American Airlines: Ghost-Story

American Airlines: Ghost-Story

A Story by Abishai100
"

Isaac is deciding between two women on an AA flight from New York to London and is advised by a strange old man who may not even be real.

"
Here's a non-heist story to sign off with, and I finally found the right theme/tone. Enjoy and thanks again for reading, 
----
====

Isaac was on an American Airlines (AA) flight from JFK to Heathrow (USA-UK) in the summertime. He was excited, because he was a fan of American Airlines and collected model planes and toys the company sold on the regular market. Isaac even invested in AA as a shareholder.



ISAAC: "I'm really excited about my American flight from New York to London, and I hope to meet some new friends."



American Airlines (AA) was reputed for its top-class in-flight amenities and services and its flight attendants and pilots. Isaac was confident this would be a safe and secure flight from New York to London that summer. He was confident there'd be great flight staff AA employees tending to the comforts of the airplane ride from America to England.



On the flight, Isaac met two stewardesses, Elaine and Donna. They were both very attractive. Elaine was a short-haired stunner with deep dark eyes and very smart demeanor. She appealed to his sense of worldly charms. He kept telling her about the quality of the food on the AA flight, and she kept smiling at him.



Donna was almost the opposite of Elaine. She was younger, more hip and energetic, and more humorous, with nifty braided brown hair. She had an Italian look to her, but Isaac didn't bother asking her about her ethnicity or cultural background. Isaac was flirting with Donna as well as Elaine on the AA flight from New York to London on that plane. Donna appealed to his sense of atmospheric fun.



On that very same flight, Isaac met a strange old man who was sitting on a seat next to him in the aisle side. He kept peering towards Isaac and leaning towards him and mentioning how he noticed he was admiring the two lovely and gorgeous AA stewardesses Elaine and Donna. The old man kept leaning towards Isaac every now and then, even into the later night-hours of the AA flight from New York to London and whispering, "Go with conscience, young man!"



After the plane landed in London, Isaac chose Elaine and asked her if he could meet with her in London somewhere for coffee and cake if she was on an AA stopover, which she was. Elaine accepted and they kissed before Isaac and her parted ways, and he got her hotel suite phone number her company gave her for her London stopover. However, while leaving the plane itself, Isaac looked back on the plane and noticed the eerie and adivising old man who kept whispering to him during the flight, "Go with conscience, young man!" had just vanished and was nowhere to be seen. In fact, Isaac couldn't even spot the old man in the flight luggage pickup section of the London Heathrow airport. Isaac now kept imagining those times when the old man was whispering to him in the dark in the plane during the night-hours of the AA flight from New York to London.



Isaac ended up marrying the AA stewardess Elaine. They had two lovely children and settled down in New England. Isaac was working as a consulting writer and editor for the New Yorker magazine, working on stories currently about heist and bandit folklore in American history and how it progressed from the days of Butch Cassidy and to the modern days of nameless pirate-like traffic-hunting bank robbers such as England's new millennium $100 million bank heist bandits. As Isaac was comfortable in his American folklore writing career and marriage to his wife Elaine and the happiness he wrought from his two kids, he thought back to the AA flight in which the eerie old man who whispered, "Go with conscience, young man!" as Isaac was deciding between the two in-flight stewardesses (flight attendants) Elaine and Donna. Isaac decided to call the AA company and ask about the old man passenger on his flight years ago, and according to the flight records, there was no old man on Isaac's flight from New York to London that summer. Isaac's jaw dropped. He realized he'd either hallucinated the spiritual presence of the old man...or that he was a ghost!

====
"Money is everything" (Ecclesiastes)

© 2020 Abishai100


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

This is making me nostalgic for pre-pandemic times. I used to take an airplane trip at least once a year.

Very mysterious ending!

Posted 3 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

20 Views
1 Review
Added on November 13, 2020
Last Updated on November 13, 2020
Tags: Haunting

Author

Abishai100
Abishai100

NJ



About
Student/Minister; Hobbies: Comic Books, Culinary Arts, Music; Religion: Catholic; Education: Dartmouth College more..

Writing