Music

Music

A Story by AkashGoel
"

An insight into the multifaceted canvas of music.

"

Music


As per definition, music is “the art the art of arranging tones in an orderly sequence so as to produce a unified and continuous composition". In reality, is music merely an art form, a practice coated with conformity, or just another podium for prodigies to transform their potential into something concrete? Bob Marley does justice to this multi-sensory phenomenon by saying “One good thing about music, when it hits you, you feel no pain.” 


An oblique notion, such as music, will lose its intricate subjectivity, if tried to compound into a general view. Music, an abyss of appeasement, a receptacle of tranquility, is the epitome of unity in diversity. The eclectic nature of music fills the voids created due to the monotonous and dogmatic life we blindly reside in. Capable of assuaging a banker’s repugnance with his boss, reviving a decimated heart due to failure, or even boosting our immune system, music has the potency to break through any façade. Its therapeutic abilities render it the accolade of a universal anecdote with the potential to harmonize any dilemma. Since music exists in a domain shielded from superficiality and convention, its divine aura resonates seamlessly throughout, rejuvenating every parched facet of life.


Musical maestros when coalesce with a multitude of curious and enthusiastic people, a congruous fusion of melody, nirvana and serenity will inevitably emanate that not only rekindles every emotion treasured by us but also kindles emotions that we will always treasure. For instance, few days ago, I witnessed India’s most miscellaneous music festival: Bacardi NH7 Weekender. Spread out over two days and acres of land this festival exemplified the pinnacle of music as I’ve tried to explain it. It featured numerous artists, each from a different part of the world, each proficient in a different genre, yet each with the aim to fulfill the same purpose: Synthesis of a seducing experience and propagation of the perks of this seduction. Every time seedlings such as Prateek Kuhad or Dhruv Visvanath plucked a few strings of their guitars, my ears would be enchanted by the melody, and the warm chorus of people’s appreciation that complemented it would uplift my soul. Whenever Noori’s lead guitarist Ali Hamzad looked up and cast a kaleidoscopic yet resonating grin, I knew he had something tantalizing in store for us. And indeed, my perceptions were cemented by his enthralling performance that left everyone perplexed and paralyzed. The melody of his guitar tinged with the archaic sound of the flute continued to reverberate inside me. Along with these, major artists such as Kailash Kher were also present to stimulate the audience. Just a few notes of his famous compositions would dynamically arouse the audience. Everybody would eventually be catapulted into the vastness of serenity and harmonious oblivion. Subsequently, the vibes that the Rajasthani folk group, The Manganiyar Seduction, generated embellished every darkened part of me.


The harmonious orchestrations, the impregnable spirit, the constant curiosity, the ceaseless euphoria and the overwhelming aura of the festival all combined into a tryst that managed to fire a gamut of priceless emotions. One does not need to be a master of any mechanism that produces music to relish the amalgamation of emotions it invokes.


In a nutshell: “Music cannot b expressed, it has to be felt.”

-Akash Goel

 

© 2013 AkashGoel


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

182 Views
Added on December 30, 2013
Last Updated on December 30, 2013
Tags: Music, Melody, Harmony, Best Artform

Author

AkashGoel
AkashGoel

New Delhi, Delhi, India



About
Enthusiast Optimist Serene Witty more..

Writing
Peace Peace

A Story by AkashGoel