Venger/Jade

Venger/Jade

A Story by Abishai100
"

The two magical characters Venger (a sorcerer) and Jade (a female warrior) engage in a crossroads discussion about American capitalism...and dreams!

"
Here's an American civilization anthropological vignette citing the two folk-modern avatars Venger (the human-turned-sorcerer from the popular Dungeons & Dragons cartoon) and Jade (the fiercely liberal warrior woman from the Mortal Kombat video-game and pseudo-comics franchise) in a stirring debate/discussion about the qualities of capitalism and bank robbery and why ideas about socialized governance and the general 'face' of capitalism breeds imagination about dogma...and divinity! This intellectual short-story was inspired by the dioramic films Wag the Dog and American Beauty. Signing off (thanks so much for reading), 
----


====

Venger, the potent sorcerer and warlock from the realm of Dungeons and Dragons was always at odds with the spirit-guide known as Dungeon-Master, a goodly wizard who tried to get the six human teenagers trapped in the realm from Earth. Venger was once a good man but was transformed into an unholy warlock, though he remains pensive about ethics. Venger is therefore on a track to discover the nature of ethics and perhaps himself, someday seeking to become a normal human again. For now, however, Venger remains a very brooding sorcerer/warlock and is considered a force and minister of the eternity and complexity of darkness consciousness, making him a rather formidable diplomat of thought and action and of course unusual courage.

Jade is the fierce warrior-assassin, a friend of Princess Kitana and Kitana's bolder sister Mileena, both daughters of the powerful sorceress and queen Sindel. Jade rebels against the tyrannical rule of Shao Kahn in Outworld during the fierce Mortal Kombat tournaments. She ends up in the liberty realm of Edenia, continuing to serve Kitana/Mileena under Sindel's benefaction. Jade is a powerful female fighter and wields a magical staff and boomerangs and is said to possess the power to avoid projectile weapons while emitting a deadly vanishing smoke-gas designed to confound her adversaries. She's a terrific warrior with sorceress-like characteristics. She remains an advocate of Republic oriented values and is a friend of women who defied Shao Kahn in Outworld during the Moral Kombat tournaments. Therefore, she's a terrific diplomat of eternal wisdom and feminine courage and the thrill of fierce combat and defense.

Venger and Jade come to a crossroads while both traveling on a highway bridge in space that allows them to spy on human civilization on Earth. Venger and Jade note that the nation called America, on Earth, is the planet's official Big Brother of defense, military, fashion, commerce, and media/broadcasting. Jade and Venger realize they're both studying human behaviors and the peculiar power and prestige of America on this crossroads highway while evaluating human civilization alongside each other. They also note that their peculiar meeting gives them a unique opportunity to debate and discuss the nature of civilization itself and the role of magic and imagination the interplay between institutions and vanities and ambitions and economics. They wonder how much they agree with each other about social values and what sets them apart regarding the qualities of divine rule and social order. This makes for a rather interesting dialogue about property, sovereignty, displacement, theft, law, and even imagination!

