Businessman's Nightmare

Businessman's Nightmare

A Story by Alaska Rose
"

A quickwrite story I wrote in class in about eighth grade. Kinda fun, but definitely not my best written work

"
Steven Daniels woke after a long, fitful rest. "Time to go to work!" he thought. He took a shower, brushed his teeth, and went downstairs for breakfast. Breakfast was the usual pancakes, eggs, and bacon.
"Hurry, Steven! You'll be late for work. Go on, it's already 9:00!" His wife, Sara, warned.
"Bye, Daddy!" called his son, Ryan, and his daughters, Christa and Angie, as they came running to give him a hug before he left for work. Then they turned around to scurry back to their rooms. Steven grabbed Ryan's shoulders and turned him around to talk to him. "Wait a minute, Ryan. Aren't you forgetting something" Eight-year-old Ryan looked up at him with innocent, questioning eyes. "You get to come to work with me today. It's Tester Day!" Ryan smiled, relieved that he wasn't in trouble.
Steven Daniels worked for a video game producer. Ryan was the video game tester. He tested games to see if they were good enough to put on the market. He was proud to help his dad at work.
When they arrived at Steven's work, Reality TV Games, Co, Ryan seated himself in a huge sofa and was given a controller that had two handles and 18 different color-coded buttons. Over the past three years, Ryan had learned to play their games so well that he was paid according to how quickly he beat the games he tested, and he was always given a free copy of every game.
This game was titled, Businessman's Nightmare. It started with a man walking to work in a black suit carrying his suitcase, which contained important papers for his meeting. A gust of wind blew all these papers away, scattering them all over the state of "Parcheesy". The businessman had to travel all over the state, collecting them.
Ryan guided the businessman, finding all the papers in less than 15 minutes. Then he had to get the businessman to work. There were several levels in this part also, including one where the businessman had to jump over sliding briefcases while dodging the legs of a giant "boss" and another where he had to fix the time of a huge clock by shinnying up its pendulum and dodging its gears. Ryan finished those steps in 10 minutes. In total, he finished the game in half an hour, remarking that it was the best game he'd ever played in his entire life and predicting that it would be a best seller.
Ryan's prediction came true, and the Businessman's Nightmare stayed best-seller and #1 game for three weeks straight! Ryan was given the job of Professional Video Game Tester, and his dad, Steven, was given a raise and a promotion to the job of CEO's Assistant and Video Designer. And the Daniels family lived in peace and happiness for the rest of their lives.

© 2010 Alaska Rose


Author's Note

Alaska Rose
Okay. I know how cheesy it is, but it's fun, and I wrote it over five years ago, so please, no flaming.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

180 Views
Added on June 28, 2010
Last Updated on June 28, 2010

Author

Alaska Rose
Alaska Rose

CA



About
Hi! I'm Alaska Rose, but am more commonly referred to as "Ala". It's not my real name, but I've answered to Ala so often online that I probably would do so in real life. Anyway, a little about me: .. more..

Writing
A.D.D. A.D.D.

A Chapter by Alaska Rose