Aer Lingus: Citadel & the Dark Sea

Aer Lingus: Citadel & the Dark Sea

A Story by Abishai100
"

A 'Peter Pan' like guerrilla-intellectual negotiates the 'dark sea' of capitalism tremors in the new millennium as the 20th Anniversary of 9/11 nears!

"
A treatise comparing modern capitalism-rhetoric to the political treatise Leviathan (Hobbes), in honor of the upcoming 20th Anniversary of 9/11. Thanks for reading, 
----
====

In the modern civilization, the social eye viewed the occurrence of treasure and fortune with great depth and mischief. This was a time of colloquial capitalism created by the conveniences of consumerism (e.g., eBay, Burger King, Bloomberg, BASF, etc., etc.). Terrorism-financing through blood-diamonds from Africa/Europe confounded globalization visions of secured organized commerce and governance. In this environment, the vision of value/treasure was seen through the lens of over-arched ambition and therefore the 'vanity' of superstitions.



Arose the popularity of the outrageous comic book 'superhuman' (hero/villain) who exhibited extraordinary telepathic powers of reasoning and power movement and manipulation. These heroes/villains captured a modern fascination with the fantastic drama of ambition through the lens of completely globalized capitalism and toys.



Aer Lingus suddenly became a 'diadem' of civilization imagination. It's Ireland's national airline company, and Ireland has been linked to Northern Ireland inter-religious conflicts between Catholics and Protestants stemming from socioeconomic disparities between the two dominant Christian world community denominations created by dissatisfying British Parliament policies, leading to forms of Irish Republican Army guerrilla actions which the legal/political negotiation 'branch' Sinn Fein deals with daily on behalf of the troubled Irish Catholic minority in Belfast (Northern Ireland). Aer Lingus, Ireland's travel-tourism based airline company, is therefore a world modern symbol of globalized optimism amidst all this inter-religious socioeconomic fury in the modern United Kingdom.



Imagine two cities, Belfast (Northern Ireland) and Dublin (Ireland), separated not by religion, since both boast proud Irish Catholic populations (albeit one as a minority-group) but by political turmoil confounding new era dreams of commerce-based continental bridges to peace. Capitalism can solve the problem of modern terrorism, right? We all dream so, especially after 9/11 (when anti-Western terrorists destroyed the commerce-symbolic World Trade Center in NYC), but can this Belfast/Dublin duality or undesirable split be bridged now through commerce imagination and intelligence?



This is the age of media and marketing and cyber-networking and capitalism globalized. Everyone has access to the Internet it seems, and everyone wants the fortune to shop on it successfully and/or conveniently! The democratic access to this new cyber-market is the key to nation-state vitality. Catholic-Protestant divisions and rifts in modern Northern Ireland therefore comprise a real problem, as weighty as Israel-Palestine, to this new era vision of cyber-communications.



Commander Shadow is the world-leader of the group the Foreign Irish Republican Army (F-IRA), composed of Catholic sympathizers of a new Sinn Fein vision of Catholic-Protestant teamwork and coop but the members aren't necessarily Irish. Commander Shadow, for example, is half-Algerian and half-Indian, with roots and heritage in his family-tree linked to the Quit India movement against British rule in the 20th Century.



COMMANDER SHADOW: We collect images of Catholic and Protestant youth seeking shared space for play amidst hellfire.



The F-IRA (Foreign Irish Republican Army) may be hypothetical to you, but it symbolizes a concerted effort to modernly streamline this new era vision of capitalism with traditional views on the enduring role of religion and monarchy and culture and dogma. How can we coordinate commercial ambitions and vanities with old-school ideas about preserved castles?



COMMANDER SHADOW: Artworks of the Easter Rising of 1916 remind Westerners of the 'weight' of Catholic-Protestant woes.



Catholics and Protestants are both Christian groups. They both believe in general ideas regarding Christian virtue and purgatory and punishment and restoration or grace. They both believe in the sanctification of Jesus Christ. However, these two dominant denominations in modern civilization have created an Earthly purgatory in the United Kingdom, and only Sinn Fein may be able to restore the balance in the heavens on Earth (in Europe!).