VENGER: It seems the two of us are specialized for this evaluation, my dear!
JADE: Don't call me dear, Venger, for I'm my own formidable warrior.
VENGER: Oh, pardon my casual tone, I only assumed you're forthright about socializing.
JADE: You misjudge me, because I'm a woman, but I'm as daring and forthright as you!
VENGER: Alright; pardon this introductory liberty in that case; let's evaluate civilization.
JADE: Yes; it does seem that America, on Earth, is the police-force of all customs.
VENGER: Yes, America commandeers sectors of fashion, industry, and the military intelligence.
JADE: Americans are advocates of media/broadcasting and the networks of commerce.
VENGER: Wall Street is the highway beacon of commercial vanities...and solidarity!
JADE: Yet, there are staunch enemies and critics of America, often labeled as terrorists.
VENGER: These so-called 'terrorists' are to blame for the trauma of 9/11 in America.
JADE: Yes, on 9/11, such terrorists destroyed the commerce-symbolic World Trade Center.
VENGER: The World Trade Center in New York (America) was celebrated as a capitalism nexus.
JADE: It's as reflective of human commercial highways as Wall Street itself!
VENGER: It stood as a proud building, a real testament to socialized capitalism.
JADE: Some critics of America cite the nation as the anti-Biblical modern Sodom/Gomorrah.
VENGER: Yes, America has been considered an evil empire or modern-day Babylon.
JADE: It may be even be considered the Babylon cited in the Book of Revelation.
VENGER: Yes, the Great Tribulation of the Rapture or Armageddon in Revelation references Babylon.
JADE: Babylon is the proverbial/symbolic city of vanity and foolish ambitions and false promises!
VENGER: Critics of America who compare it to Sodom/Gomorrah or Babylon call it a nation of tyrants.
JADE: Yes, tyrants and pirates and sirens and fools; this criticism arises from capitalism vanities.
VENGER: Right; those who frown on capitalism's vanities and powers consider America itself a tyrant!
JADE: That's why Americans are considered indulgent in the ways of lifestyle vanities.
VENGER: Well, it does seem from this standpoint that American consumerism excesses breed indulgence.
JADE: True; capitalism's conveniences such as Starbucks and Facebook create lifestyle gluttony!
VENGER: Starbucks is the coffee-franchise and Facebook is the online social networking playground.
JADE: Such 'toy arms' of capitalism facilitate criticisms that Americans cater to childishness.
VENGER: And hence, such childishness is the vain reflection of America's commercial and military powers!
JADE: So, therefore, Venger, my new friend, America stands as a beacon of both prestige...and vanity.
VENGER: That's the view of many objective or even fanatical critics of American capitalism.
JADE: Shall we therefore conclude that anti-American terrorism on Earth is a form of 'cleansing' for decisions?
VENGER: No, I doubt Americans, like all humans, can withstand the traumatic onslaught of true terrorism!
JADE: How should we feel about what America has shown us about vanity and magic and commerce and power?
VENGER: Well, you're one to advocate bold statements about liberty, while I'm conservative about natural biases.
JADE: Let's agree then that America is a 'Babylon' of complexity but a light-house for lifestyle imagination!
VENGER: I suppose we've come to an agreement about the nature of socialized levity and casual magic.
JADE: Yet, I remain wary of your insistence and interest in the spheres of sorcery and governance-powers.
VENGER: I'm a ruling sorcerer/warlock in the realm of Dungeons and Dragons and must remain neutral about bias.
JADE: Well, I'm an idealist from Republic oriented values rule, and I advocate liberal dialogue about liberty.
VENGER: In that case, let's disagree about the quality of self-control in matters of lifestyle in political realms.
JADE: Yes, Venger; you remain conservative about dogma, while I remain liberal about democracy.
VENGER: We both agree that America is intriguing in absorbing criticisms while balancing pluralistic capitalism.
JADE: Yes, we both agree America has stirred our imagination and sensuality regarding real diaries!
VENGER: Let's look at one more romantic notion about America, my dear --- the romanticization of theft!
JADE: Theft, my dear Venger?
VENGER: Yes, Americans have almost deified bank robbers in the press, such as Bonnie and Clyde.
JADE: Perhaps American capitalism leaves much room for rebellion conversation!
VENGER: Perhaps you and I should transform into humans and rob a bank together in America.
JADE: So, you want to be 'celebrated' in America as a romantic bank robbing duo with me, eh?
VENGER: Perhaps all this capitalism-magnification has made me more dreamy towards you.
JADE: Let's return to our own realms now...perhaps more direct...towards each other!

====


"Money is everything" (Ecclesiastes)



{Venger/Jade}



© 2020 Abishai100


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

This gives a lot of food for thought. Great job with the characters, too!

Posted 3 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

24 Views
1 Review
Added on October 27, 2020
Last Updated on October 27, 2020
Tags: America, Capitalism, Fantasy-Imagination

Author

Abishai100
Abishai100

NJ



About
Student/Minister; Hobbies: Comic Books, Culinary Arts, Music; Religion: Catholic; Education: Dartmouth College more..

Writing