Super Market Phantom

Super Market Phantom

A Story by Abishai100
"

A Homeland prince finds some cool distance for lifestyle at a super-market where meditations of convenience/consumerism afford confidence but then encounters a 'phantom' and a 'working' mentalism.

"
A world-pedestrianism 'superstition' fable, drawn loosely from the lifestyle 'metaphysics' concepts of the supernatural-masterpiece film Ghost (Jerry Zucker). 
----
====

Amlan Satan had been busy composing special capitalism-race superstitions stories online and then began to feel the 'mentalism' pinch of being overburdened by the weight/density of civilization-labyrinth intrigue or metaphysics and simply needed a 'cool' break from all this work with Earth-world complication and decided to invest in some convenience-comforting social-media/Selfie culture amenities for simplified personality readings and networking for everyday-life conversations (phew).



EZZY: I come here most Sunday afternoons, Mr. Satan.
AMLAN: You're a pretty woman, I wager I mean, under your Coronavirus-mask.
EZZY: Ha, how'd you know/think I didn't have (like) crooked-teach (of a witch)?
AMLAN: Yeah, well, the mask seems to expose just-enough 'visage' for compliment!
EZZY: Well, thanx man, you seem quite the 'relaxed-life' bro, at least here/now.
AMLAN: Yeah, I've been unwinding from life's more 'dark' realities, seeing through.
EZZY: Good for you, man...maybe we'd get some Olive Garden lunch (sometime)?
AMLAN: Sounds intriguing, pretty-woman; I might spin this 'date' into a story-IQ.
EZZY: Aha, a social-media 'culture' yarn about everyday cool, eh?



Well, all seemed well/right for this Earth-prince, having unwound from the 'darker' complexity of capitalism-race 'labyrinth' or superstitions-writings and having met a nice 'pretty-woman' to share these more relaxed-lifestyle ideations with when something (once-more) changed for him. This time around, it was something more 'super-natural' that redirected Mr. Satan's life/consciousness, and it came in the form of a mysterious phantom-entity, which he nicknamed Scream, given its strange facial-visage of 'shock' emotion/appearance, and the specter, which he spotted wandering the aisles of the supermarket where he shopped, seemed like some kind of ghostly-apparition only he'd be able to see! Wow, what would this mean for his sense of sanity? He thought about that iconic Munch-art about the 'visage' of a man 'caught' in the matrix of the world in a solid-state of 'simplified' shock-inspiration (hmm).



Amlan had been enjoying a nice world-exchange symbolic soft/zesty (Indian) luchi-bread thanksgiving-diner plate chat(s) one Sunday after returning from the supermarket where he shopped when he thought about that 'Scream' phantom/specter he spotted there roaming in the aisles as a ghost, and he wondered if this newfound 'sense' of Realism instilled in him the sort of pedestrian/lifestyle paranoia indicative of this post-9/11 era Homeland of those 'incomplete-distances' to traffic/IQ confidence and sanity (for hospitality-readings).

SATAN: Pearl Harbor and 9/11 made 'scars' about Homeland traffic simplicity.
GIRLFRIEND: There's a 'bread' remedy for capitalism-civilization's 'woes' of math!



Maybe Amlan's girlfriend was right and that (once-more) he simply needed some personal/consciousness 'dosage' of comforting and unwinding self-reflection for mentalism so as to 'retreat' from those deep-thoughts of Earth-traffic layers (of complexity!) that surfaced images (or holograms) of certain complicating 'stark' photo-graphics of undeniable physical bells. Maybe that 'Scream' phantom he spotted at the Homeland supermarket was a 'reflection' of all that he'd conceived of while contemplating those 'incomplete-distances' to traffic/lifestyle 'complications' created by manmade/unnatural forms for simplified...beauty (wow).



"Doing well is the result of doing good. That's what capitalism is all about" (Ralph Waldo Emerson). 

====
"Money is everything" (Ecclesiastes)

© 2023 Abishai100


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

41 Views
Added on November 3, 2023
Last Updated on November 3, 2023
Tags: Fable, Modern

Author

Abishai100
Abishai100

NJ



About
Student/Minister; Hobbies: Comic Books, Culinary Arts, Music; Religion: Catholic; Education: Dartmouth College more..

Writing