Fan Fiction: Summer Time Sadness

Fan Fiction: Summer Time Sadness

A Story by Mark
"

I could not sleep when I wrote this. This is how I see the song "Summer Time Sadness" playing out.

"

They met when he was 10 and she was 9. On the sands the summer waves crashed. They built a castle and laughed. In that moment she was his and he was hers. At the age of 14 they continued to talk in the halls of the school. He leaned against her locker with a grin. That summer they kissed.


At 17 he was king and she was queen. Everyone danced the night away as she sung. The music was loud. They wanted that summer night to never end.


At 18 he enlisted. She wore white; he wore green. The vows exchanged. He kissed her before he left; his embrace hung on even after he left. The letters they wrote, the dreams to be. That summer came and went.


At 19 he hit the beach. The sky was gray. Bullets flew. Men did bleed. By the pale moon light the fight was won. A price was paid.


On stage she was a beauty queen singing of her love. The car stopped. She kept singing. The men came in. She looked. The music played. Her face went white. Their words unspoken. Her heart broke.


Within minutes she was gone. She jumped in his car and hit 99. She didn't know where to go. Nothing seemed to matter. The wind whipped her hair, life and death did not care.


To the beach she went. She fell to her knees. The tears flowed.


Summer time sadness...

 

© 2016 Mark


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Wowsa. And I thought I wrote sad stories.
Nice work!

Posted 7 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

156 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on September 18, 2016
Last Updated on September 19, 2016
Tags: Summer, Summer Time Sadness, Love, War, Death, Tears, Vows, Life, Fate, Destiny

Author

Mark
Mark

PA



About
Just me. Trying to get back into writing. Please, and I mean please comment and let me know what you thing. more..

Writing
Fallen Moon Fallen Moon

A Story by Mark