The Therapist

The Therapist

A Story by Alaa
"

A therapist from China travels to America to complete her master's degree.

"
"Actually, I came here to finish my master's degree," Quinn said. 
She patiently sat at the dining room table, her dark eyes steadily gazing at her patient's face. Ally's fidgeting was causing the cushion of her chair to squeak. The first time Quinn had visited the Ally, the teen's body was like jello; jittery with every syllable that came out of her mouth.
"Were you sure that you were making the right decision?"
"Well, I was interested in human psychology and wanted to learn how people think...and I find pleasure in helping people."
"Well, that's very altruistic of you."
Ally's mother sighed. 
"In middle school she was against me but with her father. She used to drink coffee, eat in the bathroom, stay dirty-"
"But you were always about my weight!" Ally cut in. 
"Because you didn't feel comfortable with yourself."
"Well...."
Ally lowered her head as she continued to doodle. The sound of pencil on paper wriggled throughout the room. 
Quinn pulled out a crayon box and a few pieces of paper out on the glass table. "Were going to do an exercise called the 'Timeline'."

© 2016 Alaa


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

123 Views
Added on November 16, 2016
Last Updated on November 18, 2016
Tags: Short story, Psychology

Author

Alaa
Alaa

Vienna, VA



About
I am a somewhat experienced writer, considered gifted in the English criteria (including writing, vocab, and grammar). more..

Writing
Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by Alaa


Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by Alaa