Jeepers-Creepers: Delran

Jeepers-Creepers: Delran

A Story by Abishai100
"

Narrated memoir of a horrid American small-town (drive-in) 'first-contact' with an invader-specter (Creeper) requiring distances for (Homeland) detectives.

"
Fanfiction of the inventive new horror-franchise Jeepers Creepers. Happy Holidays (and thanks for reading), 
----
====

Let me tell you the tale of my daddy (Kal) who tackled a great Devil of Delran who invaded the Earth when I was just young, enjoying a Delran-town drive-in movie theater summer time excursion when this winged zombie with a Medieval-axe (named 'Creeper') appeared to make raw terror and moved my poor daddy to a state of simply moving 'force' heroics (for future fan-artists of New Jersey lore).



My daddy, Kal, had decided to go to the Delran movie-theater that summer night of invasion-tragedy with his twin-brother (Ajay) and his girlfriend (Esmerelda) and took me for the great excursion, where we'd enjoy an 'iconic' American cinema experience and hopefully take-stock of the good-fortune(s) of Homeland (American!) life in the year our local cheered pro-level spirits-team (Eagles) snatched a title worthy of our American cyber-commentary culture of life-drawn optimism/cool.



KAL: Look at this awesome library-microfiche text (Roswell) for American alien-art!
ME: Wow...the UFOs stuff is real, huh?
KAL: Who knows, baby; this text we find at the Delran-library reminds us of stories!
ME: Wow...I hope we never meet an alien who's really mean, daddy.
KAL: Earthling-life is about those 'incomplete-distances' to the land of knowledge.
ME: Wow...I have to learn a lot (about American libraries).
KAL: Good (for art).



I remember that Xmas-season prior to the following tragic summer drive-in movie excursion in which we engaged with that Delran Devil, the Medieval-axe wielding zombie-invader (named 'Creeper') during which my dad (Kal) made me a 'fantastic' candy-house present to remind me why Earthling-life simply felt 'shielded' from all that fortune-darkness of unfathomable human contact with anything of 'alien' language (hmm).



So, there we were, my dad (Kal), his visiting-brother/twin (Ajay) and his girlfriend (Esmerelda) inside that drive-in lot, enjoying a summer-excursion special screening of an 'iconic' Christmas-in-July presentation of a 'fantastic' tale of holiday-season superstitions/transit/flight, hoping nothing more but to enjoy what Earthling-life afforded the modern civilization resident (Delran-town) and American reveler invested in those 'handshakes' for culture/sanity (wow). This was a 'cool' Facebook-world that summer.



KAL: Goodness, what the hell is that thing, flying above us?
AJAY (dad's brother): It's got bat-wings and a Medieval axe of some kind, Kal.
KAL: I'll grab my flare (gun).
AJAY: I'll keep Esmerelda and your babe blanketed/hidden in the van-back, Kal!
KAL: I'll shoot that 'Creeper' in the bat-wings with the flare, disorient his flight.
AJAY: We'll get through this...we'll post a like about Hell on Facebook, brother.
KAL: You said it, Ajay; this is our Earth for the field and photo.



I recount that screaming-chat between my hero-dad and his bro (Ajay) as we were panicking wondering what this 'Creeper' creature-man, a zombie with axe wearing hat-and-coat and soaring with bat-wings, wanted at this Delran-town movie-theater summer field, and I remember what Kal did to shoot the Creeper in the wings and cause it to crash down before blinding him with another flare (gun) shot...before the Creeper decapitated my poor father with his axe. This was art for a tragedy, friends (for all).



AJAY: Your daddy was a true American-angel in that Delran drive-in that summer!
ME: I'm a teen now, Ajay (uncle); I needn't recount all the details of that evil-night.
AJAY: I want you to, babe; your daddy would want you to 'spin' that heroics for story.
ME: I'm no writer, Uncle Ajay.
AJAY: Yes you are (you know it!); I'll tell you about the 'ghost-magic' of flare.
ME: And how a 'grounded' Creeper helped you take the fatal-shot.
AJAY: Kal (your father) blinded the invader; my shot was simple/sweet; a miracle!
ME: The Delran friends at the drive-in burnt the dead invader into ashes, right?
AJAY: Thanx to your father...you must write about this someday, babe (as an adult).
ME: Alright (for photo-synthesis).



