AFRO CARIB LIFESTYLE’S AND ACHIEVER’S

AFRO CARIB LIFESTYLE’S AND ACHIEVER’S

A Chapter by AfroCarib Lifestyle's & Achiever's
"

MY MOMENT WITH THE PARAMOUNT RULER OF YEWALAND OF ILARO HRN OBA KEHINDE GBADEWOLE OLUGBENLE MFR, FNIRS, RSV & MNIN

"

MY MOMENT WITH THE PARAMOUNT RULER OF YEWALAND OF ILARO HRN OBA KEHINDE GBADEWOLE OLUGBENLE MFR, FNIRS, RSV & MNIN

 

Oba Kehinde Olugbenle during his visit to Ireland AfricaVoice shared some of the memory moment with him. My self and the Chairperson of Afro in Diaspora Center in person of Vera Nwabuwe a dear friend arrived at the Oba palace here in Ireland and was received by his right man and childhood friend Mr. Babatunde Johnson which he attended the same primary and secondary school with in Lagos {Eko Boys Secondary} and later Kabiyesi proceed to Yaba College of Technology, Lagos.

Oba Kehinde is a married man, father to three children, twins, two boys and headiest is a girl. The age of the kids ranges from 5 to 15. He is a king of one wife and previously a regional pastor of {RCCG} in Abuja parish, Nigeria.

It took 5 years after the death of Oba Samuel Adekanbi before he now becomes the newly coronate king. The kabiyesi is over one year on the throne and did celebrate his one year coronation 14th of April, 2013 and part of his coming to Ireland is the continuation of the memorable opportunity. We spoke about the level of his anointing as a Pastor and how he is able to balance with being a king knowing all it involve culturally and traditions expected of him as a king in Yoruba land. He spoke about embracing culture, traditions and that it’s a different calling which by being a pastor God as prepare him ahead of the work to be done. The king made it clear that he observed traditions that can be showcase to the world rather than those traditions that can’t be shared. Oba Kehinde explain in details how in South-West Nigeria the process of kingship, mentioned that they have 4 ruling house, the preparation of Oba before the presentation to the public or the people of his kingdom that he will be ruling over. Today coronations the king makers and chieftaincy will present the king-Elect to the government under the law and the government will than announce his name after their approval. Before he became the king kabiyesi mentioned that 6 other people also part-take in the process, one was disqualified and at the end during the election he has 5vote to 4vote against his competition and on the 14/04/2012 he became the paramount ruler of Ilaro.  Now at 47years of age he lives now in his own personal house as his Palace, due to the fact the town only have an administrative palace and palace council. He finds the position challenging, educative and a different form of calling. His future hopes and desire is to build a beautiful residential palace for the town and coming Oba that will befit the town.

I have to say that the moment I shared with him was very refreshing, educative, he was humble, polite, fun and most of all sexy. Hmmmmm…………..



© 2013 AfroCarib Lifestyle's & Achiever's


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

349 Views
Added on June 23, 2013
Last Updated on June 23, 2013