Lantern/Creeper: Mummers

Lantern/Creeper: Mummers

A Story by Abishai100
"

Can heroes of Earth challenge a messenger from the dark-side for a 'matter' of city-event laurels (and pride)?

"
A world-defense vignette featuring the heroic Green Lantern Corps (DC Comics) and the 'nasty' Creeper (Jeepers-Creepers). Happy Xmas! 
----
====

The Green Lantern Corps was composed of 4 rather erudite Homeland-American defenders, Amlan and Marcus and Ezzy and Danica, and were about to engage a hellish messenger of anarchism and bloody-murder named Creeper for a social-media culture commentary of distances to life/traffic culture confidence in the post-9/11 era landscape of bureaucracy-complexity (for all!).



AMLAN: As captain of the Lantern-Corps, we meet Creeper-IQ with capitalism-IQ.
MARCUS: Agreed, cap; we defend the laurel(s) of fortune-reading in America!
EZZY: The Mummers-Parade (event) in the City of Brotherly Love is real chess?
DANICA: Surely, Ezzy; we'll counter-point to Creeper-darkness in terrorism.



The Creeper was a nasty sort from the dark-side of the imagination, and he represented all the hideousness of badly-worded nihilism yielding dangerous anarchy, and he wished to create a contention for the heroic Green Lantern Corps with a special 'talk' about distances to materialism/arts for securities in the post-9/11 era Homeland as the New Year approached in December '23, and Americans wished (simply) to think of the quality of Earth's image for bureaucracy-securities (and magic!).



AMLAN: Me thinks we array our history-acumen for Creeper-talk for Philly!
MARCUS: Agreed, cap; Creeper-terrorism IQ challenges the Mummers Parade.
EZZY: We may think of the lushness of Lantern-corps history in the universe?
DANICA: Surely, Ezzy; we must combine the legends of lanterns (for sanity!).



The Mummers Parade came in Philadelphia, and the Lantern-Corps (Amlan/Marcus/Ezzy/Danica) spotted the bat-winged soaring Creeper (from Hell!) in the skies (high-up in the cloudy-skies) and hoped to 'snatch' him down for a city-rooftop debate to exile the creature to the deep-ocean abyss, for a hand-write concerning photo-synthesis of social media 'culture' confidence in this mod-millennium of terrorism/angst for festivity and art(s).



CREEPER: You're a band of merry-idealists for radio-city defense(s), eh?
LANTERN-CORPS: We've 'snatched' you down to the city-roof for argument!
CREEPER: You wish to 'move' me to deep-ocean abyss self-exile for chess/IQ?
LANTERN-CORPS: You may 'study' our civilization/behaviors with safe distance.
CREEPER: Alright; but you must prove your defense-IQ for capitalism/media-life.
LANTERN-CORPS: Fine; we've no contention America breeds energy/mischief.
CREEPER: Good; this dualism between energy and mischief is a capitalism-worry?
LANTERN-CORPS: It sure is; well, we think the defense lay in the bread of chess.
CREEPER: What's the stalemate-concern for Philadelphia love (or crimes)?
LANTERN-CORPS: The 'ledgers' kept between law and insanity signal writing.
CREEPER: Writing (language-arts)?
LANTERN-CORPS: That's right; study our world from the ocean-abyss with WiFi.
CREEPER: Sounds cool; I can do that (actually); you argue for 'worldly' critique!
LANTERN-CORPS: It's settled; you stay secret; we make Earth-IQ photo-art(s).
CREEPER: Good (for bureaucracy).



With the Creeper self-exiled to the deep-ocean abyss, Amlan and Marcus and Ezzy and Danica found relief/comforts in the knowledge that the Mummers-Parade was secured for social media 'culture' and commentary. Why'd the Creeper seek the destabilization of the Philly-street(s) event? How'd the Lantern-Corps find that 'ghost-magic' of world-culture defenses for superstition? This had become a strange-telephone tale of that 'art' of patriotism invention (for dialysis).



"Doing well is the result of doing good. That's what capitalism is all about" (Ralph Waldo Emerson). 

====
"Money is everything" (Ecclesiastes)

© 2023 Abishai100


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

44 Views
Added on December 10, 2023
Last Updated on December 10, 2023
Tags: Fable, Modern

Author

Abishai100
Abishai100

NJ



About
Student/Minister; Hobbies: Comic Books, Culinary Arts, Music; Religion: Catholic; Education: Dartmouth College more..

Writing