Galatea's Thesis

Galatea's Thesis

A Story by Abishai100
"

Narrated 'claim' of why Earthling-life links capitalism 'view' with the myth of Galatea...and Romanticism's book.

"
A tale featuring the hypnosis-sculpture myth of Galatea. Thanks for reading! 
----

====

I was at a super market in the American Homeland one glorious Saturday AM when I beheld the vision of a rather glowing lady-hawk whom I thought was some kind of Galatea for me. You know the myth of Galatea, the gorgeous femme-sculpture who seemed to come-to-life for her artist-creator male and drew in him a special Romanticism for that 'image' of consciousness-unfurled. That's what I felt that Saturday when I considered why she was some kind of 'angel' of heroics, delivering me from some post-9/11 era Earthling ('American') paranoia of everyday-life worry or frailty for invasion, terror, shock, or dodecahedrons. I thought about a Selfie-commentary culture of 'treasure-islands' dialysis (for the Ego).



What would I do? I'm a telemarketer in my working-life and a bank-robber in my double-life. That's right, friend, I'm a self-proclaimed Robin Hood of sorts, seeking blood-diamond operations to swap (rumored/insured) conflict-zone gems from bank-boxes (Ion-company) with eco-capitalism hygiene messaged glass-animal toys to create (Interpol-relation?) commerce-consciousness securities for 'confidence' theater in the West (American Homeland). I'd become one of those 'nerdists' of socialized dodecahedrons (for the Ego!).



BANK MANAGER: This guy was dressed as a Scarecrow on Halloween Day.
DETECTIVE: He had a street-theater performance prop water-rifle (acid-filled)?
BANK MANAGER: He burned the bank-box (Ion-company) and placed glass-toys.
DETECTIVE: Rumored/stored conflict-zone gems smuggled from Sierra Leone?
BANK MANAGER: That's the street-gossip concerning the insured treasures, sir.
DETECTIVE: You wish to remain secret/veiled for Ion's 'cinema' expressions?
BANK MANAGER: Sounds-dialysis; for the Ego.



Had Galatea become real (to me)? Was she a ghost-specter image of a lady-hawk I beheld at that 'fantastic' super market in the West (American Homeland) that Saturday's AM and thought her to be my life-heroine for muse-inspirations for vigilante/capitalism defenses for the Ego? I crafted a youth-friendly vigilante-doodle of urban heroics, likening my 'Galatea' to the lady-hawk at the super market I crossed-paths with that Saturday (wow). Would she ground me in my life and draw in me some magical Romanticism, as the myth suggested, as she had for her artist-sculptor of the old Earth? I thought about why capitalism engendered a special 'leviathan' for all things simplified dodecahedrons (for the erasure).



"Doing well is the result of doing good. That's what capitalism is all about" (Ralph Waldo Emerson). 

====
"Money is everything" (Ecclesiastes)

© 2024 Abishai100


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

45 Views
Added on April 18, 2024
Last Updated on April 18, 2024
Tags: Fable, Modern

Author

Abishai100
Abishai100

NJ



About
Student/Minister; Hobbies: Comic Books, Culinary Arts, Music; Religion: Catholic; Education: Dartmouth College more..

Writing
Thin-Fate Thin-Fate

A Story by Abishai100