Wonder Woman: A Boston Dilemma

Wonder Woman: A Boston Dilemma

A Story by Abishai100
"

American messengers are working in iconic Boston as 9/11-anniversary approaches and a Wonder Woman patriotism festival is potentially darkened by a detention threat.

"
A toast to Boston and NORAID as the 20th-anniversary of 9/11 nears now. Enjoy! 
----
====

Boston (USA) was the site of a great Wonder Woman (DC Comics) festival which'd draw in celebrities and social figures to celebrate American patriotism/heroism as the 20th-anniversary of 9/11 approached.



Amlan Satan is an Algerian-American blood-diamond infiltration-agent with Interpol-relations working in Boston and supporting the group NORAID to advocate the cessation of terrorism-financing gems into the UK. He's attending the Wonder Woman festival as a costumed maudlin/thespian celebrating American patriotism towards socialized democracy and modern American values.



SATAN: I get much of my socialization-democracy rhetoric inspiration in Boston from the Joyce work Dubliners.



The Wonder Woman festival is preceded by a special media-event involving an Irish-Italian culture dual-group joint-venture in Boston meant to raise funds for both NORAID and a fireman's fundraising initiative to commemorate the 20th-anniversary of 9/11, an all-around nice American event in Boston. A pretty photojournalist from the Herald is at the event, and so is Amlan Satan, and he reconnects with her (Shelbye), since they attended Harvard together.



AMLAN: There's an emerging underworld narcotics gang in Boston exploiting some new 9/11 paranoia.
SHELBYE: Sounds like an anti-wave in response to this Wonder Woman spirit we're seeing in the streets.



Shelbye and Amlan investigate the seizure of a large narcotics shipment in Boston harbor linked to this emerging Boston crime-gang and possibly linked to some blood-diamond activity stemming from Belgium. This is high-profit underworld crime, threatening the spirit of the Wonder Woman festival. The harbor drug-shipment is big news.



SATAN: What makes Wonder Woman so American is her ability to capture the general 'feel' of our cultural sense of duty.



Amlan attends a special multicultural Catholic event in association with NORAID at a church in Boston where he talks about addressing emerging Boston crime in public schools, to advocate more civic duty in these times of strange crime in the American city such as the recent devastating Boston Marathon bombing.



Shelbye meanwhile attends a special NORAID march in Boston as 9/11 and the Wonder Woman festival approaches in the city.



Amlan shows up at the march costumed as a maudlin/thespian, ironically, in a get-up he used in British Columbia for a special raid of blood-diamonds for media designed to look like an Interpol theater expose. Shelbye jokes he looks like an Irish leprechaun.



Amlan, an Algerian-American, studied political psychology at Harvard and recounts his education in democratic reforms/governance related to urban crime in developing post-revolutionary societies such as post-Independence Ireland in the early 20th Century. Harvard's one of those Boston 'trophies' representing pure American imagination.



Shelbye and Amlan enjoy some delicious Irish curry at an iconic Boston bistro for a Sunday brunch.



SHELBYE: Irish food/cooking is simply...clean.



The two love-birds then attend a Celtics game as the Wonder Woman festival approaches, and the cheerleaders are uniformed in special 9/11 commemorative outfits!



SATAN: The Celtics are to Boston what Ellis Island is to New Yorkers --- a social sign of democratic hospitality!



They spot celebrities at the Celtics game who're most likely also going to attend the Wonder Woman festival in Boston.



Amlan decides to do some undercover underworld crime-investigation work, posing as a narcotics runner trying to link up to the potential crime-gang linked to the recent harbor drug-shipment. He doesn't want this kind of American traffic to sully the upcoming Wonder Woman festival in his fair Boston.



SHELBYE: I'll be taking street-photos of Irish citizens in proud colors who're at the Wonder Woman festival.



SATAN: The greatest threat to modern American democracy and pluralism is the under-current of piracy-themed crimes.



SHELBYE: I'm taking Satan to a Kid-Rock concert in Boston which will follow the Wonder Woman festival on 9/11.



If you want to work 'within' the fabric of modern American democratic values/virtue, you have to literally 'think' like a 'policeman' of pluralism politics. This is possible...if one has the right 'dose' of dowry imagination!

====
"Money is everything" (Ecclesiastes)

© 2021 Abishai100


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

another great story from your talented mind...

Posted 2 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

36 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on September 3, 2021
Last Updated on September 3, 2021
Tags: America

Author

Abishai100
Abishai100

NJ



About
Student/Minister; Hobbies: Comic Books, Culinary Arts, Music; Religion: Catholic; Education: Dartmouth College more..

Writing