Wild Child: Laura's Drawing

Wild Child: Laura's Drawing

A Story by Abishai100
"

Dr. Laura Palmer finds a raised 'wild-child' in the Earth rainforest and is committed to a drawing of civilized detention!

"
A tribute to the timeless story of the Wild Child of Aveyron. Enjoy! 
----

====

In the heart of Earth's rainforest, a 'wild-child' was discovered. Having been kidnapped by a native tribe when he was a boy and his father working on a nearby dam-project, the 'wild-child' of the rainforest escaped from the clutches of the savage forest-tribe and grew up by himself in the rainforest, more or less 'raised' by the beasts/animals/wildlife of the rainforest and now being an adult of 30 years-of-age.



The 'wild-child' was discovered by a Nat-Geo anthropologist named Laura Palmer who brought him to the USA and realized he had poor eyesight and got him eyeglasses. Now, he's living inside her house and the subject of a major book she's writing about re-adapting into civilization after being kidnapped from it at a young age.



Laura Palmer (Dr. Palmer) drew a picture of a fairy-boy for the 'wild-child' who had no name per-se and so she gave him the name Amlan Satan ('devil-of-psyche') and taught him about the fantastic stories and myths of human civilization and fantastic creatures like fairies and werewolves.



The 'wild-child' ('Amlan Satan') grew to become fascinated with charcoal-art and drew/collected numerous etchings of wild-humans being raised in the nature by wolves. He was shown relevant films by Dr. Laura Palmer such as the iconic one by Truffaut as well as various primal-adventure 'Mad Max' films. Amlan Satan ('wild-child') became intrigued by this intersection between nature-imagination and manmade art.



LAURA: You'll love this film, Satan.
AMLAN ('wild-child'): It's very good!



Dr. Palmer also enrolled Amlan Satan in an adult American soccer league to get him fit and outdoors and participating in social sporting activities in American civilization, and he'd become the toast and cover-feature of TIME magazine!



AMLAN: I love soccer, and I like playing on the grass, and watching UEFA on television!



DR. LAURA PALMER: This iconic 'wild-child' of the rainforest, now an American citizen, has become an object of my mind!



Dr. Palmer took Amlan to a 'CalTech center' where he's been exposed to various imaginarium studies regarding the conversion of coal to diamonds, a process in mineral-science which truly fascinates the 'wild-child' who's becoming quite the diamond-aficionado in California (USA).



DR. PALMER: The CalTech/Nat-Geo faculty have opted to teach you to drive in a gifted sports-car, Satan!



Amlan played soccer, watched drive-in movies, and drove his Lamborghini around California with Laura. He also kept a pet-cuckatoo which he named Felix, and he grew to reintegrate his innocent respect for human civilization with a life-trained natural link to the magic of nature itself.



Now, the 'wild-child' is the subject of a new Wes Andersen film about the nature-boy becoming a computer-wizard and NASDAQ hacker-decoder for a major American company; the film is titled Becoming Human.



AMLAN: I owe everything to Laura, who's drawing of me was the key to my life's decisions.

====
"Money is everything" (Ecclesiastes)

© 2021 Abishai100


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

19 Views
Added on August 1, 2021
Last Updated on August 1, 2021
Tags: Fantasy

Author

Abishai100
Abishai100

NJ



About
Student/Minister; Hobbies: Comic Books, Culinary Arts, Music; Religion: Catholic; Education: Dartmouth College more..

Writing