Changeling: Who {Fanfiction}

Changeling: Who {Fanfiction}

A Story by Abishai100
"

Narrated time-capsule 'claim' of a writer's (gov't-inherited) haunted-house 'sightings' releasing from him a 'Changeling' consciousness for Earthling-distance.

"
A fanfiction to an under-rated and very disturbing (Canadian) horror-film of great eeriness/superstition, The Changeling (George C. Scott), which I hope you'll like, 
----


====

My wife's dead (damn). We'd been in the Poconos for my writer's desk 'examination' when she was killed by a foolish speeding passerby-truck in the East Coast (American Homeland) snow, and I lost my soul-mate. What could I do? I'm writing my own story, for a backyard-buried time-capsule for future-world archaeologists to find, to make sense of our 21st-Century Earthling 'culture' of incomplete-distances readings for lifestyle 'drawn' dialysis confidence for superstitions/arts (wow).



I loved my wife. I lost my wife. I decided to leave our house (New England) and dart to a newly-inherited property in the East Coast (American Homeland) for a new writer's project, for which I'd generate some sentimental-tale about a widower who finds some 'discovery' in loss for Selfie-bound inspiration, but once-more, my writer's desk 'examination' was destroyed, but this time, it was by a Changeling. A Changeling is a small child 'substituted' by the ghost-spirit of a faerie. I found myself become a more...dyslexic writer (for social media hype).



I awoke one morning and heard attic-sounds and discovered a small tub, filled with water, with the apparition of a small boy inside, in this newly-inherited American property! Some time later, I found a music-box in the very-same attic, and I swore I did not see it during my first visit to the haunted attic, and when I turned the tune-lever, it began playing my fave-piano Mozart song (Eine kleine Nachtmusik).



REAL ESTATE AGENT: A small boy was believed to have been (possibly) murdered here!
ME: You claim the culprit, the boy's father, is now a deceased/adoptive dad of a Senator?
REAL ESTATE AGENT: We presented the 'theory' to the Senator (John Campbell)!
ME: He didn't believe you...
REAL ESTATE AGENT: It's just a theory, for American Homeland lore (really), good-friend!
ME: Well, what if I find this 'tragic-child' ghost haunting my inherited property, friend?
REAL ESTATE AGENT: We know of a theory that the boy was in wheelchair; you'd see it!
ME: So I can plan on a ghost-wheelchair rolling-by (inside)?
REAL ESTATE AGENT: Perchance, since you're a writer...it'll make for house-art(s)?
ME: Good (thanx!).



So, I had settled into my inherited house, to transcend the American Tragedy of the loss of my wife (Poconos) and began to work on writing when my real estate agent's reported/claimed 'theory' of haunting started to come-alive for my consciousness. You can understand my natural superstition, however eerie, that I was merely hallucinating sadness because I became a mourning-man, but as I sat trying to write post-sighting in that awful attic, I couldn't help but think I was coming-undone (for commentary).



PRIEST: You think you've seen the ghost of a murdered small boy in wheelchair?
ME: Drowned in a tub, which I 'saw' in the haunted-house attic, my inherited property!
PRIEST: You inherited this special house/property because of relations to government?
ME: Precisely correct, and I got myself a writer's-desk set to unwind/forget (everything).
PRIEST: You got yourself a bouncy-ball to idle-away the depression time, my son?
ME: Father, I thought I inherited this house to develop the 'gift' of language(s).



I saw it. I saw the apparition of the boy in this haunted-house, playing with me. I told a priest after this horrifying 'encounter' of multiple bouncy-balls by the stairs of the house after I (myself) had gotten a bouncy-ball to help me write, forget, and forget about that (dark) attic-vision, and even that music-box was now a Changeling-vision from the Abyss.

DIARY: A Changeling is a faerie-swap with a child's-spirit, and it's ruining my consciousness.



When I went to the library to do local library-microfiche (newspaper) research about the small-boy who'd been haunting me, I realized I found some social-media/traffic/transit culture 'imprint' for a translating link between the loss of my wife (Poconos) and this new East Coast haunted-house 'art-image' for the silence-dialysis of what comprises the definition of the unknown after-life (wow).



BOY: Are you my daddy?
ME: You're the ghost...of the tub-drowned boy...now a Changeling, haunting my spirit(s)!
BOY: Are you my daddy?
ME: My boy, I'll honor the cemetery in which your death (corpse) was buried in the past.
BOY: Good for your soul (farewell).



I made 'toast' of my micro-miracle 'escape' from my haunted-house with a 21st-Century world-exchange 'reflection' culinary-treat soft/zesty (Indian) luchi-bread thanksgiving-diner plate chat(s) to recount the conception that the small-boy (in wheelchair!) was somehow my 'Changeling-angel' who'd help me (somehow) transcend the hospitality-reading horror that life-bound tragedy (Poconos) is maybe...inescapable. 



PUBLISHER: Congrats on your new writer's view(s), hon.
ME: I might take some escape-hours to re-read The Shining (Stephen King), friend!
PUBLISHER: You'd consider adopting a child...a boy (perchance)?
ME: Why's that (whom)?
PUBLISHER: Every memory comes for a 'time' in the lines-of-dreariness, Mr. Writer (fine?).
ME: I doubt it (thanx).



"Doing well is the result of doing good. That's what capitalism is all about" (Ralph Waldo Emerson). 

====
"Money is everything" (Ecclesiastes)

© 2024 Abishai100


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

50 Views
Added on March 11, 2024
Last Updated on March 11, 2024
Tags: Fanfiction

Author

Abishai100
Abishai100

NJ



About
Student/Minister; Hobbies: Comic Books, Culinary Arts, Music; Religion: Catholic; Education: Dartmouth College more..

Writing