Neutron: Ice-Station (The Thing!)

Neutron: Ice-Station (The Thing!)

A Story by Abishai100
"

Jimmy Neutron is 'captain-nerd' of Ice-Station (Zebra-US) of which a human team must resolve to endure an evolutionary threat from an alien 'Thing' of distance.

"
I'm signing off with this non-sports fanfiction featuring allusions to the iconic/colorful science-fantasy character Jimmy Neutron (Nickelodeon) with a special sci-fi fantasy (pseudo-horror) 'juxtaposition' with the iconic remake-film The Thing (Kurt Russell). 
----
====

Jimmy Neutron had been developing more efficient systems for scientific decision-making and energy utility upon being assigned to the new US Ice-Station in the Arctic which was to evaluate designs for creative energy harnessing.



JIMMY NEUTRON: As the 'head-nerd' of this ice-station mission in the Arctic, I'm planning for contingencies of disasters!



The Ice Station (Zebra-USA) was underway and was coordinating many energy experiments designed to create efficiency models for resource outsourcing in the Americas, and the mission was endorsed by NASA, Weyland, and Wayne Industries. Jimmy Neutron, a resourceful engineering scientist nerd as well as target-shooter was an ideal 'captain' on the Zebra ice-station in the Arctic.



The team-members of Zebra, soldiers and scientists, were part of a fun North American ice-hockey club tied to NASA's new social activity program called Club-Americas (CA). The Zebra members were excited to apply their understanding of the 'human formula' of science labor to the decision-making 'pyramids' for this expedition into the cold regions of Earth.



JIMMY NEUTON: All the members of Zebra are required to pre-read a symbolic work by an important American about ice.



One of the other main/lead scientists on Zebra (USA) in the Arctic is Dr. Shelley Levine, who'd been researching forms of 'alien energy output' in models of organics alternatives for biophysical re-engineering and considered this Zebra mission for NASA/Weyland/etc. a key 'trophy' for the development of Western civilization canon.



JIMMY NEUTRON: Our trusted and helpful guide-wolf/dog Nanook has all the instincts to spot signs of dangers.



Fortunately, the members of Zebra (USA) were outfitted with special heat-suit training and flame-thrower target-shooting, which head-nerd Jimmy Neutron was certainly quite skilled at performing in public. The fire-shots would be used in case of any energy overload or 'ice-beast' threatening the normal 'dance' of the ambitious Zebra ice-station.



The science groups and gov't-orgs tied to Zebra (USA) were also busy developing the relevant applied Western urban future-design landscapes with energy-efficiency diagrams in place, so the research would be 'wed' to human/social vision(s).



JIMMY NEUTRON: We're fortunate to have many nifty toys/gadgets for ice-research, provided by the various money-groups!



Everything was going great. The research at Zebra (USA) was stellar. Diagrams for energy/resource extraction were quite handsome/dashing! Dr. Shelley Levine was already receiving outstanding media-laurels for great science-PR in the West. However, things suddenly took a nose-dive towards danger when an alien spaceship was discovered submerged some trekking-distance away from Zebra. It was obviously not a human spaceship.



JIMMY NEUTRON: We've found a 'miniature' living intelligent alien 'creature Thing' in the spaceship, mutant, and we're geared to understand its morphology, its advanced if 'alternative' biophysical energy-readings, and its 'uncanny' ability to shape-shift and grow (rather swiftly!) in size, compelling all of us here at Zebra to remain on high 'masked' alert (including myself!).



Well, this 'Thing' (alien creature) the Zebra team found and tried to cultivate did indeed 'mutate' and shape-shift and grow in size very quickly and was evidently a hostile Thing of ugly proportion(s) with a certain intent to invade and colonize Earth by multiplying and symbiotically 'merging' with the human bodies of its Earth victims and sometimes even taking human-like shapes/forms while maintaining its own 'central command' creature form of leviathan-like hideous monstrosity.



JIMMY NEUTRON: We've concurred that there's no recourse now (whatsoever) but to use our Boring fire-shots to burn the Thing to ashes and thereby prevent any 'undue' or unlicensed human curiosity about biophysical energy adaptations/mutations/transformations that will create dangerous forms of Thing-creature preservation/storage; we've simply got to kill this invading alien Thing.



DR. SHELLEY LEVINE (Nobel Laureate): It seems to us that the 'Thing' can replicate human shape/appearance and kill by will!



Fortunately, the valiant members of Zebra (USA) managed to outwit and survive their dangerous encounter with the Thing in the Arctic. Despite losing 5 members of their 30-member team to the Thing's ravenous delight(s), there'd been enough evidence and artifacts gathered from this ice-station 'encounter' to create a 'marvelous' museum display featuring why the Thing would enhance human understandings of the nature of biophysical depression!



JIMMY NEUTRON: We're just grateful for having endured this Thing and lived to tell the tales of modern science-dreams.

====
"Money is everything" (Ecclesiastes)

© 2022 Abishai100


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

28 Views
Added on February 27, 2022
Last Updated on February 27, 2022
Tags: Sci-Fi, Folklore

Author

Abishai100
Abishai100

NJ



About
Student/Minister; Hobbies: Comic Books, Culinary Arts, Music; Religion: Catholic; Education: Dartmouth College more..

Writing