Kansas City Strangers: Jewel-Thief

Kansas City Strangers: Jewel-Thief

A Story by Abishai100
"

Amlan's a Kansas City jewel-thief and Royals baseball fan who might discover strange seasonal divinity.

"
A heist vignette about an American thief who's dreaming about...destiny! Enjoy,
====

Amlan Satan lived in Kansas City and was planning a heist of diamonds belonging to a terrorism-financing European baron named Ion who decided to hide in North America with some diabolical underground investments. Amlan wanted to enrich Kansas City and exorcise the influence of the evil Baron Ion from it.



Amlan was a big fan of the Kansas City Royals baseball-team and collected numerous iconic Royals cards, such as the 1986 Topps-Traded Bo Jackson rookie-card, worth quite a bit in USD but more in American baseball symbolic sentimental value. In fact, Kansas City was to Amlan a sort of Americana-symbol itself, where great human imaginations arose quite naturally and comfortably. It's a good place to live and dream.



Amlan was now fixed upon the jewel-heist of Baron Ion's Kansas City bank safe-box, and he decided to pursue the plan with great calculations and with a special/nifty plan involving a nerdy costume. He'd become a real nerd for this Kansas City heist.



Amlan took the nifty KC metro-train through the city, dressed in his heist-costume and wielding a toy water-gun in his hand on a cold November heist-day in the symbolic US city of dreams/life.



He'd decided one of the nifty treasures he'd buy with the money exchanged for the blood-diamonds he'd steal from Baron Ion's KC bank safe-box would be a symbolic KC Royals Christmastime sweater, which he might buy in a pair --- for himself and perhaps for a new girlfriend/lady in his somewhat lonely life.



Amlan got out of the KC metro-train in his 'Thespian' maudlin costume/mask and walked into the Kansas City (KC) bank and told the manager he came as a theater-messenger who wanted photos of the safe-box area for a special show about American safe-box fears and even brought his theater-prop water-gun with him for proof. The manager had a guardsman escort him to the safe-box room after being quite amused by this theater-show setup.



When inside the safe-box area of the KC bank vault-room, Amlan ('Thespian'), escorted by the single guardsman, revealed to the guardian that his toy water-gun was filled with corrosive acid! He whispered in the single escorting guardsman's ear, "I want you to do jumping-jacks dancing in front of the lone security-camera in this safe-box room while I burn a hole into safe-box #1187 (Baron Ion's box!) and switch his blood-diamonds with fakes I've brought with me here today for a special media-heist about terrorism-financing in Kansas City today requiring more vigilant forms of 'vigilante' disguise'."



INTERPOL: Blood-diamond corruption today threatens the entire world diamond-exchange and terrorism-financing!



Amlan Satan ('Thespian') walked out of that KC-bank on heist-day in November with $20M worth of the evil Baron Ion's terrorism-financing blood-diamonds and transferred the assets in the North American underground through Interpol-relations and began purchasing gifts/trophies with his newfound fortune. He purchased a KC-Royals Christmas sweater-pair as he intended earlier as well as an iconic double-set of the 1986 Topps-Traded Bo Jackson rookie-card.



Amlan was at a gas-station one moonlit night in Christmastime Kansas City when he came across a customer, a beautiful young American woman named Esmerelda who caught his eye...and his heart.



AMLAN: My life has changed in Kansas City...I've turned from a jewel-thief into a romantic voyeur!



Was it the strangeness of Kansas City that created this form of serendipity for this offbeat jewel-thief (Amlan/Thespian)? Was it the moonlight of the Kansas City Royals that created the special 'baseball magic' in America that would catalyze the sort of romantic imagination that could transform a jewel-thief...into an American dresser?

====
"Money is everything" (Ecclesiastes)

© 2021 Abishai100


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

22 Views
Added on August 14, 2021
Last Updated on August 14, 2021
Tags: Kansas City, Memento

Author

Abishai100
Abishai100

NJ



About
Student/Minister; Hobbies: Comic Books, Culinary Arts, Music; Religion: Catholic; Education: Dartmouth College more..

Writing
Ronin-Bound Ronin-Bound

A Story by Abishai100