STORY 1: PItch Black Pictures

STORY 1: PItch Black Pictures

A Story by Ajthewriter
"

Short story for you all. Enjoy!

"

My life of crime was gold in my eyes of scheme and survival by any means. I loved listening to the notes of sirens and gunshots singing lyrics of the hood into me. Slanging crack rocks was my degree in the hood university called: South Central, LA. My main man Kendrick AKA Kriminal, was my partner in crime. I reminisce on the days when chronic was oxygen and alcohol filled us with bliss and impulsive decisions. The days I pulled up with that Glock 40 and took a n***a for his shoes and wrist watch.

The days when one night spasms with different flavors of women with legs spread for a little bread was more of a man in my eyes than that box that occupied the diamond to make her say, I do. Thankfully, I escaped the insanity reality of drug frenzies, hustles of guap for secret exchange of rock for dirty bills that provided meals to my family struggling with that 9-5 slavery.

I want something more than the bullshit the hood had to offer. I know the life of a menace wouldn’t equal happy faces even with spaces filled with Armani’s, diamond studded watches, 6 digit cars, and other Material manifestations that provided temporary satisfaction guaranteed tales to my life story.  My deeper needs spoke phrases of hope. The dope game no longer relates and Kendrick didn’t understand this new man, this new found Tyrell that stumbled upon redemption’s calling.

He said that dope was hope and cash flow is waiting but I responded that this hustle will only bring demise to our lives. I put down the weight and picked up my diploma and scooped up the college degree that delivered proud smiles upon my mother’s face. I met a woman who brings me to my knees that exudes class, beauty, and integrity. The type of woman who will make you drop everything and say, Goddamn where have you been all my life? I wasn’t in lust, but in love, a feeling I tried fighting but her energy was remedy and wedding bells signaled my halt to any other woman that tried approaching.

Unfortunately, Kendrick met his end due to bullet penetration over a drug deal gone south. He should have listened, but unfortunately the hustle life had other plans for him. I conceived with my beautiful wife and I’m expecting a beautiful blossom named Andrea. I’m only 23, and my life has never been better.

But before you think this is a fairytale ending, intake this plot twist of the viciousness of human nature.  This isn’t the story you thought it was; it’s much sadder, and much more twisted. Keep reading if you dare, but just to let you know, it’s the worst plot twist to experience. It can induce tears and…f**k it, here it goes.

Before my 24th candles followed through, my life was stole away from a police officer with irrational motive for his crime. A traffic stop turned deadly when he broke my window, “Stop Resisting,” was the only voice in my ear. My daughter’s eyes flashed before my life and my wife’s smile possessed my vision. He pointed the gun, telling me to get on the ground but instead shot me in the head. My blood splashed on the windshield and my brains landed on the passenger seat.

The officer covered up his actions through so called, “probable cause,” even though a weapon of any kind was neither near me nor on me.  He wasn’t indicted, go figure. They always can get away with whatever they want. This justice system needs a reboot. It’s too corrupt for words, especially toward a black man like me. We need a new allegiance of people who really rides over the valleys of injustice and commits to equality when it comes to crimes committed and how African Americans are treated. This coffin is cold. I can’t rest. Peace is not within me; no justice no peace.

 

© 2016 Ajthewriter


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

191 Views
Added on January 29, 2016
Last Updated on January 29, 2016

Author

Ajthewriter
Ajthewriter

Las Vegas, NV



About
I am a song, poem, and story writer. Check out my page for all updates! My tumblr is @ajthewriter. The same name is for my Facebook page! Writing is my passion, writing is my release. more..

Writing
Escape Escape

A Poem by Ajthewriter