The Bears of Leatherface: College Horror!

The Bears of Leatherface: College Horror!

A Story by Abishai100
"

A ninja-warrior tackles Leatherface on the Baylor campus while the men's/women's basketball teams pitch quarantine-time glories.

"
In honor of this first year of quarantine-sports in media/TV, here's a toast to this year's NCAA basketball tourney, which features excellent squads from both the American men's and women's sides of the colorful and touted Baylor University Bears, a vignette really about media patriotism! God bless, 
----

====

The Baylor University Bears had made the national top-tier rankings in NCAA college basketball in the first year of the Coronavirus quarantine, and fans followed their successes online, on YouTube, and on TV. The Bears men's and women's teams were both ranked #2 in the nation, and the men were poised to be ranked #1. This was outstanding for an athletics program that had already seen great successes in collegiate athletics but especially for a year of quarantine tribulations in modern America.



The students were still worried that the Bears wouldn't capture both the men's and women's titles in the same year. After all, rarely did a college achieve such a possibility in a single year and in a single sport. True, the Duke Blue Devils once boasted a men's and women's basketball roster that had the magic to both win the national title, but they failed! Would the Baylor Bears succeed where the Blue Devils failed? Students weren't convinced.



BAYLOR STUDENT: We're going to cheer on our two teams, the men and the women, as we always have, man!



The men's college basketball team looked ambitious and gritty and their coached liked their chances very much.



The women's team had already captured one major title and was now poised to grab one alongside the Bears men.



In sports bars in town, people gathered for years to cheer on schools like Baylor and Duke in sports like basketball and lacrosse and football to see how modern media and TV spotlighted social access to student-athlete activity!



However, things were different this year, since this was the first NCAA tourney (men/women) during the quarantine tribulation. Would the Bears win for both sides, men and women this year for media spectators from home? However, one terrorist sought to subvert all this media idealism and carried out a series of cop-killings near the city of Baylor. This maniac caused an equal media stir but on the dark side!



This maniac was the buzzing masked Leatherface, a pure criminal who wanted to 'decapitate' cops in the name of anarchy!



Fortunately, the Baylor campus boasted a special visiting man from Algeria, a self-trained ninja-fighter named Alas who wielded a sword and crossbow. Alas hit the streets prowling for Leatherface during Baylor men's and women's games aired on TV and online. Alas sought to uphold all the quarantine media energy by preserving basketball pride during the virus trial.



ALAS: I've been trained as a ninja and in Shaivism and in guerrilla combat, and Leatherface has to keep steady with me!



It's sad that during all this media, Internet, TV, and cyber-buzz, the maniac Leatherface sought to destroy all this tech-energy during the quarantine tribulation in modern America. Would kids in the future play NCAA video-games and remember Alas...or Leatherface?



Nevertheless, horror-comics artists chose to canonize this Manson-like criminal with a series of comics and action-figures, claiming that Texas was the origin-point of American dark imagination! This was crime glorification indeed, and Alas wondered if ninja philosophy would be completely overshadowed in all this media mess.



BAYLOR ADMINISTRATION: Until our athletics program is secure, we'll not stand by the media buzz.

====
"Money is everything" (Ecclesiastes)

© 2021 Abishai100


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

48 Views
Added on March 27, 2021
Last Updated on March 27, 2021
Tags: Sports, Horror, Fanfiction

Author

Abishai100
Abishai100

NJ



About
Student/Minister; Hobbies: Comic Books, Culinary Arts, Music; Religion: Catholic; Education: Dartmouth College more..

Writing