Wendy's Ghost: Voorhees (Jersey)

Wendy's Ghost: Voorhees (Jersey)

A Story by Abishai100
"

Portrait of small-town ghost-lore set in a summer-season of fast-food heat and mall-lot carnival heavens (for all of us).

"
Just a smalltown community-views oriented ghost-tale set in NJ/USA. Thanks for reading! 
----
====

Amlan Satan moved from Algiers/Algeria to Voorhees (South Jersey, United States) and liked visiting his local eatery, a fast-food 'dive' of American Homeland symbolism and hospitality called Wendy's, and he'd become a 'regular' patron or customer and grew to become a handshake-man of the establishment of fast-food examinations and experience in this new age of commerce-life traffic views (hmm).



AMLAN SATAN: "I'd liken this Wendy's establishment to a 'fine' eatery in Algeria, where I'd known a 'sage-like' man who'd sell zesty pea-sandwiches (with sauce!), but America's much more for hospitality-life drawn for coolness in social-media culture/commentary, which is what makes me 'fond' of this capitalism-race expression for Western hand."



It's true; Wendy's really had become quite an American 'icon' of hospitality and commerce-life traffic and commentary on social-media in this modern age of capitalism-race 'flowery' for money-and-heroes!



Well, it was the cool summer-season of Homeland life in the United States and Voorhees (South Jersey) would see a 'fantastic' carnival come through and draw the interest of our protagonist (Mr. Satan) who found a nice weekly car-hop from Wendy's to the carnival, in the shopping-mall lot-area and would find the 'gumption' for a special magical tale about wrought American confidence in this age of great traffic/superstitions (hmm).



JOURNAL: "My goodness, me; I beheld the vision of a stranger specter I'd not think to witness or behold while at the carnival, visiting one summer-night from Wendy's and started to think she'd wish to become one of my storyboard inspirations for my Homeland ghost-tale, but was this 'vision' a reflection of my interest in writing or was she 'real' and prompted me to write something greater while I'd been enjoying my Wendy's potatoes-and-soda at the carnival (this summer)?"



WENDY'S MANAGER: You 'believe' this ghost originates (somehow) at our eatery, Amlan?
SATAN: It's true; I think she 'prompted' me to make some tale-connection (here)!
WENDY'S MANAGER: Me thinks you've spun a yarn for a local lore of paranoia (ha).
SATAN: No, no; I'm 'certain' now this 'specter' of afterlife-fear is somehow from here.
WENDY'S MANAGER: Maybe she's prompting you to feel like a 'ninja' for hire (hmm).
SATAN: Alright.



Well, our protagonist of the Homeland (Voorhees) did indeed decide to craft this special Homeland specter-superstition 'tall-tale' about the vision of that stranger specter at the shopping-mall area carnival that summer and shared his tale of wrought and discovered superstitions in the United States, which he'd compare and comment on (in social media) to a patriotism-view of what makes American life so 'incompletely' heady --- an examination for social-traffic hardships (for all of us).



JOURNAL: "Perhaps that specter who moved me to write that Homeland specter-tale of encounters with superstition in Voorhees would invoke in me that special 'drawing' of all that's simply American for this age of invention in traffic-experience handhelds...perhaps America's home."



"Doing well is the result of doing good. That's what capitalism is all about" (Ralph Waldo Emerson). 

====
"Money is everything" (Ecclesiastes)

© 2023 Abishai100


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

36 Views
Added on May 24, 2023
Last Updated on May 24, 2023
Tags: Fable, Modern

Author

Abishai100
Abishai100

NJ



About
Student/Minister; Hobbies: Comic Books, Culinary Arts, Music; Religion: Catholic; Education: Dartmouth College more..

Writing
Grifter-Ago Grifter-Ago

A Story by Abishai100