were matched nearly perfectly, and Thomas' brand of cutting and slashing paired beautifully with Isaac's unique brand of criss-cross and diagonal dance-like play, resembling some kind of old world or old school prince. This was the old school versus the new school, in fact, and were it not for the fact that Isaac was Thomas' junior, we'd all think the time-scales were perfect too! In the end, Isaac managed to nudge out Thomas, with a final sword diagonal strike across the front of Thomas' body that left the Yale superstar simply confused. What a contest!"



In fact, fencing had such a proud tradition of being such a graceful and unique sport, that in the past, only gentleman and royalty would like to participate. However, the popularity of college fencing and modern media has opened doors to new brackets of fans who find themselves stimulated by the basic elegance of the great sport, and it makes for wonderful artworks as well. Fencing is a truly unique experience, both for the athletes and the audience.



THOMAS: Congratulations, you're the better fencer!
ISAAC: Thanks so much, man; we had an unforgettable contest, no?



Isaac Satan brought the fencing trophy home to Dartmouth College. He was in love with the way it reminded him why fencing reminded audiences of the great enjoyment of watching sports and athletic activity in ancient times, during the time of great kingdoms, when fencers looked like knights, and cheerleaders were simply angels!



Next time you have the opportunity to enjoy a men's fencing match at the college level, take note of how the great finesse-driven sport has endured through the ages and has come to embody the sort of graceful sportsmanship that has made it a simple hallmark of pure dioramas.

====
"Money is everything" (Ecclesiastes)

© 2020 Abishai100


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

My first love was into fencing. This is making me so nostalgic!

Posted 3 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

22 Views
1 Review
Added on October 8, 2020
Last Updated on October 8, 2020
Tags: College Fencing, NCAA, Sports Story, Fiction

Author

Abishai100
Abishai100

NJ



About
Student/Minister; Hobbies: Comic Books, Culinary Arts, Music; Religion: Catholic; Education: Dartmouth College more..

Writing