Second Chance ?

Second Chance ?

A Chapter by Achaicus
"

The second chapter for the book '' The Blind Mind ''

"
   Morning sunshine...it really is magnificent, the warm light that shoots directly at the bed, gently saying -'' wake up, wake up Alex ''. Getting up early, oddly, with a smile. But the smile was different from all the others, it was genuine, and sad, or more like...lonely.
Alex was a law student, he had this perfect picture of a lawyer. A hero, in a black suit, rich with words and confidence, and his job is to save people from their problems. And he wanted to be that person since he was a kid, but he knew, that somehow, this picture will alter in time. Because today, in this society, it's pretty much all about money.
He disliked that word, as he wrote in an essay a long time ago - '' ...money is, and always will be the greatest evil mankind ever created, and they even gave that evil one of the greatest power, the power to rule the world... ''.
There was one more problem, one more obstacle on his path to becoming a good lawyer. Self confidence. He didn't have it, or to be precise, he didn't have it as much he wanted to. That was what he still lacked. His past was affected as well because of it, no girlfriend in his 20 years. He never kissed a girl, or got a hug, not even holding hands. His imagination how it should feel like and the theoretical knowledge was everything he had. Very smart boy, he even won a national competition in his high school days in history, and as the teachers said one of the smartest kids that ever entered that school.
So getting into the law school was not so difficult for him. But still he lacked the experience in areas he yearned the most. Love. Patiently waiting for the girl of his dreams.

But still he had a clear goal. A rarity in this time. Many students in his age were in a college, either because of the luck that they got in a college, or they were persuaded by parents or teachers, or similar reasons. It was very rare for a boy to find his goal in life at such age and chase it so fiercely.


But his goal was not to become a lawyer it was to find a certain system, which would benefit for everyone, the whole world. That was his goal, to somehow help every single human being. A little bit unrealistic someone may say but praise worthy none the less.


In the hallway he met with his friend, Hannah, who was on the same college campus, but she studied languages not law. Specialized in English.


A typically good mannered girl, with a very cute face and a good figure.


'' Morning Alex, I see you're excited like always ''


'' Morning, morning, yeah I guess I am '' answering with a wide smile followed with a small laughter. Whenever someone greeted him, he would answer twice, similar to this ''...morning, morning...'' like some reflex. Not even he knows why the second greeting.


'' Listen I finished my painting, so later if you want you can see it and give me your opinion '' - hiding her shyness by moving her head to the park next to the college. 


'' Ok, I guess I can, I am sure it's amazing as u usual '' trying to change the mood to something more comfortable. Because he had a crush on her, and giving her compliments was not so hard, but to let her know his real feelings, well, that's a different story.


While having the small talk as usual, a group of students, a little bit older then they are, walked towards them. And one of the stood out from the rest. He walked towards Hannah and the two of them stopped there, it was her boyfriend who walked towards them. And that was not so much of a comfortable situation for Alex, considering his feelings.


'' Hi Robert, what's up '' with almost mute voice said Alex, knowing that he didn't mattered  so much, while they were so busy exchanging kisses he could only dream of.


And he just stood there, waiting, while the rest of the group noticed that, and started joking around.


'' Stop it you two, don't you see her lost puppy is waiting, share something with the poor guy '' and having this uncommon laughter, followed with the rest of the rest. It really annoyed Alex, but he needed to pretend for her that it didn't bother him. Even though it did.


'' You are an a*****e Vincent, you know that don't you '' said Hannah trying to defend Alex.


And Robert laughed as well a little, which she noticed and gave him the look to stop it.


'' It's ok Hannah, it's just a joke '' still pretending it was funny, and bowing his head.

It was time to go to class, the couple headed first, than the rest of the group, and Vincent deliberately giving a shove to Alex.


He let that one, knowing that confronting him would have no meaning whatsoever. And he would only get his a*s kicked.


Bullied even in college, that was really hurting for that poor guy. Staying behind, Alex walking slowly towards the building, someone grabbed him on the shoulder, he turned in an instant.


'' Why? '' Asked the man.


'' Why what? And who are you? '' Trying to remove his shoulder from his hands.


'' Why don't you punch that a*****e right in the mouth? '' asked the man, obviously seeing that Alex was bullied.


'' Why would I do that? We are friends... ''


The man was silent, and looking him, he smiled.


'' You know... you should really get balls in this lifetime, and defend what you care for the most, which should be obvious, you yourself... ''


Alex said nothing although he knew the man was right, he could not say anything since everything would feel fake. There was no right answer, so he was silent.


'' Not that I care, but I don't get you...I mean, me, personally, I'd rather die than let someone trample over me, especially if I was ten time smarter than that person '' said the man.


Alex just stood there trying not to be bothered by his comments.


'' I mean, I hate people like them, ignorant, stupid, having an illusion in their head of ruling the world, and thinking how  others should just obey. They make me angry and happy at the same time '' slowly changing his expression, and having a smile that gave Alex the creeps.


'' Angry and happy in the same time? '' asked Alex, slightly confused at his sentence.


'' I understand if you're angry, but why happy? '' trying to get an answer from the man, with a frightened attitude.


'' You can get your answer, but... only if you do something that would please me...'' the man in the black coat testing him.


Alex looked at him and with a serious tone replied - '' To please you? You are very self confident and way ahead of yourself. Forget it, I don't need any answer from you, if you'll excuse me now, my class has started...'' pissed, he charged into the building.


And the man stood there, a little bit shocked from the reply he got, but he smiled again, looked up the sky, and said to the sky...


'' Finally, thank you for this opportunity, and don't worry, I won't waste it hahahah '' laughed the man and looking into the sky, filled with the white and cold snow.


'' Now...let the games begin '' without concealing his exciting expression, and a creepy and a little sadistic smile, he rushed into the building.



© 2013 Achaicus


Author's Note

Achaicus
I am looking forward to your comments, whether good or bad.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

232 Views
Added on October 20, 2013
Last Updated on October 20, 2013
Tags: ''Sadism'' ''Drama'' ''Adventure


Author

Achaicus
Achaicus

Zagreb, Croatia



About
I am but a simple writer, moved by words of other writers. Who reasearches all knowledge usefull to my cause. Dreamer above all else, with my imagination as my weapon. I hope you will like my stories,.. more..

Writing
Hope Hope

A Poem by Achaicus