Homeland Defense: Roadie

Homeland Defense: Roadie

A Story by Abishai100
"

Can retired service-folk fend off the adversarial challenge of a 'nasty' messenger (from another dimension) with a statement (for American fields)?

"
A world-philosophy vignette featuring the 'nasty' horror-avatar Creeper (Jeepers-Creepers). Happy Xmas! 
----
====

AMLAN: This new Sturbridge-house is great for lifestyle-restorations post-9/11.
MARCUS: Homeland confidence medicine for American wording real estate!
EZZY: Seems we've found some environment-spacing for Earth-forces/healing.
DANICA: Those who'd been close to 9/11 (like us!) need this photo-synthesis.
AMLAN: For home-grown memory cures (of Earth-scars)...wow.



The Star-Force of operatives working in the Homeland as NYC relief/security on 9/11 were happy to be awarded a special (Sturbridge) retirement package for their echelon-duty of serious Earth/American tribulations honors. Now, their new home was the 'palace' of shared dreams hopefully, to transcend the pure horror of American terrain invasion by an 'alien' body, drawing all forms for social-media culture 'friendly' Selfie-commentary (for bureaucracy).



Amlan decided to start doing some home-research with microfiche concerning Roswell-records and crop-circles lore about ancient-aliens (Egypt-theories, etc.) and became fascinated by Homeland/invasion 'concepts' for a self-confidence for those distances to dominion-controls. This was no surprise, as he'd obviously been 'scarred' by Homeland invasion (9/11) and found soothing leviathan-escapism. After all, microfiche readings were quite the mind-yoga for him, something he adored since Dartmouth (hmm).



Folks, this isn't a normal story about Homeland forces retiring and finding post-heroics life-affirming activity in a shared (Sturbridge) home for echelon-duty escapism! After the Star-Force (Amlan/Marcus/Ezzy/Danica) just settled into their retirement 'palace' in New Jersey (USA) in the summer of '23 and prepared to cheer the upcoming Halloween season, they were wondering what their suburbia-area would create/promote for Devil's Night, the annual night of (semi-observed) 'mischief' that comes before Halloween Eve (Oct.-30). Well, an 'intrigue' is what they encountered, in the form of a messenger from Hell with a hat and coat and zombie-like visage and eerie demeanor. This messenger called himself the Creeper and wielded a medieval silver-shiny battle-axe (for show) and had bat-wings and was flying above the Star-Force (Sturbridge) home on Devil's Night when Amlan took-stock of him (while taking out garbage!).

AMLAN: What the hell is that thing...(not a Facebook joke (no) for Oct.-30)?



CREEPER: Your house-buddy sighted me...zooming around in night-sky (now)!
STAR_FORCE: We face you (here/now) as a quartet of patriots on Devil's Night.
CREEPER: My name's the Creeper; and I'm a messenger from the dark-side (IQ).
STAR_FORCE: Are you the Devil?
CREEPER: It's not of concern if I'm from Hell or Mars; but I challenge your world!
STAR_FORCE: Are you here to debate with us (or something)?
CREEPER: Something like that...to see if your 'race' warrants pardon for vanity.
STAR_FORCE: Vanities of American capitalism-race design/lifestyle, Creeper?
CREEPER: Correct-o; I can see your house-buddy (Amlan?) is a nerdy-type/reader.
STAR_FORCE: Right-o; Marcus is a gun-smith; Ezzy likes photos; Danica religion.
CREEPER: You're a 'good' cross-section of American (Earth) culture/confidence.
STAR_FORCE: What's your concern/discussion about 'warranting' our world-IQ?
CREEPER: I want you to defend American 'traffic' as worthy of comfort(s).
STAR_FORCE: From what?
CREEPER: All kinds of 'troubles' and 'complexity' and conflict and corruption.
STAR_FORCE: We know the answer --- it's in the 'ghost-magic' of diaries.
CREEPER: Damn.



Amlan made 'toast' of the Star-Force relieving defiance-stand against the Creeper's adversarial challenge of Homeland/American culture on Devil's Night with a world-exchange 'symbolic' culinary-treat soft/zesty (Indian) luchi-bread thanksgiving-diner plate chat(s) to recount the (actual) miracle wrought at Sturbridge for (serious) echelon-duty cheers. HIs house-buddies and him had found real metaphysics in a world-defense 'statement' for the bread of capitalism-culture (America), and perhaps for any kind of fortune-erosion (wow).



"Doing well is the result of doing good. That's what capitalism is all about" (Ralph Waldo Emerson). 

====
"Money is everything" (Ecclesiastes)

© 2023 Abishai100


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

52 Views
Added on December 10, 2023
Last Updated on December 10, 2023
Tags: Fable, Modern

Author

Abishai100
Abishai100

NJ



About
Student/Minister; Hobbies: Comic Books, Culinary Arts, Music; Religion: Catholic; Education: Dartmouth College more..

Writing