American Mall-English

American Mall-English

A Story by Abishai100
"

Portrait of a Windy-City mall visit creating superstition/friendship/commerce for 3 peculiar adult-pals of Western definition.

"
A capitalism 'street-lore' philosophy or vignette very loosely inspired by the 'excellent' Western-world culture-film Mallrats (Jason Lee). Enjoy (and Happy Holidays!), 
DISCLAIMER: The images used herein reflect no direct/official view(s) of the city of Chicago and are therefore re-presented as purely a personal/fictional work of social traffic expression. 
----
====

It was a nice Xmas-season of shopping approaching in Chicago, and three special folks decided randomly to converge inside the iconic shopping-mall and discover some of the everyday charms of normal life but had something special on their minds, perhaps separately and together simultaneously (ha).



AMLAN: Look at that 'stranger' dude walking in full-gear and mask down the street, buds?
TEDDY: Maybe he thinks he's part of a chemical-warfare protest campaign about to kick-off ahead of the Super-Bowl, right?
ESMERELDA: Let's just get to the mall, fellows.



The three individuals converged at a Starbucks before heading to the Chicago mall and en-route had spotted the 'stranger' fellow in gas-mask and raincoat/gear and perhaps arguably was darting to some chemical-war street-protest or 'event' in the challenging Windy City in this new era of strange 'chess' ideations of capitalism blended with competitive Ego (ha).



TEDDY: I'm an architect...I think like an architect...I think about design/streets...maybe this Selfie-culture is about chatting.



ESMERELDA: I like making this mall-trip an 'exercise' for drawing Amlan/Teddy out of some commercial Ego/FaceTime.



AMLAN: We're to the Pro-Image Sports store first; I have to see if they've this Eagles-Cunningham rookie-diamond, ok?



Amlan was the most eccentric of the mall-trip in Chicago that Xmas-season, since he'd been the choreographer of the Porcellian chess-society (cyber) and wanted a special Cunningham early-career pro-football spirits 'capitalist' sports card to accent his social-media work with capitalism-driven chess-play for youth-education and Selfie-culture chat(s).



The mall was busy, as expected for an Xmas-season, and you might think a random shopping-day you'd see yielded a patterned/designed photo-spread for North American traffic Ego, regardless if you're Catholic or Protestant (ha). This is Western-world 'human race' consumerism, worthy of defense(s).



AMLAN: What the hell are you doing here on a Saturday, Shelbye?
SHELBYE: Just because I'm your 'ex' (now), Amlan Satan, doesn't mean I can't be found 'randomly' for a mall-Selfie (for me!).
AMLAN: Alright, alright; I'm with 'Ezzy' (now) anyway; anyways, I'm just here (Xmas) for a Randal Cunningham cyber-thing.



STORE-OWNER: Yes, I have the card (now) for you, Mr. Satan.
AMLAN: It's about time...I came here with my two best-pals of the Windy City (Teddy/Ezzy) to showcase/buy this diamond!
STORE-OWNER: I'd anticipated such an Xmas-thing, Mr. Satan.
AMLAN: I'll give you a $1K for it, cool fellow (ha)!



ESMERELDA: I just saw a stranger 'specter' walking by and started to think I was in a cinema-project; it was real (a ghost!).
AMLAN: It was a Martian.



"Socialism states that you owe me something simply because I exist. Capitalism, by contrast, results in a sort of reality-forced altruism: I may not want to help you, I may dislike you, but if I don't give you a product or service you want, I will starve. Voluntary exchange is more moral than forced redistribution" (Ben Shapiro).

====
"Money is everything" (Ecclesiastes)

© 2022 Abishai100


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

30 Views
Added on December 7, 2022
Last Updated on December 7, 2022
Tags: Fable, Modern

Author

Abishai100
Abishai100

NJ



About
Student/Minister; Hobbies: Comic Books, Culinary Arts, Music; Religion: Catholic; Education: Dartmouth College more..

Writing