Chapter 1

Chapter 1

A Chapter by Alaa

"Oh my God mom, why don't you work? Or at least divorce Dad so you can live a better life," Annie whined as she did her laundry. 
"This is none of your business."
"But mom- you gave birth to me. I'm suppose to be treated with love and respect since I'm your daughter."
Hannah sighed as she slumped in her rocking chair.
"You shouldn't have married him though, Dad-I mean Fred, your husband. He's a mistake, why didn't you marry the engineer that you were engaged to before?"
"He lied to me, he said he owned a house in W. West Street but that was just a lie. He wanted me to pay his apartment rent."
"How about that doctor?"
"I don't love a doctor, I love Fred."
Annie couldn't believe her ears. She recalled the nights when her father would come home late and her mother would spit on him and how one time she shoved the couch in front of the door so he couldn't get inside the house.
"Well, it's your life, your choice, but I still wished you work."
"Why?"
"MONEY! Don't you like money?"
"You give me money when you work so I can go on vacation."
Annie felt an intense cramp below her stomach, and a jolt of pain shot from between her legs to her stomach. She gasped and bent over. The second jolt of pain sent her to the bathroom. 
"Ugh! Mom, it's that time of month again!"


© 2017 Alaa


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

80 Views
Added on March 9, 2017
Last Updated on March 9, 2017


Author

Alaa
Alaa

Vienna, VA



About
I am a somewhat experienced writer, considered gifted in the English criteria (including writing, vocab, and grammar). more..

Writing
Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by Alaa