Vikings-Detention: Toy Phone Job

Vikings-Detention: Toy Phone Job

A Story by Abishai100
"

A fan-diorama of what makes football cheers so darn Western and discrete.

"
Just a simple football-fan diary note inspired by Heaven Can Wait (Warren Beatty). Enjoy, 
----

====

I've been following the Vikings (American football) since watching replay videos of the great multi-Bowl appearing QB Fran Tarkenton, and I celebrated the work of modern QBs for the Vikings including Brett Favre and others. The Vikings have never won a Super Bowl but have boasted incredible talents, and this diorama is about how 'Fran the fan's man' turned this 'nerdist' of media-fanfare of world-sports (soccer, tennis, football, basketball, etc., etc.) into an imaginarium cheer-leader of the game (specifically Vikings).



"Winning means being unafraid to lose" (Fran Tarkenton)



The home of the Vikings is a great US-city of which you may find 'outstanding' photos/imagery, and though I've never been there, it's easy to 'transport' the mind during the football-season, since the cheerleaders/fans make Fran's iconic team a toast to traffic.



I work at a radio-station and post cyber-blogs online about the splendors of Vikings sportsmanship and greatness, and I take photos of the cheerleaders/fans off the Internet, and this media/radio/net era is all about accessed stickers!



So who cares if the Vikings have never won a Super Bowl? Under the captaincy of 'Fran the fan's man' in the late 20th-Century, the awesome football squad gave the broadcast-era of sports a really 'cool' portrait of competitive spirit.



Do you realize how many football-draft hopefuls, coming out of college in the United States (or Canada!) seek to make a 'real splash' on the media-stage by joining the ranks of great contributors of Vikings team-spirit/fame? So, I bought my daughter (Ezzy) a toy phone, purple-people eater themed of course, and I tell her, "Call Tarkenton!" but I doubt she cares (like me).



The point of this strange personal diary write-up is that I just might end up remarrying (divorced!) and end up marrying...you guessed it, good folks of the United State...a Vikings cheerleader (of 'cool' doctorate).

====
"Money is everything" (Ecclesiastes)

© 2022 Abishai100


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

31 Views
Added on May 21, 2022
Last Updated on May 21, 2022
Tags: Fable, Modern

Author

Abishai100
Abishai100

NJ



About
Student/Minister; Hobbies: Comic Books, Culinary Arts, Music; Religion: Catholic; Education: Dartmouth College more..

Writing