Esmerelda was a heroine that night. She endured that freak-show like Ajay and me. It (really) was Kal (my dad) who enabled Ajay to bloody-kill that invader/Creeper after grounding/blinding it with the flare-miracle (gun) and facilitated the miracle survival of the 3 of us inside that Delran cinema-lot (summer). Esmerelda still encouraged me to think 'fondly' of my bloody-killed father's heroics that eve and perhaps find the right-mind to turn the tragedy into an American art (for all).



That's why I'm writing this memoir of that Delran Dream, the miracle of that summer night at the town drive-in, when the Creeper was vanquished, perhaps (as we considered) back to the invisible underworld-abyss from which it 'creeped' out to deliver an (American) message of summer-roadway(s) intolerability (sure). I got myself a special (Homeland) sportsmanship 'trophy' souvenir when I became a teen, to recount how our Delran-town was busy cheering that local pro-level sports-triumph (Eagles) that prior Xmas-season leading up to the summer miracle-tragedy. This superstition-trophy I got for myself, in memory of Kal, a Cali-QB Bowl commemorative item of fanfare/commentary, would inspire me to craft this 'horror-tale' of what made the Creeper an 'alien' in this Earthling-world of (simplified) bureaucracy-dough.



KAL: This summer drive-in will be awesome, babe.
ME: Wow...you look really good, daddy!
KAL: Esmerelda got me this new shirt, to impress Ajay!
ME: Your brother looks just like you, daddy.
KAL: Ha (Facebook like).



Incidentally, Ajay really did look a good-deal like my father (Kal), and the Creeper was simply 'swamped' with the sporting heroics/cool of the brothers of Delran-town that tragic summer eve. We vanquished that 'alien' specter that Homeland-Jersey night at the drive-in, and to this day, I wonder if Ajay considered our miracle-survival some 'first-contact' testament not unlike that 'explored' by superstitious citizenry of Roswell! This was a (real) American-net diary, for Ajay (too).



I wanted to add a special note to this memoir/account concerning that 'miracle-flare (gun!) that Kal used to impair/disorient/blind the Creeper before Ajay (my great uncle) bloody-killed the invader-alien. Sure, the Creeper was burned to ash by the Delran movie-theater friends who encircled the corpse to mourn my daddy, but in my (quiet) estimate, the flare-disarm for Creeper-humility served to offer an Earthling-ideation of perhaps a rather complex hypothesis --- that the unusual Creeper was something like an 'immortal' requiring a defined 'light' for exile (hmm).



ME (teen-years): Do you 'doubt' the Creeper was not the Devil himself, uncle?
AJAY: I dunno; we (surely) vanquished its 'malicious' invader-spirit that eve!
ME: Thanx for this drawing of me as a babe, uncle.
AJAY: You earned it, babe; your father (Kal) would want you to be inspired by it!
ME: Cool, Ajay; maybe I will write that story...of an exiled Devil (Delran).
AJAY: Good (for bureaucracy).



I decided to complement this story-write with a penned childhood 'doodle' Esmerelda persuaded me to make, in honor of our (shared) memoir of what made that summer night hero 'deed' of my dad (Kal) a thing of 'incomplete-distances' to (simplified) leviathan! I consider this art-image for escape/survival a special 'nod' for what made the 'ghost-magic' of that drive-in night of Kal-consciousness a 'silhouette' of all things...bound (hopefully for social media).



"Doing well is the result of doing good. That's what capitalism is all about" (Ralph Waldo Emerson). 

====
"Money is everything" (Ecclesiastes)

© 2023 Abishai100


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

61 Views
Added on December 18, 2023
Last Updated on December 18, 2023
Tags: Movie Fanfiction

Author

Abishai100
Abishai100

NJ



About
Student/Minister; Hobbies: Comic Books, Culinary Arts, Music; Religion: Catholic; Education: Dartmouth College more..

Writing