Arctic-Station: Unit Dragon

Arctic-Station: Unit Dragon

A Story by Abishai100
"

A gov't ice-station composed of valiant members including captain 'Storm-Shadow' (Amlan Satan) vies with an invading 'alien-predator' man-dragon for endurance-IQ.

"
An ice-station 'misadventure' with alien proportion inspired by The Thing (John Carpenter), which may be the perfect midsummer note with which to retire from writing. Enjoy, 
----

====

Amlan Satan ('Storm-Shadow') was the manager of an Arctic ice-station for mining and monitoring of any dangerous activity on behalf of Western governments during the worldwide curious migration of militant soldiers from North Korea and China. He considered himself a 'Facebook-friendly' diplomat of ice-station defenses in modern time.



AMLAN SATAN (Diary): Everything was a-ok, until we faced a deadly masked 'alien-predator' with an IQ for bloody-murder.



Now, this bizarro 'alien-predator' with a helmet-mask and electric spear was unlike anything human beings encountered on Earth before, and Storm-Shadow (Amlan Satan) suddenly felt like a 'GI Joe' paramilitary specialist or perhaps even 'super'-hero from another dimension when he realized his unit in the Arctic would have to choreograph its own special/magical defenses against this horrid 'being' in the ice, and he trained all the members of his station to use special liquid-nitrogen 'ice-guns' to shoot the alien 'man-dragon' while defending their special 'colony' on behalf of the West.



AMLAN SATAN (Diary): The special 'ice-gun' training will enhance our bare-chances of facing the Predator with cooler IQ.



EMERGENCY TRANSMISSION: We request immediate backup armed/trained support to come in through our portal/airport in Bucharest for assistance in dealing with this mysterious/dangerous (armed!) 'Predator' alien being in the Arctic ice-station which may be choreographing either a sport-hunting 'exercise' on Earth or simply orchestrating Phase-1 of its bloody-murder marked Invasion; Bucharest airport has therefore become our 'special' assistance-portal for requisitions of immediate gov't aid.



Fortunately, PR-specialist for the West, Mr. Elliot, had picked-up on the emergency-communique from the gov't-force ice-station and decided to send a 'gift' to the enduring/surviving 'soldier' unit marshaled by Storm-Shadow (Amlan Satan) and promised that 'real' assistance would arrive quite soon...but Storm-Shadow ominously feared this 'polite-delay' was some kind of apologetics-rationale for the procession of anarchy for the journalism-reporting of the alien's 'evidential' hostile intent (making the station simply expendable!).



AMLAN SATAN (Diary): I thought I'd come here to be a human-warrior and fell in love with Shelbye (one of our members), but now I know this endurance-test, perhaps paralleling some 'serious' exercise choreographed by the dangerous alien-predator 'being' himself (who's already bloody murdered 3 of our 20 members/soldiers) puts this 'daydream' of vigilance and love in the background as simply a daydream.



Storm-Shadow survived the ordeal, as did his darling Shelbye, but 10 of the 20 members of the ice-station perished in the cold at the hands/spear of the deadly invading Predator alien 'being' out there, and when the survivors successfully froze the creature 'man-dragon' with their ice-guns in an encircling line of shooting, they breathed in relief at what was (ultimately!) a diary-entry about the resilience of humanity on Earth.



AMLAN SATAN (Diary): We fled after freezing the Predator but apparently it's vanished now...praying to oblivion.

====
"Money is everything" (Ecclesiastes)

© 2022 Abishai100


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

45 Views
Added on July 7, 2022
Last Updated on July 7, 2022
Tags: Fable, Modern, Sci-Fi

Author

Abishai100
Abishai100

NJ



About
Student/Minister; Hobbies: Comic Books, Culinary Arts, Music; Religion: Catholic; Education: Dartmouth College more..

Writing