Ash Wednesday

Ash Wednesday

A Poem by SquinklaPsyOps
"

Original Religious Poetry

"


Dear Father God

Rub your ashes on my forehead in a sign of a cross

To remind me of your Son Jesus Christ

As I repent of all the sins I have commited

I continue this period of spiritual discipline


Clean my thoughts and make me an Arch Angel

Where I promise to always push to hell all demons and lost ghosts

In the Name Of Your Son Jesus Christ and The Holy Spirit

I kneel in front of You and Your Son

Amen

© 2015 SquinklaPsyOps


Author's Note

SquinklaPsyOps
Artist Of The Kneeling Angel Drawing: Gianlorenzo Bernini (1598 - 1680)

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

A religious poem very unique I must say. It is very well wrote you manage to capture what humanity should pray for . I admire you for most writers might not post a religious piece as this which tells me you are brave . This poem is a lot in a few words as a message to the rest of us perhaps do the same and for someone so young ready to take this vow you write of is a true testament not only to your writing but you as a person I hope you get what you ask for dear one and keep writing dear for people need to see this type of writing in this day and age.

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This comment has been deleted by the website administrators.


Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5
The Shadow On My Shoulder
There is an angel who sits upon my shoulder who goes by the name of Death...

Reviews

Beautiful poem/prayer! I love the quiet simplicity of it, like the thoughts of someone concentrating on spiritual things. The second verse seems to gather strength as you engage in spiritual warfare. Very thought-provoking.

Posted 9 Years Ago


good poem thank you for participating in my contest . this is my first contest. thanks for your suppport.

Posted 9 Years Ago


having prayed and studied at saint meinrad seminary, indiana, i recognize the majority of the phraseology, of course. but what i am immediately drawn to is what i would call the outlier, the line, "where i promise...." this is what i would think of as a cherokee type thought, as the keetowah way does. i would like to think of it as balance. there is good, yes, but also evil. there are angels, yes, but also demons and ghosts. very refreshing take on ancient doxology of the church. in this, it is personalized, and really captivates. thanks for sharing this piece, and the art reminds me of one of my favorite panters, caravaggio.

Posted 9 Years Ago


SquinklaPsyOps

9 Years Ago

Thank you for your interpretation and valuable insight Dear Writer.

Is about when God.. read more
good spiritual and soul touching...

Posted 9 Years Ago


SquinklaPsyOps

9 Years Ago

Thank you for your valuable interpretation and nice compliment.
Eh, I'm atheist but it seems pretty and has a nice rhythm; a decent poem.

Posted 9 Years Ago


SquinklaPsyOps

9 Years Ago

Thank you for your valuable compliment will revisit your homepage to review your writings.
Is this the kind of fast I have chosen,
only a day for people to humble themselves?
Is it only for bowing one’s head like a reed
and for lying in sackcloth and ashes?
Is that what you call a fast,
a day acceptable to the Lord?
6 “Is not this the kind of fasting I have chosen:
to loose the chains of injustice
and untie the cords of the yoke,
to set the oppressed free
and break every yoke?
7 Is it not to share your food with the hungry
and to provide the poor wanderer with shelter—
when you see the naked, to clothe them,
and not to turn away from your own flesh and blood?
8 Then your light will break forth like the dawn,
and your healing will quickly appear;
then your righteousness[a] will go before you,
and the glory of the Lord will be your rear guard.
9 Then you will call, and the Lord will answer;
you will cry for help, and he will say: Here am I.

Posted 9 Years Ago


SquinklaPsyOps

9 Years Ago

Thank You for your valuable review and index reference research.
A religious poem very unique I must say. It is very well wrote you manage to capture what humanity should pray for . I admire you for most writers might not post a religious piece as this which tells me you are brave . This poem is a lot in a few words as a message to the rest of us perhaps do the same and for someone so young ready to take this vow you write of is a true testament not only to your writing but you as a person I hope you get what you ask for dear one and keep writing dear for people need to see this type of writing in this day and age.

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This comment has been deleted by the website administrators.
The prayer in it is precisely what we all ought to pray for. Good going. May God bless you and show you the right path. :)

Posted 9 Years Ago


SquinklaPsyOps

9 Years Ago

Thank you for your compliment and valuable blessing will revisit your homepage to review your writin.. read more
He is the one who died for us.And with his blood we are cleansed.On this subject i would only say that though our sins are as scarlet it will be white as snow.This prayer spoke to me.Reminded me of my day of baptism when i knelt and confessed my sins..We all are sinners but it is he who sets us free.Amazing prayer.And May The lord's name be glorified.Let all the nations here. :) *Praise the lord*
I am a protestan.So what?? I believe in the power of forgiveness and holy spirit.Amen to this


~Sophy

Posted 9 Years Ago


SquinklaPsyOps

9 Years Ago

Dear Sophy Your interpretation is beautiful and honest from the hearth. I really do appreciate your .. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe

Compartment 114
Compartment 114

Stats

2198 Views
74 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 2 Libraries
Added on February 18, 2015
Last Updated on February 19, 2015
Tags: Original Religious Poetry

Author

SquinklaPsyOps
SquinklaPsyOps

USConstitution



About
Writer Of The TwentyFirstCentury, confiscated the PsyOps script from the corrupt military radio host that was remotely assaulting me inside the city, which I plan to publish parts of it here, to study.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Blessed son Blessed son

A Poem by armin


I love her I love her

A Poem by armin