Brown Man's Burden

Brown Man's Burden

A Story by Abishai100
"

A pair of Indian princes stage an immaculate heist of a Federal bank in Delhi to stage a civilization diary about dread.

"
This is a race-inversed civilization heist vignette concept story I've been working on ever since enjoying the controversial American film, White Man's Burden, so I hope you'll like it. Thanks so much, 
----

====

New Delhi (India) was a very different Asian city than founders had envisioned. After Stalin helped the Soviet Union take charge in World War II, it became the world's Big Brother in commerce, ahead of the USA. It allied with India which eventually raced ahead of the USSR because of its computer wizardry and mathematics skills. Suddenly, Asia was the tower of the world, and India was its fashionable face. Indian citizens often kept English butlers and maids in their lavish city apartments and palaces in the year 2010.



A pair of Indian princes, twins, Amlan and Isaac, were bored with their luxurious post-WWII life in India/Asia. Amlan and Isaac planned to rob the Federal Bank in Delhi wearing masks and disguises, to add some spice and outlaw folklore in the Indian press. They took notes on the lavish structural security of the Federal Bank in Delhi as well as handy-dandy iPhone snapshots.



Amlan and Isaac lived as prince brothers in their royal family's impressive mansion in Delhi. They shared a nice Fiat car which they drove around without a chauffeur, since they both liked driving and race-cars. They appreciated their financial fortunes in India but often wondered how to make their lives more exciting amidst all these life amenities.



Amlan was engaged to the Delhi princess Akasha, who's rumored to be a great dancer. They're to marry in the autumn under a magical lit tent. Amlan and Akasha comprised a very handsome Indian couple for the future of Indian governance. However, Amlan didn't tell Akasha of his current plan to rob the Federal Bank of Delhi with his twin brother Isaac. Akasha was completely unaware.



The English butlers and maids who're working at the mansion of Amlan and Isaac, the princes of Delhi, were very professional and courteous as was expected for the working-glass English folk in post-WWII India/Asia. However, one pair of these property servants overheard the brothers Amlan/Isaac whispering about the Federal Bank robbery and wondered if they'd squeal to the media. They decided to remain quiet and keep their stead in the luxury of their Indian employers.



The state of crime in India/Asia at the time was quite sane. The police were very well-organized. Everything proceeded with great meticulous finery and precision. Outlaws and criminals were quickly detained and the legal process considered supremely clean. Indians had managed to construct a civilization based on ultimate civil securities, and at its crown were the financial banks, often secured by specialized policewomen.



Amlan/Isaac stormed into the Federal Bank of Delhi in masks and disguises and wielding painted red rifles which appeared at first glance to be toy guns. They used a special PA-system hijacking device to announce over the speakers their intention to rob the bank of $10 million gold bars quickly and nonviolently hopefully. They instructed the guards to tie themselves up while they asked the manager to escort one of them to the vault with the gold inside the impressive Delhi bank.



AMLAN: I consider myself a consummate thief and pirate for this Federal heist, which I hope will be adapted into a cinema.



ISAAC: I believe our plan to rob the Federal institution in Delhi will inspire youngsters to write poems about democracy!



The twins were escorted inside the vault where they procured their $10 million in gold and used plastic mini-explosives to create a hole in the wall to flee from the building from the vault room. They escaped through the Delhi sewer tunnels and hid their gold in a forest clearing near the city. They intended to use the stolen gold for special charities and for UNICEF.



Isaac met a beautiful French woman named Connie and married her. She's not a princess or royalty but very very sexy, and they had two children together. Amlan meanwhile married his Indian princess Akasha and had one son of his own. Isaac never told Connie about their adventurous rogue heist of the Delhi gold that day but considered Connie his special confidante as he developed his private writings about the leviathan and dragon of anti-capitalism angst in post-WWII Asia. Connie was his angel of luck.



AMLAN: We have white servants, because they're dependable keepers, son.
SON (Damian): Why don't we have Indian or Asian servants and maids, father?
AMLAN: After World War II, the scales of race had tipped in the favor and legions of Asians.
SON: Strange!
AMLAN: Capitalism itself is very strange, son.



The toy red rifles the twins used that day on their incredible gold heist really did go on to inspire some cinema in Asia, movies about outlaws seeking to redefine the scope and contours of governance and culture in modern Asia/India. This was a time of great dystopian folklore, but would democracy last?


====
"Money is everything" (Ecclesiastes)

© 2021 Abishai100


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

42 Views
Added on March 25, 2021
Last Updated on March 25, 2021
Tags: Race, Fanfiction, History, Heist!

Author

Abishai100
Abishai100

NJ



About
Student/Minister; Hobbies: Comic Books, Culinary Arts, Music; Religion: Catholic; Education: Dartmouth College more..

Writing