COMMANDER SHADOW: The trauma of the terrorism of 9/11 reminded people that capitalism has faced disillusionment.



Where is the beauty and magic of White Castle or Swatch or Toys R' Us or Boston Market in this new environment of socioeconomic differences linked to religion in places like Northern Ireland and the Middle East? Where can we find the cure to the malady of lost idealism in the face of endured world anarchy?



The Gulf War in the '90s was all about petroleum. It capitulated in the minds of international groups like the Security Council that Israel-Palestine woes may never vanish! However, are we adding fuel to the fire now or creating commercial solutions or applications?



COMMANDER SHADOW: Part of the job of the modern guerrilla-intellectual is to synthesize forms of capital value.



"First there was Darkness. Then came the Strangers." (Alex Proyas, Dark City)



Can guerrilla-intellectuals like Commander Shadow create the necessary institutional imagination to remind us of valuable ideas like Catholic and Protestant kids sharing playspace together during Christmastime, imagining elves of toys together today in Northern Ireland? Where is the art?



SECURITY COUNCIL: Our duty first now is to secure special forms of globalized sane commercial highways for consumerism.



Peter Pan may be Commander Shadow himself, and if he is, can he outshine out out-mind the schemes of a hypothetical Green Dragon of capitalism-envy? Imagine that Shadow (Peter Pan!) challenges Green Dragon to a board-game of Stratego symbolizing new capitalism idealism/rhetoric.



PETER PAN (Shadow): I shall arrange my rank-officer pieces in parallel covert positions.
GREEN DRAGON: You intend to outwit me by luring me into diagonal offenses of bravado!
PETER PAN: Perhaps you'll take the lure, good dragon.
GREEN DRAGON: You're shrewd about the natural urge to experiment with risk.
PETER PAN: Perhaps you won't detect the right lines of parallel positioning!
GREEN DRAGON: Are you making a model of capitalism by-roads in this Stratego game, Shadow?
PETER PAN: Call me...Peter Pan.
GREEN DRAGON: Well, Peter...are you a messenger of contoured diligence in capitalism?
PETER PAN: Isn't it obvious?
GREEN DRAGON: Why's Aer Lingus so important to you in civilization?
PETER PAN: It reminds us of the value of travel and the social joy of playing with media!
GREEN DRAGON: Can the media really create playspaces for capitalism peace?
PETER PAN: Why not?
GREEN DRAGON: How'd you know I'd go for diagonal bravado in this Stratego game?
PETER PAN: You strike me as a 'creature' of habit --- leaning towards the allure of gambling.
GREEN DRAGON: Capitalism itself is a gamble.
PETER PAN: Well, this Stratego game shall reveal that Aer Lingus is not a gamble...but a trophy.
GREEN DRAGON: What's the difference, Peter Pan ('Shadow')?
PETER PAN: It's all in the ranking.



Shadow had managed to outshine the symbolic metaphysical creature of Machiavellian antagonism challenging Peter Pan's sense of socialized cooperative capitalism in civilization. He revealed that respect to labor ranking can be as valued as the assessment of bravado in relation to rewards. This was good parallel-thinking, vital for capitalism-governance, the kind required to make a modern capitalism-symbolic company like Ireland's Aer Lingus a hopeful 'trophy' for pluralism commerce. Who knows what 'toy's would emerge in this matrix of civilization artistry?



SHADOW ('Peter Pan'): Hobbes wrote in the Leviathan that man negotiates with competition; but perhaps with dance.



BELFAST RESIDENT: I won't tell you if I'm Catholic or Protestant, but I can tell you that I admire Aer Lingus as a modern gem.

====
"Money is everything" (Ecclesiastes)

© 2021 Abishai100


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

62 Views
Added on August 28, 2021
Last Updated on August 28, 2021
Tags: Leviathan

Author

Abishai100
Abishai100

NJ



About
Student/Minister; Hobbies: Comic Books, Culinary Arts, Music; Religion: Catholic; Education: Dartmouth College more..

Writing