Seattle Saree-Man*

Seattle Saree-Man*

A Story by Abishai100
"

A capitalism success-man in Seattle is challenged in a season with an unusual blood-diamond vigilantism dial.

"
A blood-diamond sideshow-tale featuring an iconic capitalism-enterprise in Seattle which becomes a symbolic anti-terrorism diamond itself! Enjoy, 
----
====

Amlan Satan's a graduate of Dartmouth and capitalism-wizard who's opening an iconic Eastern saree-fashions women's clothing-boutique in the iconic US city of Seattle (Washington)!



Satan knows what people like and is a master of women's clothing fashions and has specialized in saree-fashions and sales since traveling to the East and studying the blending of modern and old-world fashions in places like Fez and Bombay. His saree-store in Seattle is called the Eastern Toga, since sarees resemble Greek toga-clothing but is sleeker and silkier and much more colorful. Satan considers himself now a nerdist of Western capitalism.



He takes the Seattle metro to work everyday and arrives at 7am to open his Eastern Toga saree-store for his traffic of customers for that day/week. His store is closed on Sundays but is open every other day 9am-8pm. He has about 4 sales-associates who work alongside him at Eastern Toga in Seattle. His metro-ride is his convenient method of work-commute.



Satan likes his store to look clean, presentable, hospitable, traffic-friendly, and open to new kinds of customers on any given day and is therefore designed inside to be very pedestrian-friendly and commercially hygienic!



He obtains his fabrics from around the world but mostly from the East and consults with the finest designers and merchants of saree-fashions including Ashoka, Yvgeny, and Patel Sisters in Bombay.



The saree-styles and cuts are hand-selected or customized by Satan himself who worked with the women's designer Mary Boone in NYC before setting up his shop in Seattle (Eastern Toga).



The saree-models he uses to pose for his Eastern Toga saree fashions and designs are some of the under-known fashion-models from the East but capture his interest in a more classic or traditional style of cut and color.



The sarees at Eastern Toga were commented by one fashion-designer to be considered some of the most iconic clothing designs from India sold in any kind of modern store, making him a sort of 'guru' of capitalism-marketing not only in Seattle but in the Western hemisphere.



Some of the more expensive sarees at Eastern Toga are said to be worth over $4K, but he doesn't brag about that!



On his wall you can find various presentations of outrageous and fabulous saree-designs and colors of saree-fashions known in the modern world of consumerism today. Seattle is such a colorful city, so to find a commercially viable merchant-store like Eastern Toga in a place like Seattle is a real gem of Western achievement.



He also keeps a nice TRIO stereo-system in Eastern Toga on which he plays very fine Indian classical (sitar) music for his customers who often compliment Satan (Amlan) on the atmospheric feel of the Seattle saree-store!



All was sunny-and-dandy at Eastern Toga which was featured in a Vogue article about Seattle capitalism until a nasty costumed/masked thief named 'Burglar' marched into the establishment wielding what was a toy water-rifle with see-thru working gears, like a Swatch watch or those first line of Apple iMacs the late-90s.



BURGLAR: I want your most expensive sarees and your Trio stereo-system for this Seattle heist, my good merchant-man!
SATAN: Why're you doing this?
BURGLAR: I'm drawing attention away from the modern nefarious problem of blood-diamond terrorism-financing!
SATAN: What's that got to do really with my Eastern Toga sarees and store stereo system, Mr. Burglar?
BURGLAR: Without a little localized pizzazz, I can't perform this blood-diamond media-distraction vigilantism!
SATAN: So you're using this 'Eastern Toga' media-heist to draw attention away from blood-diamond maladies?
BURGLAR: Yes; and your store will become famous for being the 'martyr trophy' of this North American crusade!
SATAN: Why'd you choose my store?
BURGLAR: Well, my good merchant-man, Eastern Toga is considerably a 'North American' diamond.



After the heist was over, Satan got over his woes and soon a police detective was assigned to this very unusual Seattle case of what seemed to be some kind of Interpol-relations blood-diamond vigilantism. In fact, Mr. Burglar or someone working alongside his behalf had gifted Eastern Toga with the retribution-money for Satan's role in serving as a 'martyrized merchant' (albeit insuranced!) of this blood-diamond vigilante media-distraction mission. The police detective assigned to the Eastern Toga heist-case was Elka Daniels who fell in love with Amlan after he gifted her one of his most expensive Indian sarees.



ELKA: Aren't you concerned about all this media-insurance dazzle, Amlan my love?
AMLAN: This blood-diamond adventure has brought you to me, darling!
ELKA: Who's the guy who stole that stereo and the sarees?
AMLAN: Perhaps the Devil himself?
ELKA: Hopefully, it's all Interpol-work, and we can enjoy the fruits of Seattle insurance!



INTERPOL: Blood-diamond corruption today threatens the entire world diamond-magazine.

====
"Money is everything" (Ecclesiastes)

© 2021 Abishai100


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

23 Views
Added on August 16, 2021
Last Updated on August 16, 2021
Tags: Seattle, Capitalism

Author

Abishai100
Abishai100

NJ



About
Student/Minister; Hobbies: Comic Books, Culinary Arts, Music; Religion: Catholic; Education: Dartmouth College more..

Writing
Oscar Bound Oscar Bound

A Story by Abishai100


Eco-Capsule Eco-Capsule

A Story by Abishai100