Canada's Lantern-H+

Canada's Lantern-H+

A Story by Abishai100
"

Can Toronto street vigilance offer a comic-like 'vision' of heated history?

"
A parody about modern treasure-security fears/angst, inspired by the fun street-humor colors of Quick Change (Bill Murray), which I hope you like, 
----
====

I'd been living in New England for some time now, after graduating from Dartmouth (New Hampshire) and I decided to follow some blood-diamond news-trails leading all around North America and felt worries about gem-market insurance journals possibly tied to rogue terrorism finances, drawing me to the Canadian city of Toronto, home of the Blue-Jays and Maple-Leafs, where I thought to choreography my own special modern 'super-hero' mission to perform a heist of some bonds belonging to a ruthless baron and make a safe-box deposit/swap with counterfeit Canadian notes (ha).



I decided to take a special Camarro from a used-lot for a very modest price and painted it to look like a 'classic' cop-car and pulled up to the bank after calling ahead to request the manager and a guardsman greet me at the parked/painted cop-car for a special social-media message 'encounter' involving the inspection of the ruthless baron's bank safe-box.



BANK MANAGER: "Everyone wears Coronavirus-masks on the streets of Canada these days, and this stranger gentleman of Toronto pulled up in that 'cool' painted classic cop-car, a 1968 Camarro, wearing a Coronavirus-mask and hat and sunglasses and telling us of his social-media 'stunt' to inspect the bank box of Baron Goldfinger and intended to greet this media-stuntman with a special bank balloon-pageantry that day (wow)."



GUARDSMAN: So, you're not a policeman anymore?
ME: No, indeed not, good-fellow, but I've been hired by a Goldfinger-associate.
GUARDSMAN: Why'd you carry that toy water-rifle, sir?
ME: Take me to the Goldfinger-safe/box, and I'll show you, good-fellow!
GUARDSMAN: Alright...sounds like a 'cool' social-media insurance post.
ME: That's what this is...a commentary-drawing personality 'humor' for insurance-checks.



Once inside the bank-box area of Goldfinger's holding(s), I revealed to the escorting guardsman that my toy water-rifle was filled with acid and instructed him to cover the security camera with a thick cloth inside my briefcase.

GUARDSMAN: What's this about...now?
ME: You're going to take photos of me burning into Goldfinger's box.
GUARDSMAN: Why cover the security-camera?
ME: All for theater...this is a prepaid stunt...the metal-box will be replaced.
GUARDSMAN: I don't understand, sir.
ME: Sure, ya do...the box contains counterfeit bonds to be swapped.
GUARDSMAN: With counterfeit notes (ha)?
ME: Excellence; I'll depart and you'll present the photos to the media.
GUARDSMAN: What's the 'full' message here, sir?
ME: That Golddinger's got some 'funny' hero insurance-net buds!
GUARDSMAN: Alright.



You see, once the stunt-heist was completed, Goldfinger had to report on social/media and in journals that mock-messaging concerning the insurance-integrity of his invested North American bonds reflected no conflict-zone/blood-diamond motions into Toronto, regardless of what his 'mysterious' associate wished to communicate by sending me in my ex-cop car with 'prepaid' holdings-box photo-session for this Canadian message about the 'acidity' of treasure-humor (for insurance!).



BANK MANAGER: "The bunch of counterfeit Canadian notes left in the Goldfinger-box by the mystery-man in exchange for the 'drawn' Goldfinger-bonds, 'rumored' to be tied to blood-diamond journals, suggests to us that this 'ex-cop' was some kind of Interpol-relation 'stuntman' creating some 'vigilante' humor Toronto market write for a 'covert' game of Canadian hope (hmm)."



That's the tale of this heist, friends. It involved the swap of notes-for-bonds and drew Interpol-relation inquiry surrounding gem-insurance integrity/investments tied to rogue terrorism financing and moved me to create a 'cool' alien-invader chess-game matrix presentation on Canadian social-media, to draw even cooler social commentary regarding post-9/11 era North American 'paranoia' surrounding treasure dominion hatred (sure).



INQUIRER: Do you consider yourself some kind of bank-insurance journalist?
ME: Not really...just a 'face' in the crowd for an expression of home.



Do you know what I did with my high-art, for this vigilance-action on blood-diamond inquiry in Canada/Toronto --- I bought, among other things, a ton of Jets cheerleader trade-cards, for a brand new social-media 'diorama' hyping all the flowery of commerce-life securities, creating a spotlight on the quality of North American high-jinks (wow). All good superstition may lead to a capitalist-race hysteria, no?



When people asked me what my new cyber-storytelling alias would involve/include as a fun comics-avatar, I explained, "The 'coolest' character I can think of to cast this Western-world 'action' for treasure-securities/insurance hospitality is, of course, the happy Lantern (of heavens!)."



"Doing well is the result of doing good. That's what capitalism is all about" (Ralph Waldo Emerson).

====
"Money is everything" (Ecclesiastes)

© 2023 Abishai100


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

43 Views
Added on March 25, 2023
Last Updated on March 25, 2023
Tags: Fable, Modern

Author

Abishai100
Abishai100

NJ



About
Student/Minister; Hobbies: Comic Books, Culinary Arts, Music; Religion: Catholic; Education: Dartmouth College more..

Writing