Grifters-White

Grifters-White

A Story by Abishai100
"

A natural 'grifter' (Mr. Amlan Satan) seeks a racer-company (Arklow) insurance 'discipline' with a diamond-investment Hellmouth (Ion-company) for American water/color.

"
A bright 2024 (Valentine's season) 'fanfiction' of sorts of The Grifters (John Cusack). 
----

====

Mr. Amlan Satan had become a natural 'grifter' of the old-guard, a sort of street-trained and midways-acceptably educated man of capitalism-labyrinths for fortune-reads in the post-9/11 era Homeland (America) of incomplete-distances to transit-superstitions 'linked' profit-motive examinations, complicated by new age fears of terrorism/piracy (wow). Well, Satan thought to re-cast his special interest in the finery and design of racing and competition to seek a (rumored) conflict-zone gems ('blood-diamond') insurance-hype marketing 'project' by Baron Ion (Ion-company) at Churchill-Downs, to draw (Interpol-relation?) examination eyes on Western/Earthling commercial insurance books (for the Ego).



BARON ION: You strike me as a Dickensian-sort of self-schooled venture-profiteer and trekker!
SATAN: That I am, Ion; we co-invest in this 'upstart' racer-company (Arklow) for Selfie-hyperbole.
BARON ION: I emboss my diamond-ad for social media with Churchill-Downs ticket?
SATAN: This is a department-store culture, and it requires street-links for activity/politics!
BARON ION: If this idea of yours fails, Mr. Satan...there's no 'Target-Jersey' for your vanities.
SATAN: Who wouldn't understand such a 'definition'...for Ion (ha)?



Blood-diamonds were the bad-rave, and this grifter-chess 'stalemate' logic extracted by this naturally interested 'student' of capitalism-race motion(s), Amlan Satan, wanted to find that ghost-magic tie for treasure-insurance and commerce-net activity for insurance-commentary, taking his portion of the big-investment for the race with Ion and then drawing more 'good-wire' examination eyes (Interpol arguably).



ESMERELDA: You want to rescue me away from Baron Ion's company, Satan.
AMLAN: I'm a fan of Dickens and old-school Romanticism; besides, Ion's got that evil siren-lady!
ESMERELDA: Don't underestimate that 'Baroness' for Arklow-deeds, Satan; she's original.
AMLAN: I know (all) that; you remind me of my mom...how she'd offer me 'omen' wisdom for Hell.
ESMERELDA: Good (luck).



This 'Baroness associate' of the Ion-company was in deeds ruthless, and she wondered why Amlan Satan wanted to make a gem-showcase at Churchill-Downs ahead of that big 'upstart' racer-company media-expression (Arklow) alongside Baron Ion. However, before she could turn the proverbial 'question' screw(s) of leviathan and intercept Satan's raw-fingertips, Amlan took-off with 1/2 of the Ion-company treasures (insured) the bad-baron brought to the South for this special media-windows diamond rhyme (perhaps for 'lycanthropy' arts).



ESMERELDA: We're darts for this Brussels-sprout eatery-venture (now), Satan.
AMLAN: All's well in the universe of grifter-math, Ezzy.
ESMERELDA: Seems we've made 'bread' for the ornaments of capitalism's vanities, Satan.
AMLAN: You're the real prize...no politics for watches.
ESMERELDA: For a grifter (thanx).



"Doing well is the result of doing good. That's what capitalism is all about" (Ralph Waldo Emerson). 

====
"Money is everything" (Ecclesiastes)

© 2024 Abishai100


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

45 Views
Added on February 5, 2024
Last Updated on February 5, 2024
Tags: Fanfiction

Author

Abishai100
Abishai100

NJ



About
Student/Minister; Hobbies: Comic Books, Culinary Arts, Music; Religion: Catholic; Education: Dartmouth College more..

Writing