Snow-Day: A Football Earthling*

Snow-Day: A Football Earthling*

A Story by Abishai100
"

A fan 'memoir' of an iconic 'Snow-Game' (NFL) invoking 'romanticism' regarding the 'life' of sports-fans for entertainment.

"
A toast to media-broadcast era (football), inspired by the 'hospitality' magic/intrigue thematics of the very fun American football movie Any Given Sunday (Oliver Stone). Thanks so much for reading (and Happy Thanksgiving November), 
DISCLAIMER: While this work of culture-sports fanfiction casts a real/live American football game, it offers no official/formal ties to the teams cited (Eagles-Lions) or the home-cities or any 'specific' claim regarding media expression(s). 
----
====

Welcome to my New England house, a winter-retreat where I'm to recount to you my special memoir of fantasy-football in United States, a special 'snow-game' in the 2013 season during which the Philadelphia Eagles, a team of great spirit, challenged the Thanksgiving-team, the Detroit Lions.



Incidentally, fantasy-football had become a special pastime in the United States, and it's because of a special media-access era 'social-love' of synthesized activity, be it in a cyber, gymnasium, Vegas, or storytelling environment! Fantasy-football aficionados/fans like to recreate/cast/synthesize various matchups and rivalries perfect for the 'chess' of sportsmanship on Earth (for the human race!).



My name's Amlan Satan, and I've been a cyber-writer of comics and short-stories for some time, and I live off some of my princely-inherited fortunes in America, as I'm originally from an Algerian royal family immigrated to the United States in the '80s. I consider TV-football one of the great pastime-activities of modern Earth, and I'm going to tell you a special 'adventure' fantasy concerning this 'fantastic' 2013 'Snow-Game' (Eagles-Lions) that I enjoyed in my New England winter-house and used for inspirations for social-media/Selfie included chats with fans in North America (ha).



So, I've this special 'football' figurine chess-set/board, which I consider one of those 'rare' treasures of human-society and a perfect 'diadem' of what made/makes sportsmanship an 'idealized' form of social network activity/consciousness in the post-9/11 age of commerce/consumerism bridges to globalism rhetoric. When I think of my football-chess trophy, I think of the 'quality' of human race sportsmanship, and why this 'Snow-Game' (2013) reminded many fans (Eagles-Lions) of the nature of human thought regarding choreographed (or synthesized!) lyrics for pro-athleticism.



As I enjoyed this Eagles-Lions 'snow-game' in 2013 in my winter New England house, I began to form 'ideas' in my brain-mind regarding the 'magic' of form and the access to the beauty-magic of competition-driven confidence and wonder. There's a 'wonder' to the life of competitive sports on TV that just might remind you of a fair-lady or 'lady-in-red' that invokes your youth-IQ regarding the real prettiness of the Earth's hospitality regarding media-windows into eternity (of course).



There I was, sitting in my cozy/warm New England inherited house-den and enjoying this 'fantastic' 2013 Eagles-Lions snow-game and thinking how I'd recreate the virtual athleticism on cyber-platforms (e.g., Facebook-chess) with my peers/associates/friends in the United States, people I knew who'd been immersed in the real grit commercial vanities on Earth (e.g., diamond-market electronics).



Sure, we've known for some time this is the 'age' of commercial electricity, the vibrant energy of toys and tech and wires and wireless phones and the cyber-grids facilitating all kinds of 'priority' communications, and it's why you'd 'catch' a wonder-rich 'snow-game' in the United States on your cable-TV (FiOS perhaps) and think about consumer-items/symbols/gems/toys symbolizing all this modern era 'splendor' for imaginariums (ha).



SPORTS-WRITER: In this new television-patriot world, in America, we see the rich magic of Eagles-Lions rivalry escalations.



So, as I continue this 'journal' presentation of what made this iconic matchup between the Philadelphia Eagles team of symbolic United States patriot-spirit and the Thanksgiving-team Detroit Lions so re-presentative of the 'nature' of Western civilization media 'access' to social-activity/consciousness, I'd like to relay to you firstly that the first-stages of the game, with a tight/close score, in that dense-thick falling snow on Earth, reminded fans/audiences/writers of the simple 'beauty' or 'chess' of sportsmanship-driven execution.



I mean, you can't say enough to fans of 'Fantasy-Football' regarding what makes the Eagles/Lions teams of such symbolic social/sports value. One's a patriot-spirit team of great underdog fury, sometimes climbing to wondrous heights, while the other's become a 'Thanksgiving-synonym' of media-age hospitality and family-gathering imagination.



When I think of my 'beautiful' lady-in-red painting or image or artwork in my brain-mind and 'link' it to the experience of viewing this Snow-Game (Eagles-Lions) in my cozy New England winter-house that 2013 wintry reason, I realize that the quality of accessible fortune in the United States, and the bond in the spirit to the imagery of romance, invokes the 'hologram' of perfect love, as it relates to the 'chess' of pro-athletics, and its relative closeness to the idea of physical beauty (wow).



Imagine then I tell you that during this 'Snow-Game' (Eagles-Lions), I was visited by a 'host' of invisibility-cloaked 'dragon' Martians (aliens!) who wanted to challenge me in a speed-game of stalemate-dared chess during the Halftime of the Eagles-Lions matchup! Imagine further I suggest that I 'achieved' this stalemate and drew a sovereignty-diplomacy 'accord' with the invader-aliens who 'congratulated' me for the speed-chess stalemate achievement and allowed me to 'peacefully' return to my Snow-Game home-TV experience while they'd now 'officially' retreat into the Earth deep-ocean abyss as self-exiled isolationist (with a 'promise' of no future race contact/invasion agenda!). Would you think that such a Halftime-'show' regarding this 'Martian' visit would only 'highlight' this beautiful vanity (regarding pro-athletics ergonomics)? Sure, you would!



You would, simply because media-age access to sportsmanship/football and the 'chess' of media-broadcast era sports signals a real human distance regarding the 'cinematic' magic of what makes competition-consciousness (in capitalist America!) a 'color' for energizer-storytelling (hmm). It's a human race 'thing' of nativity, no?



I've yet to meet my 'lady-in-red' whom I 'dreamt' after the Snow-Game (2013), but my daughter (from my first marriage) Ezzy has this red-fashion suntanned Barbie-doll whom she considers a 'cool' lady-in-red to hold in her hands while she watches Sunday football with her daddy (ha).



"Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that" (Bill Shankly).

====
"Money is everything" (Ecclesiastes)

© 2022 Abishai100


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

I remember that game, it was as if the snow didn't even exist when Lesean McCoy had the ball in his hands. There was no stopping him that day.

Posted 1 Year Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

42 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on November 4, 2022
Last Updated on November 4, 2022
Tags: Fable, Modern, Sports

Author

Abishai100
Abishai100

NJ



About
Student/Minister; Hobbies: Comic Books, Culinary Arts, Music; Religion: Catholic; Education: Dartmouth College more..

Writing
Dark Tenant Dark Tenant

A Story by Abishai100


Oscar Bound Oscar Bound

A Story by Abishai100