Chicago Night*

Chicago Night*

A Story by Abishai100
"

A narrative diorama about the forces of anarchy moving a Chicago street gang of vigilantes led by a professor of daylight.

"
Here's a spiritual non-heist urban prayer vignette about anti-dystopian vigilance, inspired by The Warriors! God bless (and enjoy!), 
----

====

Chicago is the Windy City, the home of the Cubs and White Sox and the Bears and Bulls (American sports!). It's also the site of our culture vignette about the colors and tones of dystopian crimes and gangs. Otherwise, Chicago is quite an iconic US city you know.



Isaac is a professor at the University of Chicago, a scholar of psychology. He's also the head of a street night gang called the Warriors who prowl around masked and anonymous as modern era vigilantes tackling gargoyles of bloody murder. Isaac is known as Sparrow, leader of the Warriors, and is very smart.



SPARROW: My duty is to preserve sanity for our Warriors and for this Windy City of hell.



There are many gangs in Chicago you know. There's the Bloods and the Styx and the Creeps and the Marauders. They're sometimes multicultural and sometimes uni-ethnic. There're multiple ethnic groups in Chicago today and it resembles 1800s New York in the Boss Tweed era. People care about roaming angels you know.



The Warriors defend a small orphan boy named Sammy who's part of a child care center in Chicago for those displaced by calamity and plague. The Warriors want Sammy to grow up in a Chicago night that is immune from the modern hellmouth of customs and civics disarray and is welcoming of the honors of police actions. Sammy wants to be part of a city that is not a stranger to human folklore.



ISAAC/SPARROW: We grew up cheering the baseball teams which gave us great pride about natural teamwork in the city.



ISAAC (SPARROW): Some city folk prefer the White Sox to our Cubs, which creates a customs schism among team fanfares.



A schism in the Windy City can translate into real mob flows and anarchy! This is the urban landscape of mobilized passions, and people move on the basic instinct to create free-will forms of liberal chaos in Chicago. There's no escape here from the winds of fate and anarchy, and the Warriors and their leader Isaac ('Sparrow') work as vigilantes to tackle this modern form of dystopian mob psychology!



ISAAC: The human urge to create drama and style out of an instinct for bloody chaos is a natural reality to be controlled!



Isaac's girlfriend Connie simply detests his presence and involvement in all this Windy City nonsense. To her, the solution to urban chaos is EWTN, visits to the Church, and quiet time at home with loved ones. She's a messenger of the old world, one of purist faith in self-organized urban civics. Isaac wishes Connie was right.



ISAAC/SPARROW: We distribute toy guns to kids in the Windy City and teach them how to properly play with them!



ISAAC: This city will be taken by the vigilant forces of organized street education.
RED DRAGON: The destiny of the city run by mob psychology and anarchy is to entreat forms of hell!
ISAAC: There's a way to conceptualize hell in terms of the engagement with raw mental complexity.
RED DRAGON: By seeking to engage fire with engineering, you reveal your basic idealism.
ISAAC: We represent the mysticism of an old aesthetic catering to socialized dreams!



If Sparrow and his Warriors are to preserve the basic mob flow of the Windy City (Chicago) and keep back the tides of instinct driven hellfire, they'd have to understand and appreciate why the cycles of darkness in the modern American city are geared by methods of unfiltered human ambitions. However, Sparrow (Isaac) and his Warriors contend this is simply all an American diorama of the social need to cater to street dance!



ISAAC ('SPARROW'): The Bible tells us that if we have patience and vigilance, no Babylon can become endless disease.

====
"Money is everything" (Ecclesiastes)

© 2021 Abishai100


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

great theme, almost robin hood mentality,great images

Posted 3 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

59 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on March 30, 2021
Last Updated on March 30, 2021
Tags: Urban Culture, Folklore, Warriors, Fanfiction

Author

Abishai100
Abishai100

NJ



About
Student/Minister; Hobbies: Comic Books, Culinary Arts, Music; Religion: Catholic; Education: Dartmouth College more..

Writing