Airport '23

Airport '23

A Story by Abishai100
"

Why'd Earth-transit (airport!) magic be a 'generator' for some form for new millennium superstitious deviance-art (for bureaucracy)?

"
A holiday-season nod to the classic paranoia 'art' of the transit-series of Airport films. Thanks for reading, 
----
====

Amlan and Marcus decided to visit their fave-airport in the summer of '23 for a Euro-currency journal-write in the new millennium of transit/exchange confidence language-arts for globalism-rhetoric and antiterrorism 'expressions' of (serious) superstition-charms and hoped to find 'cool' photo-synthesis of world-traffic bureaucracy (for magic!).



MARCUS: Isn't your lady-friend at that Italian terminal for this journey?
AMLAN: My ex-wife, not lady-friend, pal; but I'm going to reconcile (somehow).
MARCUS: Sounds like a hip social media (personnel) commentary, Amlan.
AMLAN: It can be...but I'm worried about something else (now), airport-IQ.
MARCUS: What's it?
AMLAN: I got an email from my estranged twin/brother (Ajay) about panic.
MARCUS: Estranged.
AMLAN: We were separated at-birth; he grew up wayward; communicated.
MARCUS: He's your 'proverbial' evil-twin, Amlan.
AMLAN: I don't doubt it, Marcus; and I fear for some social-media gesture.
MARCUS: Airport?
AMLAN: Airport, Euro, an airline, uncertain (for comment).



Well, despite Amlan's misgivings following the communication(s) received from Ajay (his estranged 'wayward' brother), he and Marcus were resolved to make this world-transit 'examination' a cool world-infrastructure photo-graphics for inventive securities feelings in Earth-time, given all the hype with antiterrorism imagery. Amlan wanted a Brussels-sprout magic en-route to Europe and sought to (equally) reconcile with his ex-darling (Esmerelda) inside O'Hare.



EZZY: You caught me enjoying (Indian) luchi-bread inside the court, eh?
AMLAN: I stalked you, Esmerelda.
EZZY: Don't want to call me by my nickname (you gave)?
AMLAN: I get a sense I'm drawn to you by fate inside O'Hare today, Esmerelda.
EZZY: You have a 'nasty' worry-feeling in your spirit, Amlan.
AMLAN: Well, yes, see, my bother...
EZZY: Brother?
AMLAN: Estranged...never told you about him...he emailed me something.
EZZY: What, he's your evil-twin, Amlan?
AMLAN: Something like that, Esmerelda; boy, that luchi's zesty, hon.
EZZY: Thanx (good for bureaucracy).



Well, as Amlan persuaded Esmerelda to join him Belgium and bought a ticket on her airline (with Marcus), he started itching about his brother (Ajay) and wondered about all the worldly designs that made Earth-travel a thing of ghost-magic for the capitalist race of those 'pesky' incomplete-distances' to traffic/lifestyle simplicity (for all). Would Ajay appear at O'Hare to track/stalk his estranged-twin for a photo-graphics 'darkness' in these times of troubles/fiction?



AJAY: Good to see you here, now.
AMLAN: My goodness, you put-on a Scarecrow get-up in the airport-lav.
AJAY: I don't have time to chat(s), brother; I'm a super evil dude from Hell.
AMLAN: You're a creep.
AJAY: This tiny mouse is holding a detonator, and you don't want to ask me.
AMLAN: What's the deal/bargain, long-lost soul-mate of mine?
AJAY: You persuade your lady-friend to go with you, to Belgium...or else.
AMLAN: Joke?
AJAY: I've been spying on you; I know; persuade her (for O'Hare).
AMLAN: I just might do that...you self-exile yourself for some Swiss-art.
AJAY: Fine; remember me, bro; I have ways to determine if you kept the deal.
AMLAN: I won't fail you...this time, twin.
AJAY: Good Facebook comment.
AMLAN: Well.



Amlan instructed his travel-pal (Marcus) to grab Esmerelda and have her laugh-chuckle in pure happiness in public while walking to the boarding-gate of their (shared) flight to Belgium, for Ajay to spot (and think the trio were 'rightly' a travel-team that he sought for some personal/private journal-fantasy about 'brotherly-motivation') and Amlan grabbed Ajay when he saw him spying on Marcus/Ezzy and assured him, "I got you this toy from the gift-store...I know you're going into exile now, before any manmade disaster you planned, long-lost soul-mate of mine."

AJAY: Fantastic (photo-synthesis dialysis).



Well, this very unusual airport-2023 tale has a happy-ending, and Amlan remarried Esmerelda (his darling) and Marcus became a writer/artist in Europe and Ajay most likely kept his end of the O'Hare 'deal' and self-exiled for a private 'retirement' from Earth-traffic. Wow, what a story we might make for 'discovery' in this 21st-Century of those predictable 'incomplete-distances' to traffic/grid activity for all (simplified) bureaucracy-cinema.



"Doing well is the result of doing good. That's what capitalism is all about" (Ralph Waldo Emerson). 

====
"Money is everything" (Ecclesiastes)

© 2023 Abishai100


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

39 Views
Added on December 11, 2023
Last Updated on December 11, 2023
Tags: Fable, Modern

Author

Abishai100
Abishai100

NJ



About
Student/Minister; Hobbies: Comic Books, Culinary Arts, Music; Religion: Catholic; Education: Dartmouth College more..

Writing