Pardon-Miracle(s)

Pardon-Miracle(s)

A Story by Abishai100
"

Daddy and adopted-girl of Homeland-Jersey contend with a masked 'stranger' for an examination requiring ultra-brains.

"
An offbeat tale of home-securities paranoia, inspired (very loosely) by the dark-vision aesthetic/design of the original home-invasion 'colored' film The Strangers (Liv Tyler). Hope you like it, 
----
====

AMLAN: Wow, this Echelon-Voorhees townhouse as the amenity-chess look of sanity!
PENNY: You're the best dad a girl would want to have moved to a new-town/school.
AMLAN: Just because you're adopted, Penny, doesn't mean you're not my little-girl!
PENNY: Alright, Mr. Amlan Satan; I'll decorate our new Jersey haven with color(s).
AMLAN: As Halloween fast approaches, Penny, I craft a new writer's concept for IQ.
PENNY: Maybe a superstitious tale of social-media friendly residence-magic in USA.
AMLAN: Sounds like 'good' photo-synthesis, my little-girl (thanx).



Mr. Satan (Amlan), an Ivy-prof now living in South Jersey, delighted in the simplified comforts of his new (shared) home with adopted-daughter/darling (Penny) who'd inspired him to 'craft' a new writer's concept he might 'reference' or inference for his local cyber-homeschooling project (NewActiVision) and seek a community welcome laurel 'expression' as Halloween fast approached. Their (shared) home had everything dad/daughter could want, and Amlan created a nice social-media commentary about new-town move(s) in this Homeland Selfie-culture of 'wrought' incomplete-distances to (real) folk-personality for securities/sanity!



However, it wouldn't be the writing that would 'catch' the eye of the community members who read Amlan Satan's posts about new-town superstitions but his shared/online recipes of great 'instant' magic, since he was (after all) a self-taught 'master-class' chef, and besides boasted other nifty (ultra-American) hobbies like sports-cards collecting (ha). Penny remarked how her (adopting) beloved-father (Amlan Satan) had become something of an Echelon-Voorhees-Homeland 'micro-cyber-celebrity' for social-media photo-synthesis drawing hospitality readings for 'basic' and gorgeous American comforts/psychology (surely).



PENNY: Daddy, there's a 'stranger' knocking on the door, an adult (in mask); eerie!
AMLAN: Don't fear a thing, little-girl; I trust he's nothing to do with our life-locks.
PENNY: This guy looks really strange, Mr. Satan --- he complimented me on my hair.
AMLAN: Nah, he's just noticing your nice school-uniform (Eustace), Penny girl.
PENNY: He said he demands to speak with the owner of the household (you)!
AMLAN: Alright, alright...wait in your bedroom and take Selfies and relax (now).
PENNY: I'll do that, dad...just think of something else; please be wise, man.
AMLAN: Hey, all I wanna do is make a nice Halloween-Selfie post for kids tonight!



STRANGER: Thanx for coming to the door, Mr. Satan.
AMLAN: You know my name, masked fellow?
STRANGER: What's so stranger about masked-knock on Halloween, Amlan?
AMLAN: You know me (or something), stranger?
STRANGER: I've read your posts (recipes, hobbies, fun-stuff, stories, etc.).
AMLAN: Thanx...I'm a teacher you know, fellow.
STRANGER: I require something very dire from your residence-claim of happiness!
AMLAN: What's that?
STRANGER: I have a concealed weapon, and I'll force may way in; bloody-murder.
AMLAN: Are you being nasty with me for no 'good' reason, man?
STRANGER: I'll pardon you and your darling (adopted) girl on one test-condition.
AMLAN: How can I refuse such a new-town 'proposal' of bad-welcoming threat?
STRANGER: You can't, Mr. Dad...I want you two procure two items of great value.
AMLAN: Two items of value...for you...with some, what, patriot-IQ color/cool?
STRANGER: If I'm impressed...your haven's pardoned, by me (and by my clan).
AMLAN: Your clan...of what the Cave-Wolf?
STRANGER: Just do as I request, and you'll be considered a 'pardoned' haven-house.
AMLAN: Fine, fine...please give me 30 minutes to select the right magical things.
STRANGER: Good.



Well, the Stranger that Halloween-eve really did like Amlan's first 'trophy' he presented, hoping to impress the masked/evil home-invader with this new-town 'welcome-threat' for test-passage/rites (on behalf of his mystery-wolf clan!). This first item, a mod-classic patriot-comic book issue highlighting an 'American' Homeland love of intelligence-warfare and infiltrations 'chess-stalemates' seemed to 'catch' all the fine matter of a world-at-stake in this new millennium. The Stranger was pleased, thinking he'd feel 'enriched' about reading the comic about 'wrought' art-of-materialism. However, the 2nd 'trophy' item (from Western media 'culture') didn't please the evil-man (one iota).



STRANGER: What's the hell is this, dad?
AMLAN: Why, it's a 'fantastic' Redick-Philadelphia (basketball) diamond, man.
STRANGER: Who's the hell's Redick, Mr. Amlan Satan?
AMLAN: Why, he'd been a 'canonized' college-athletics (Duke) prince, fellow!
STRANGER: So...what?
AMLAN: A grad of competition/education, now part of the City of Brothers, see.
STRANGER: You want me to accept this 76ers-item for what message of Americans?
AMLAN: I think you might guess it, fellow...it's one of (pure) sportsmanship-IQ.
STRANGER: What's the message to take (for my clan), Mr. Satan?
AMLAN: Tell your 'buddies' (for me/Penny)...this visit was (all) Halloween-TV.



Amlan Satan had received his pardon-miracle(s), for himself/Penny, when the masked/evil 'stranger' consented to accept the 'trophies' he presented as worthy of Homeland culture 'excellence' (for ornamentation/bureaucracy). In fact, he wrote (the following-day) on social media, "There's a magic in the symbols/art of wrought 'American' culture/education for those (incomplete) icons of what's simply a capitalism-race 'chess' gratuity (for encounters with towers)."



"Doing well is the result of doing good. That's what capitalism is all about" (Ralph Waldo Emerson). 

====
"Money is everything" (Ecclesiastes)

© 2023 Abishai100


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

44 Views
Added on November 2, 2023
Last Updated on November 2, 2023
Tags: Fable, Modern

Author

Abishai100
Abishai100

NJ



About
Student/Minister; Hobbies: Comic Books, Culinary Arts, Music; Religion: Catholic; Education: Dartmouth College more..

Writing