Delta Fraternity: American Dollhouse

Delta Fraternity: American Dollhouse

A Story by Abishai100
"

The vignette of an iconic American college fraternity showcases the splendor and spirit of the distant Halloween season!

"
Here's a fun post-retirement college vignette inspired by my days at a very fun American college fraternity. Thanks for reading (and enjoy --- Happy Halloween!), 
----

====

On the campus of a prestigious American college, preparations were under way to celebrate the Halloween season. The fraternity, the iconic Delta House, was never considered mainstream or yuppie but always seemed to cater to the college campus student life interests in social unwinding and casual networking. The Delta House highlighted the overall social democracy of the prestigious American college!



The Delta House offered new members and visitors and alumni iconic historic photos of the history of the grand old house, which stood erect on Fraternity Row on the campus. People noted that the Delta house neither sullied the prestige of the prestigious college, nor did it offer anything too distracting to student life or social spaces. In fact, the Delta house offered the college a fresh new perspective on the metaphysical architecture of the college's overall daylight.



Well, it was Halloween now at the Delta House, and the students and faculty all anticipated a fine autumn Halloween season of parties at the iconic fraternity. Students and teachers would dress up in costumes and attend in fine form. This was a great American pastime, the way students used costumes and style to express ideas about modern democratic activity!



The alumni torch-bearer of the Delta house was a strange character and college honors alumnus named Isaac Satan, whose frat-house name was Scarecrow. Isaac/Scarecrow carried his love of the Delta traditions throughout his life and wrote blogs of the college fraternity and how it contributed to his love of American democracy. Isaac was nerdy but also quite divine in his praise of American education and fraternity life when it didn't cater to alcoholism or dangerous crime.



ISAAC/SCARECROW: "Why is the Delta house sometimes given alias-nicknames for its members and alumni such as BonesGate or ShackHay or TreeLight? Maybe because I, Scarecrow, remind the members, old and new, that the Delta place in the college history books highlights an overall appreciation of Americana diaries. That's why I love Halloween."



There were rumors that some of the alumni from the Delta House went on to become the famous modern-day bank robbing group known as the Ex-Presidents, who robbed over 20 banks over the state of California in the 1990s. However, these rumors are unconfirmed, and other rumors persist that Delta alumni are managing a friendly and popular tourist pub in the Virgin Islands known as the Pelican Brief. However, these cats might make nice visitors to Delta during Halloween.



Anyways, this Halloween at the Delta will feature colorful music as usual and hired bands perhaps, and some of these bands might be homegrown, comprised of current and past Delta House members!



DELTA MEMBER: "Why is Halloween such a fare at the Delta house? I believe it's because we all love American disguises."



Isaac/Scarecrow will also be hiring a special beautiful maid for the Halloween party this year at the Delta house this year, a lovely angel who'll clean up the house and walk around with her feather-duster during the party scolding anyone drinking too much and making a mess by spilling those pretzel-snacks on the carpeted and renovated floor. This angel-maid is a tough-cookie, and Isaac/Scarecrow has provided her with a mini-tazer to electric-shock people she chooses to punish for dropping cookies on the carpet. She's a great boon to Delta.



DELTA MEMBER: "While the Halloween party ensues at the house this year on the college campus, I'll be performing a costumed bank robbery of the main bank in the town; I'll simply walk into the bank carrying a toy gun and claim it's filled with corrosive acid which I intend to spray on the bank teller window glass and floors if I'm not allowed to procure about $5000 peacefully and nonviolently! This will be a fine fake robbery."



Isaac/Scarecrow himself selected some of the finer decorations for the Halloween party this year at the Delta house, determined to make all the iconic and colorful rooms in the unique fraternity house seem more...spooky.



ISAAC/SCARECROW: "I drive a fancy Audi car, and I'm a terrific driver, and I never drive drunk."



Isaac made sure the Delta members and alumni had a special fraternity social network through a great European private bank called UniCredit, offering all members with accounts special secured access to democratic funds and diligent assets!



What will be the legacy of Halloween at the Delta house on this American college campus? Should it give way to new construction plans? Should it be dissolved into a diluted social scene? Should it disappear? What do you think?

====
"Money is everything" (Ecclesiastes)

© 2020 Abishai100


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Oh my! The scolding maid sounds like a fun role to play.

Posted 3 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

121 Views
1 Review
Added on October 28, 2020
Last Updated on October 28, 2020
Tags: Halloween, Fraternity, America

Author

Abishai100
Abishai100

NJ



About
Student/Minister; Hobbies: Comic Books, Culinary Arts, Music; Religion: Catholic; Education: Dartmouth College more..

Writing