Cossack Defiance: Euro-Dream

Cossack Defiance: Euro-Dream

A Story by Abishai100
"

Narrative/journalistic account of the richness of Cossack history branches/legacy stretching to the land of Bucharest!

"
A fancy love-prose to the iconic and under-studied culture of the mysterious Cossacks, captured in various comics and modern story-books! Enjoy, 
----

====

I'm in Bucharest (Romania) where vampire-lore abounds and stories of Eastern European warriors on horseback originate partially.



My name's Amlan Satan, and I'm Algerian-American, writing a report/history of Cossacks, Ukrainian and Eastern-Euro old world horse-back warriors with a long culture and enduring legacy in modern Europe.



I started learning about these Eastern-Euro Cossacks in college where I found various comic books in my fraternity library on the 3rd floor (Bones Gate Fraternity ---- chapter of DTD).



The Cossacks were fabled Ukrainian and Eastern European warriors said by some to be ancestors of Chechnyans, Romanians, and other groups. The Cossacks loved adventure and jewelry and predated today's corrupting blood-diamond pirates of Africa/Europe.



The Cossacks were re-presented in iconic English Commando war-comics as vital to European history and war rhetorics. They're a proud people with a distinct look and very good with the saber in those times, as the folklore says.



I took a Tarom (Romanian airlines) flight from JFK to Bucharest and learned of the hospitality of Romanian and Eastern-Euro peoples on the flight!



TAROM: We're proud to offer more glorious windows into Euro-tourism through our airline experience.



In Bucharest, I made like the natives and dressed up like a traditional old-world Cossack musician and storyteller!



I met great Romanian children in a Cossack-descended village outside Bucharest, certainly future characters in my stories about the Cossack legacy on Earth.



Cossacks were beautiful and they still are beautiful, and they've left a stamp on Romanian fashions and aesthetics to be sure.



ARTIST: Cossack fashions and Romanian dress leave one to wonder about the dazzling parallels in cultural history!



I believe that multiple modernism capitalism totems like iconic consumerism friendly watches reflect a human interest in coordinating marketing with imagination, and this is why we see a natural fascination with the impressions of Cossack/Romanian craftsmanship today!



The Romanian/Cossack orthodox Christian stained-glass/art is nothing to ignore and takes the breath away really.



The food is equally thrilling and inspires cooking contests in the USA I think (e.g., Iron Chef America).



Today, you'll learn about the Cossacks in your library or in your university, if you take the right courses!



Cossacks had an indelible impression on the war-landscape and were featured in iconic and historic battles but were mostly forgotten because of their 'gypsy' status!



ROMANIA: We love our folk-dances on public stages, since they remind us of the accessibility of tourism.



Cossack soldier legacies can still be seen proudly in horse-marches in and around Russia and Eastern Europe today, making for great TIME articles, right?



SECURITY COUNCIL: We respect the sovereignty concerns of gypsy-peoples of Eastern Europe today.



I return on Tarom to JFK and get in a mock McLaren car-speed track and think about my Romanian Cossack education-adventure in Eastern Europe and am curious about Western media branches to history enrichment!



"There's no greater threat to education or history than the miseducation of cultural history."

====
"Money is everything" (Ecclesiastes)

© 2021 Abishai100


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

26 Views
Added on June 30, 2021
Last Updated on June 30, 2021
Tags: Folklore

Author

Abishai100
Abishai100

NJ



About
Student/Minister; Hobbies: Comic Books, Culinary Arts, Music; Religion: Catholic; Education: Dartmouth College more..

Writing